Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Ideas for re-energizing our chapter!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 08:10 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Ideas for re-energizing our chapter!

Okay Hoosiers...it is time to start throwing out some ideas on how we can get OUR chapter really going.

My initial ideas are to have some regional area weeknight dinner gatherings and then a short group drive. These are the things we used to do in my motorcycle chapter and we usually had anywhere from 10-20 bikes meet for a dinner at a local restaurant and then go for a short after dinner group drive. Meeting at a local drive in like Arnolds in Decator or a Dog and Suds or a Stewarts or what have you as a group with all our Ford's would be fun...don't you think!

My other idea is to have a state wide meet and greet maybe 2-3 times per year in the Spring/Summer/Fall months. My thought is to move the event around the state for the different meetings...so maybe Indiana Dunes State Park in the summer month. Those that camp can camp at the park and those that don't...do not worry...we'll rent the pavillion and then have a pot luck meal/meeting so everyone can gather and become acquainted. Moving it around the state to the various parks would be fun too...and heck...we could even do a winter one up at Pokagon State Park and go tobogganing as a group?...

Anyway...I'd like to hear YOUR thoughts/ideas on what we can do as a group so we can get together and have some fun!

I've got another thread going asking for regional/sectional assistants to help organize and run the local regional dinners/what have you events that I will not be able to travel all around the state during the weektime but that shouldn't preclude small regional events and then we can have the larger state wide ones.

Again...I'm just looking to get YOUR ideas on what we can do as a chapter to get us all in one place to talk the things we like to talk about...FORDS!

Please post your ideas in this thread or if you prefer just send me a PM.

and if for some reason you haven't joined our chapter yet...it is painless, quick and FREE...simply click the link at the top left of this page "Join Chapter".

Looking forward to seeing your ideas!

Thanks,
Joe.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:45 PM
79F150EFI
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your ideas are good. I am also apart of an indiana international harvester club that does about the same thing...meet a few times a year at various events and occasionally host an old IH car show. Besides scheduled meetings as a group, we could also get together at various local events, such as car shows, swap meets, and whatnot. Get enough people to come and we could literally create our own ford truck section.

Getting people involved and willing to do anything is the hardest part. I am a lazy *** anymore, so it takes a lot to get me out of bed, more or less get anything ready for a show.