Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

My Week Off

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 05:06 PM
LightningRyan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Week Off

Last week I had a week off and man was it busy. First weekend Saturday I was at Arthur, That was awesome! Lots of great looking trucks. Great day in general. Met some great people like Rick and Frank.

Sunday the Truck and I went to visit some Family and friends in Sault Ste. Marie, Had fun went fishing, swimming and had some fun. Got my oil changed at Maitland Ford, good guys. Argued with a salesman at a toyota dealer cause he wouldn't leave the girlfriend and I alone(my GF was looking at an Escape). Left on Wednesday, got home at about 11pm, did some laundry and packed for Thursday.

Thursday my dad and I left for Kansas City at about 7:30am. We were headed to LightningFest 7. Got there at about 3am thursday night/ Friday morning. I had to be up and at the track for 8am. I had never been to a Drag Strip or raced on one before so I went down 12 times that day with my best time being a 13.99, It was amazing Met tons of great people and had a blast. Got back to the Hotel at around 7pm and CRASHED.

Saturday got to the track about 10am and went down the strip 3 times. my best time was 13.97, unfortunately I was eliminated in the first round. But that's ok cause I didn't care about winning. I was there to have fun. Got back to the hotel and about 10pm everyone was in the parking lot drinking lol. So my dad and I went out and brought our 24 of Canadian. Met some great people shot the **** with the president of NLOC and passed out a bunch of beer. Everyone LOVED the Canadian!

Sunday woke up and had to be at the Hooters of Independence for 9am. Truck show was awesome. I won 3rd in my class(I think the Canadian helped ).

Monday we left at about 9:30am and got back at 5am on Tuesday lol, THANK GOD I DIDN"T HAVE TO BE AT WORK UNTILL 11am on Tuesday. It was completely worth it! I had a BLAST all week!

you can see my pictures from LightningFest 7 here:
Pictures by Canadian_Bakon - Photobucket

As well, as the truck show here:
Pictures by Canadian_Bakon - Photobucket

Old 09-07-2010, 09:40 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, You sure did put a few miles on the truck in a week!
You should be very proud of a 3rd place finish at an American event!!! Those Yanks tend to throw a lot of cash into their rides so you did great.

Frank

Old 09-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Talking Sounds like you had a great time.

It's pretty cool when you can spend a bit of time with folks that are fanatic about the same thing that you're into.

Kinda like how Frank covets my Bronco soooooo Muuuuch.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:56 PM
LightningRyan
Senior User
LOL I put 5500 KM on the poor truck in 3 weeks. I thought the steering wheel was going to reach out and strangle me a few times when I jumped in.

I had never been to a drag strip before so my Dad and I weren't prepared at all but some people were crazy about it. I knew I wasn't going to win in the drag races so I was there for Chits and Giggles, people were looking at me a little strange. "you drove twenty hours to come here and you don't plan on winning? "

When I won 3rd in my class in the truck show I was bouncing off the walls I'm glad they split the generations or else I might not have had a chance.

And spending time with truck people was AWESOME! Usually I'm with the car crew and could care less lol. It was great to pick peoples brains

Old 09-09-2010, 11:11 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Sounds like a fun trip.