that can help. any help out there. long story started in jan. pm me with
numbers or for more info about trouble.

Last edited by Capital Customs; 08-05-2010 at 05:01 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Harold Graham
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I complained and got $250

Sorry to hear that you have issues. I had a no start problem at 109K miles and turned out to cost $2000. I had had a transfer case failure out of warrenty and Ford paid 80%. I found out that there is rated degrees of loyalty that Ford Customer Care uses. I had to fax all of my invoices from the Ford services that had been done at the dealership. Plus they also look at how many Fords you've purchased. Ford CC was very hard nosed about giving any money towards out of warrenty repairs regarding the 6.0 liter diesel. I talked to the highest person available to me and all I got was $250.00. They were willing to even pressure me into take it now or forget about any money at all. I am surprised that there has not been a class action lawsuit against Ford/Navistar/International regarding the reliability issuses of the 6.0 liter.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Well, from what Tim has told me, the dealership screwed up the repairs and not testing/fixing the problem he took it in for. Just kept sending it back to him saying it was fixed, when they never even drove the truck for a test drive or anything.

Big fault on the dealership mainly. And that would be where I would be pushing this from. Dealership screwed it up.

So, now its out of warranty, they want all the money to fix it, even though they caused the problem. Thats why Tim is a bit...
Well. I think he wants these in PM's so he doesn't write some hate letter here on the website. haha.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:35 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I am normally the last to say this, but lawyer up, if you have all of the paper work, lawyer up.If you need a name that handles these types of cases, let me know. They wont charge unless they win, and they have already taken care of another friend who had MANY issues with his 6.0, the final was though the dealership left something loose in the motor, it punched out a cylinder. Took 8 months but he was able to walk away from the truck with out owing anything.

Good Luck!!

Old 08-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
I hope the dealership isn't the same place that the dude who worked on my truck is at. That would explain alot if it is.....LOL.

Yes I'm still bitter about spending an extra $2000 to make my truck run right...and no I haven't straightened the cab or replaced the carpet that he cut.

I really can't believe that you haven't gotten resolution on this, it's been a year since that first work was done hasn't it. i kow it was before the GTG at Hooters last year.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Capital Customs
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Toyman
I hope the dealership isn't the same place that the dude who worked on my truck is at. That would explain alot if it is.....LOL.

Yes I'm still bitter about spending an extra $2000 to make my truck run right...and no I haven't straightened the cab or replaced the carpet that he cut.

I really can't believe that you haven't gotten resolution on this, it's been a year since that first work was done hasn't it. i kow it was before the GTG at Hooters last year.

no truck was taken in jan,5,2010 picked up on jan 8 2010. they put a turbo and fuel pressure reg. on said they put perssure on coolant system but did not find anything. it broke down on way home. lost turbo and had coolant smell while driving then stoped for fuel. truck would not start again pulled to my shop. I was pissed called dealer and took it back on
monday. ( sat at my shop over weekend ) they had it until the 18th.
replaced turbo again then they fixed what I told them was the trouble with not starting when warm the high pressure oil o ring seal but still saying could not find coolant leak had on pressure for 1 hour. I told them to warm it up then drive it for 10 -15 miles give it some power and you will smell coolant. they never drove it. and now I am fighting for what is right.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
Sound like the EGR cooler? That was the same thing mine was doing last year. I knew when we were talking at hooters you had issues, but I thought that was a return visit when you took it back. My mistake. Is there white residue by the coolant reservoir? mine had that and I thought I had a head gasket issue, turned out to be the egr cooler/oil cooler.

Hopefully they will get it resolved for you, and soon. If you have service records showing that you had it in several times for the same concern and they did not check it out properly then you should not have any issues trying to get for to cover the repairs. Stay vigilant and keep going higher up.

Good luck Tim.

Old 08-07-2010, 09:09 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A few years back someone was pizzed at the deal here and they paided one one to sit out in the truck with a big sign that told the story. Was in the papers and all. Only lasted about a week. Dont know what ever happened, but I think I remember that there was a big lemon painted on the sign.

BulletProofDiesel - Darn-Near Bullet Proof Diesel Products for your 6.0
Symptoms of a Bad EGR Cooler

Old 08-18-2010, 04:47 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
So how is this going?

Old 08-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
I'ma have to call him this weekend and find out.
Tim is so busy, its just not even right for a guy his age with heart problems.