Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

A Comedy of Errors!!!

Old 08-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
A Comedy of Errors!!!

So,,, my battery light keeps flickering and I go down to the local stealership and order new connectors for my alternator. Robbed me blind they did!!! But, these critters can't be found within 100 miles of me any other way!!

My batteries are overcharging and ooozing everywhere,,, but I have to fix the broken connectors before I can properly fix that!! Besides,,, the tops of the wires were exposed and bare as some fool ran a heater hose along the top of the engine. Geesh!!

I also have an leak on the exhaust side of my turbo,,, so I get a new clamp for that little problem while I'm at Ford.

I decide that since I have to lay across the engine to reach the turbo,,, and would squash my new alternator wires,,, I should do the turbo first!! No point in ruining my new wiring job, right??

But, my clothes keep snagging on crap,,, like the radiator mount, the hood latch and such. And my ***** are getting squished on the fuel filter housing. So,,, in my infinite wisdom,,, I put a blanket on top of the engine so I won't snag on anything anymore!!! Besides,,, it provides padding for the girls!!! Good idea, huh??

I put the clamp on,,, but it won't get tight!! It's ****-eyed and won't fit into the groove along the turbo edge. I take it off,,, realign the exhaust and put it back on. Nope still won't go. I take it off again,,, roll it around to a different angle,,, put it back on,, tap it with a hammer as I pull the lock nut on. Nope STILL won't go!!

I'm NOT a stupid person!!! WHY can't I put on a simple clamp??? I'm soooo frustrated!!!

I take it off again and grab the old clamp and put them side-by-side. The new clamp has much larger flanges!! No wonder it won't go on right!! The guy gave me the wrong clamp!! Errggg!!!

It's 4:30 and I need to run back to the stealership and get the right one!!! I put my hands down to prop myself,,, and as I'm wiggling back out of the engine compartment,,, I feel something "pop" out from under under my hand,,,

I pull the blanket back and to my horror,,, I had broken off the little plastic nipple, on top of the radiator tank, that leads to the degas bottle!!!!

So, I run back to Ford for a new clamp thinking,,, how the heck am I gonna pay for a new radiator?!?!? Geez!!

Why is it the little jobs end up being way more than we expect??? Murphy go away!!!

So, he has to order the right clamp,,, won't be in until next week!! GREAT!!! How am I gonna get to work?!?!

So, I go into the back yard and crank up my VW Rabbit. Been a long time since we went for a spin around the block, her and me!! Felt kinda good to be back in her!! She's finally road worthy again,,, but still has sooo many little thing that need fixing. Like, rear view mirrors,,, new windshield and wiper motor,,, sun visor,,, clutch,,, little things like that!!!

Anyways,,, think I'm just gonna tap out the hole and put a threaded nipple into it with some Teflon tape around it. If that doesn't work,, then I guess it's a new radiator along with alternator wires and turbo exhaust clamp!!!

I need a beer!!!

Old 08-20-2010, 10:44 AM
caseys
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Oh my... you need more than just a beer. Things happen in 3s so I think you should be good to go now. It is refreshing that you have kept a positive attitude through all this.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:58 PM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im thinking you may need something stiffer like a martini or something..sorry to hear about the string of bad luck but atleast you have another mode of transport.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:48 PM
caseys
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by im2tall33
im thinking you may need something stiffer like a martini or something..
...strictly medicinal.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:27 PM
PooreBoy
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You guy's are funny!

It sounds like my day today,here I was thinking I have some time to work on sled,thinlking I have all this stuff to do and ready to get at it when I find that I'm out of this then go to start another and I'm short there too. Drives me up the wall. As my little one once said,dosn't your pockett fill back up after you have spent it,know wait that was my dream last night!
Peace
Dan

Old 09-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
And the saga continues,,,

So, I go to the Radiator shop and show him my problem and ask him what he thinks about my "fix" ~ He gets all excited and says he can do close to the same thing,,, Put a washer on the outside and a hollow tube down the inside and use his "special" epoxy (probebly JB Weld) and can "almost" guarantee it will work!! Or we can just put on a new top tank.

I say, Cool! How much?

He says, A hundred twenty five.

I say, If it doesn't work, will you credit the buck-twenty-five towards a new tank?

He says, Yes, but he's almost certain it will work.

I say how much for a new tank?

He says, Two hundred.

Hmmmm,, not much of a savings for the risk! I ask him to just put on a new tank.

So, he says he doesn't have THAT tank and has to order it from Cali.

A week later he say, It's done come and get it! I'm soooo excited!!

I've been without my truck for weeks now and am going through withdrawals!! So, I have BB pick the Rad up while I'm at work. Get home last night, all excited to pop it in and take her for a spin.

The friggin Degas bottle nipple is on the wrong side of the radiator!!! Damn!!

So I run down to Napa real quick to get a longer hose,,, they're closed!! Pop over to all of the other parts houses,, Yeah, closed!!! @*%&#!!!!!

**Heavy Sigh**

I go into the house and crawl into bed,,, frustrated!! PO'd to no end and just want to cry!!!

So, I decided it's actually a good thing, because it forces me to wait until Friday to go get a longer hose. Patience has not always been my virtue!! I think I'm gonna grab all new hoses and clamps while I'm in there because everything is still original and the bottom hoses are really squishy and soft.

So, all in all it saves me from blowing a hose and doing this all over again on the side of the road in the pouring rain!

Time for a house party and another beer!!

Old 09-02-2010, 08:35 PM
caseys
Posting Guru
Snowbunny... bless your heart...

Hang in there girl, I respect a woman who climbs to the top of wind turbines with rotating blades.

You are loved.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:39 PM
caseys
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Snowbunny
And the saga continues,,,

So, I decided it's actually a good thing, because it forces me to wait until Friday to go get a longer hose. Patience has not always been my virtue!! everything is still original and the bottom hoses are really squishy and soft.

So, all in all it saves me from blowing a hose

Time for a house party and another beer!!
...must be some kinda party.

Hmmmm, not sure where you are going with all this.

Old 09-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by caseys
...must be some kinda party with the blowing of squishy and soft hoses.

Hmmmm, not sure where you are going with all this.

Only you, Caseys,,, only you!!!

Old 09-28-2010, 05:09 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
So,,, my son, Nighthawk285, is a tire guy in LaGrande,,, and I tell him I need new tires and wheels. He says he can set me up good!! I say, Whoo Hoo!!! Go for it!!

So he brings me mounted tires this last weekend (thank you very much again, Hun!!!). Very nice Yokohamas BTW,,, but the wheels don't fit!! The center hole is too small!!! Errgg!!!

So now I still have the same crappy wheels,,, but I have outstanding tires!!!

Anybody got an extra set of wheels for sale???

Old 09-28-2010, 05:43 PM
driximus
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish my wife did all that. Everytime I was in Iraq something needed done to the truck that couldnt wait and i paid alot in labor that I normally wouldnt pay for because I do that stuff my self!

Old 09-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Guess you are figuring out I'm not a normal female!!! Ha! Ha!!!

I love getting dirty and grease is the best moisturizer ever!!

I have always worked on my own vehicles,,, except for the major stuff,,, and even then, I'm up under the hood with whomever I have doing it!!

I work on Wind Turbines for a living,,, so working on my truck is small time stuff comparatively!!!

There's not too much I can't do by myself!!

Old 09-28-2010, 09:10 PM
caseys
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Snowbunny
I love getting dirty and grease is the best moisturizer ever!!
Okay Liz... do not want to disappoint you so here is my smart-alek response:

... is that a new cosmetic line?

...okay, it has been a long day today... that is the best I can do.

Last edited by caseys; 09-28-2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: spelling...
Old 09-29-2010, 08:09 AM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Ha! Ha!! That will do just fine, Casey!!!

Have missed you around here!!

Stop being so busy!!!

Old 09-29-2010, 02:10 PM
NorthwestX360
More Turbo
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by caseys
...I respect a woman who climbs to the top of wind turbines with rotating blades.

You are loved.
(off topic) By coincidence, just before I read this I was watching a video clip on Youtube that a friend had sent me the link to. It's not a wind turbine, but it's a video about climbing up a 1768 foot transmission tower. I thought y'all might like to check it out: YouTube - Stairway to Heaven - climbing a 1768 foot transmission tower RAW

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A Comedy of Errors!!!