Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which Type of Bed Liner Do You Prefer?
BedRug Bed Liner
13.19%
BedTred Bed Liner
1.10%
Spray-In Bed Liner
65.93%
Plastic Drop-In Bed Liner
19.78%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Bed Liners: Which Is Best For Your Ford Truck?

Old 09-14-2010, 01:35 PM
darrelf150
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a construction business and I have tried all of bed rugs, drop ins, and just about every popular spray on. I knew that there had to be a better way. I found the Dual Liner and I ordered one for my truck. When I got it I was really surprised how tough the side panels were and I never seen a thicker bed mat than the one dual liner uses. The pieces fit perfectly in my truck and it looked great. So I ordered 5 more for some of the other trucks in my fleet. I just wish I would have heard about dual liner a few years ago. I would have not got the trucks done with line x, which are all faded and worn down to bare metal. So I would choose none of the above. Dual Liner Takes the CAKE!

Old 09-14-2010, 02:29 PM
tradosaurus
More Turbo
Received 134 Likes on 99 Posts
Sounds like a plug from DualLiner.

The LineX if installed after the bed has been prepped correctly should last you a lot longer than 3 years.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:43 PM
fz1dave
Super Duty
BedRug hands down. No extensive prep and zero alteration to the truck. Try removing a spray in and let me know how that goes.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:09 PM
tradosaurus
More Turbo
Received 134 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by fz1dave
BedRug hands down. No extensive prep and zero alteration to the truck. Try removing a spray in and let me know how that goes.
I expect the spray-in to last as long as I own the truck. And with the lifetime warranty your point about removing a spray-in is irrevelant.

Line-X. Hands Down!

Old 10-14-2010, 10:41 PM
fz1dave
Super Duty
Originally Posted by tradosaurus
And with the lifetime warranty your point about removing a spray-in is irrevelant.
That would be irrelevant, and only for you spray-in guys.

See, I can remove my liner and use it in the next truck, or take it out and sell it if it doesn't fit the next one, while leaving the bed in like-new condition.

You ever get another truck, you'll be paying for another spray-in, as I'm sure lifetime warranty doesn't include transferring the liner to another truck or giving you any money back.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:01 PM
skyfox10
Posting Guru
See, I can remove my liner and use it in the next truck, or take it out and sell it if it doesn't fit the next one, while leaving the bed in like-new condition.
You must be joking... Have you ever pulled a drop in liner out of a truck aver 100k miles? They have scratched the paint up quite badly. Plus road grime can get trapped under the liner.

Old 12-23-2010, 03:05 AM
fz1dave
Super Duty
Originally Posted by skyfox10
You must be joking...
No... you must not know how to read....

Originally Posted by TonneauCoversWorld
skyfox, fz1dave mentioned he has a BedRug Bed Liner, which will definitely keep your truck in "like-new" condition after many years of use.
Thank you sir!

On another note I'd love to know how many of the 16 voters for the spray-ins have ever tried something else besides the drop-ins.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:14 PM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
Bedrug is a good product for what it is, but like everything else, it's not perfect.

It's good for light to moderate duty, heavy duty use can tear the nap. Most liquids will wash out although I've seen stained nap. Twigs, leaves, and such don't wash out easily. If you don't use a tonneau cover with it, it tends to sag after a while. It only comes in gray. It's soft and easy on your knees if you crawl around in the bed. It's easy to install and easy to remove.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Greg B
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I vote for a rubber bed mat. Been using one for years with no issues. Actually, it's the same one and it's in the 4th truck.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:32 AM
rockin300
Post Fiend
i had a rubber mate it rotted out my truck bed im a fan of spray on

Old 01-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Jason Lewis
Posting Guru
Its to bad for 9th Gen 92-96 F-150's you can't get Bed Rug's anymore

Was gonna get one so went with a spray on insted very happy !

Old 01-16-2011, 06:41 PM
skyfox10
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by TonneauCoversWorld
skyfox, fz1dave mentioned he has a BedRug Bed Liner, which will definitely keep your truck be in "like-new" condition after many years of use. You may have been misunderstood thinking he was using a hard plastic drop-in liner, which will definitely tear up a bed over time. Just wanted to clear that up, we love to hear end user reviews on all of these products so keep it up guys!
TonneauCoversWorld, thanks for clearing that up. You are right, When I read the post that I replied too, i didn't recognize that fz1dave was also the one two posts up recommending a bedrug.

No... you must not know how to read....
fz1dave, thank your for pointing out my total lack of literacy. I've been trying hard to learn how to read for quite some time now, but it looks like I still need some work. Maybe someday I'll be as smart as you.

On another note I'd love to know how many of the 16 voters for the spray-ins have ever tried something else besides the drop-ins.
to answer your question. I have used: Spray-in, Drop-In, & a Bedslide. Nothing against the Bedrug, I just don't spend enough time sleeping back there to want it so plush.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Jason Lewis
Posting Guru
If your Truck has a camper shell or if its a show truck with a hard top then a bed rug is cool, But a work truck bed that stays open all the time a bed rug makes no sense to me I only paid $335 for my spray in its been 5 years now no probs !

Old 01-24-2011, 11:29 AM
alandeon
Junior User
Mmmmm. Let me see. I plan on getting both the spray-in and also I may add the rubber mat on top. I'd love the bedrug but it's true, Very plush for a truck bed that wont be seen too often. I plan on getting a Folding tonneau and will also have a 5th wheel hitch inside.

I'd rather cut a hole in my rubber matt than cut a hole in a bedrug.

As anyone used a bedrug with a 5th wheel?

Old 03-04-2011, 10:04 PM
iggy2
Senior User
I have a 2011 F-250 ordered and it will have the Ford OEM sprayed in bedline.
Has anyone seen or have one from Ford?
What do you think of it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bed Liners: Which Is Best For Your Ford Truck?