Rhode Island Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: dynamic

I think it's about time......

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 01:04 PM
PlatinumPete
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it's about time......

......to have our first RI Chapter GTG. I think the best way to get something going is to have our members make some suggestions as to when and where, then we can pick something that works for as many of us as possible (hopefully all of us!).

I have weekends off so I'm open to pretty much anytime. As for the where, let's face it, this state is small enough that it won't be more than 30-40 minute drive for any of us!

So let's hear some ideas!

Old 09-17-2010, 08:17 AM
lasitter
Senior User
OK! So first the group will need to decide a few things about the venue and what (if anything!) is to be accomplished.<br /><br />By "accomplished", I don't mean business wise, but rather activity wise.<br /><br />For instance: Is it going to be a meet and eat, or just a meet and greet?<br /><br />If it's going to involve the possibility of food / beverage, then:<br />At a restaurant, or, <br />At a member's house for a barbecue / beer, etc.<br /><br />You'll also have to figure out how many people you're going to accommodate (members / significant others, etc.)<br /><br />There is also the possibility of making it a publicity / recruitment event with just a little imagination!<br /><br />Pick an establishment with good highway visibility and tailgate it with signage "RI Ford Truckers ...." and you're bound to get a number inquiries by the curious.<br /><br />There's even the possibility of partnering with a dealership or piggybacking on some dealer promotional event. Dealers might appreciate the demonstration of brand loyalty for the benefit of others on the lot considering switching brands.<br /><br />These are just ideas guys. These meetings can be as much or as little as you want them to be, and that goal can change over time!

Old 09-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Bob Gervais
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm in! I usually do side jobs on weekends, but with enough notice I can change the schedule around.

lasitter, those are some great ideas, and organizational suggestions. Throwing my opinion in the hat, I'd say that something along the lines of a parking lot BS session may work well. Meet and greet, get to know each other, and take things from there.

My 93 isn't anything to show off really, but it would be great to meet everyone!

Old 09-18-2010, 07:38 PM
PlatinumPete
Posting Guru
Wow, no more ideas/suggestions....?

Well as Bob said, I think lasitter has some really good ideas for the future, but for now I was just thinking something simple. Maybe pick a place to meet for a little coffee and a lot of BS'ing. Just something very informal to break the ice and we can move on from there.

So come on guys (and gals if there are any in this area), lets get something going!!

Old 09-21-2010, 06:41 AM
dynamic
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I agree that the first get together should be informal. Just a meet and greet over some coffee or such!

I think we would need to get a number of interested people so we could locate a venue that suits everyone.

Personally Sundays work best for me, but I might be able to manage a Saturday after 1pm.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:47 PM
PlatinumPete
Posting Guru
Back to the top. Come on guys ( + gals if there are any in this chapter) lets get something going. It doesn't have to be anything elaborate, just an informal GTG to meet each other and get the ball rolling.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:57 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Here, does this help??Hooters DE - Locations

Whats Happening Pete, thought I would stop in..

Old 10-23-2010, 08:38 AM
lasitter
Senior User
How about just naming a time and place and see who objects?

Old 10-23-2010, 10:51 AM
PlatinumPete
Posting Guru
That's what I was thinking Lasitter. I was hoping to get more input, but I think we should just pick a time + place and hope people show up.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:08 PM
PlatinumPete
Posting Guru
Ok guys (and gals if there are any here in the RI chapter, sorry, I just don't know yet) I was hoping for more input but for now let's just try this. I'm thinking Sunday November 21st, before the holidays, and I'm thinking either Bristol Colt State park area, or Providence, there's a Hooters near the airport....!

Let's hear from as many of you as possible as to whether or not this will work and we'll take it from there.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:27 PM
lasitter
Senior User
Any meeting would occur indoors, right?

Old 10-31-2010, 07:32 PM
PlatinumPete
Posting Guru
Absolutely, if Bristol works I'll take a ride this week and get an address for a D+D in that area, or if someone has another idea, throw it out here and we can see if it will work. I want to make this as convienent for as many as possible.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:49 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PlatinumPete
Ok guys (and gals if there are any here in the RI chapter, sorry, I just don't know yet) I was hoping for more input but for now let's just try this. I'm thinking Sunday November 21st, before the holidays, and I'm thinking either Bristol Colt State park area, or Providence, there's a Hooters near the airport....!

Let's hear from as many of you as possible as to whether or not this will work and we'll take it from there.
Sounds good to me!!

Old 10-31-2010, 08:59 PM
7.3 Rocket
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by megawatt00
Sounds good to me!!
Methinks you live in Mass... not rhode island.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:28 AM
PlatinumPete
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 7.3 Rocket
Methinks you live in Mass... not rhode island.
That's ok Pete, he's more then welcome, and so is everyone else who may want to join us. Hell, if we do Providence, its only an hour or so for you.....

Quick Reply: I think it's about time......