Sponsored by:

4r100 Check Ball Locations on Accumulator Plate

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 04:46 PM
danspears1
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4r100 Check Ball Locations on Accumulator Plate

Removed Accumulator body on 01 X trans to remove/replace solenoid pack. Despite being very careful not displace the check *****, they are now out of place. There are four (2 each of 2 different sizes.

I have searched the forum thoroughly, but haven't been able to find a diagram detailing their proper locations. Some have recommended using the instructions from a transgo shift kit, but I couldn't find a link to those either.

Please either provide me a diagram or link to another thread with the information. Thanks, Dan

Old 09-18-2010, 05:10 PM
JMac444
Senior User
NOTE: Apply a small amount of petroleum jelly to each check ball prior to positioning them on the valve body separator plate.
Install eight rubber and one steel EPC check *****.

<TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="70%"><TBODY><TR><TH vAlign=bottom>Item</TH><TH vAlign=bottom>Part Number</TH><TH vAlign=bottom>Description</TH><TR vAlign=top><TD>1</TD><TD>—</TD><TD>EPC steel check ball</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>2</TD><TD>CB6</TD><TD>Check ball</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>3</TD><TD>BS1</TD><TD>Ball shuttle</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>4</TD><TD>CB9</TD><TD>Check ball</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>5</TD><TD>CB14</TD><TD>Check ball</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>6</TD><TD>CB1</TD><TD>Check ball</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>7</TD><TD>BS3</TD><TD>Ball shuttle</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>8</TD><TD>CB8</TD><TD>Check ball</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>9</TD><TD>CB7</TD><TD>Check ball</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
hope this helps if you need anything else let me know!

Old 09-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
See if this Transgo scanned instruction sheet helps.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...ml#post6111578

Stewart

Old 09-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by JMac444
NOTE: Apply a small amount of petroleum jelly to each check ball prior to positioning them on the valve body separator plate.

<TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="70%"><TBODY><TR><TH vAlign=bottom>Item</TH><TH vAlign=bottom>Part Number</TH><TH vAlign=bottom>Description</TH><TR vAlign=top><TD>1</TD><TD>—</TD><TD>EPC steel check ball</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>2</TD><TD>CB6</TD><TD>Check ball</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>3</TD><TD>BS1</TD><TD>Ball shuttle</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>4</TD><TD>CB9</TD><TD>Check ball</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>5</TD><TD>CB14</TD><TD>Check ball</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>6</TD><TD>CB1</TD><TD>Check ball</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>7</TD><TD>BS3</TD><TD>Ball shuttle</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>8</TD><TD>CB8</TD><TD>Check ball</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>9</TD><TD>CB7</TD><TD>Check ball</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
hope this helps if you need anything else let me know!
He doesn't need the part numbers bro, he's not ordering check *****. He needs a diagram of their location.

Does any of the paperwork you have, from where you got those part numbers, have a diagram of where the check ***** need to be placed?

If you can find that and post it up, that's what the OP is looking for.

Stewart

Old 09-19-2010, 11:36 AM
danspears1
New User
Thanks for the clarification Stewart_H.

I need a diagram showing the location of the four check ***** on the calibration plate directly above the accumulator, not the plate above the main valve body. I was able to find that. For some reason, the instructions I found regarding removing/reinstalling the accumulator and plate do not mention the checkballs at all.

Please help me. I gotta get the X back on the road.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Dan, I bet someone in the 7.3L forum has the answer you're looking for.

Post up over there!

Stewart

Old 09-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Moto Mel
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by danspears1
Thanks for the clarification Stewart_H.

I need a diagram showing the location of the four check ***** on the calibration plate directly above the accumulator, not the plate above the main valve body. I was able to find that. For some reason, the instructions I found regarding removing/reinstalling the accumulator and plate do not mention the checkballs at all.

Please help me. I gotta get the X back on the road.
I had a similar experience with my 4R70 in my Mark VIII and the only way I found was to look for the shiney spots where the ***** seated. It worked for me, maybe I just got lucky.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:30 AM
ajorn
Senior User
Here is a link to the pictures from mueckster....I've been there with the check *****. Use vasoline and you'll be good. BTW, I lost one and called the local Ford dealer. After getting the run around I asked to talk to one of their "transmission" guys. Told him I just needed one check ball. HE said sure, come on it. I brought him a 6-pack for helping me out. Got some funny looks leaving the dealership....

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...-question.html

Old 09-20-2010, 05:05 AM
JMac444
Senior User
i have a feeling he didnt need the part numbers lol. I posted the diagram off ford installer support and it was there now its gone ill try agian!

Old 09-20-2010, 05:09 AM
JMac444
Senior User

Old 09-20-2010, 05:10 AM
JMac444
Senior User
right now i can clearly see the diagram, hopefully it stays up!

Old 09-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
The FMC Dealership website doesn't allow hot linking or image links. You have to right click on the picture, save it to your hard drive, upload it to a website like Photobucket or Image Shack, then post the image here.

You can see it because it's saved in your cache. Once you leave FTE and shut your computer down, you won't be able to see it posted here either.

Stewart

Old 09-20-2010, 02:59 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Here ya go bro, I got your back.

Stewart

Old 09-20-2010, 05:24 PM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
You da man Stewart!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reps to you bro.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:08 PM
JMac444
Senior User
Lol thanks man i lurke on the site more than i post but dont mind helpin a brotha out when in need! Now that i know what i need to do to post something of ford installer support i will thanks!

Quick Reply: 4r100 Check Ball Locations on Accumulator Plate