Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1989 ford eldurado motorhome

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 10:15 PM
joerope
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep! the black cap is missing...I musta pulled out the EEC and pulled aloose the relay I will look inbetween the radiator and so tomorrow( boy what a help this forum and youself Bill have been.)Now I can start all over again I HOPE! and get back to the original problem.. which started this thread!

Old 08-10-2010, 07:07 PM
joerope
Freshman User

oK! back at the PC with another sad story..I found the relay(fuel pump) laying on the chassis inserted it and the pump started humming BUT I put my fuel pump gauge on the strader valve and no fuel pressure.now is that because the high pressure pump is not working? i took a pin and pressed down the fuel valve and fuel came out not with force but came out.I took aloose a fuel injector connect and put in a noid light , the Noid light was flashing when i turned over the motorI reconnected the injector and attempted to start it..it was trying to run but died out..and the plugs were wet again..now getting back to that High pressure pump.could that be my problem?

Old 08-10-2010, 09:07 PM
subford
Fleet Owner
Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by joerope
oK! back at the PC with another sad story..I found the relay(fuel pump) laying on the chassis inserted it and the pump started humming
Are you saying that the fuel pumps are running all the time the key is on?

BUT I put my fuel pump gauge on the strader valve and no fuel pressure.now is that because the high pressure pump is not working?
What was humming?
i took a pin and pressed down the fuel valve and fuel came out not with force but came out.I took aloose a fuel injector connect and put in a noid light , the Noid light was flashing when i turned over the motorI reconnected the injector and attempted to start it..it was trying to run but died out..and the plugs were wet again..now getting back to that High pressure pump.could that be my problem?
Try unplugging the computer.
Ground pin #6 of the red EEC self-test plug at the NEG post of the battery.
Put the fuel pressure gauge on the test port on the fuel rail.
Tun on the key.
What pressure do you have now?

Turn the key off, is the pressure holding?

/

Old 08-10-2010, 09:25 PM
joerope
Freshman User

No the fuel pump hummmm at key turn on and stops I will try what is illestrated,I am going to video my proceedures tomorrow,

Old 08-11-2010, 08:07 PM
joerope
Freshman User

Ok! Now I have video of the effort I am making. as instructed I ran the jumper from pin 6 to the Batt. ground then hooked up the FP gauge and the pump ran constancely but no fuel pressure. Now i have the picturs but how do I post them? I am trying to upload them to U-tube

Old 08-11-2010, 08:30 PM
joerope
Freshman User

YouTube - Sanford RV.wmv

this is the video

Old 08-11-2010, 09:08 PM
subford
Fleet Owner
OK lets back up a little here, I thought you had a 1989 E-series Class "C" Motorhome.
But you have 1989 F-53 Class "A" Motorhome.

How many fuel tanks do you have?
I will guess one 75 Gallon tank.

I will guess that you have about 7 PSI fuel pressure at the fuel rail coming from the fuel pump in the tank.
The Injectors are firing with the 7 PSI fuel pressure but the fuel is just kind of leaking into the cylinder. That is why you have wet plugs. You need a minimum of 28 PSI to get the fuel to spray right and start the engine.

If you have one tank you either you have a bad fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, sock or frame pump.

If you have two tanks (if you said I do not remember) then you would have a bad selector valve, fuel pressure regulator, filter, sock or frame pump.

I take it that is the frame pump I hear running.
If the fuel return line is flexible try squeezing it shut and see if the pressure goes up.
Let me know how many fuel tanks you have.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:23 PM
joerope
Freshman User

I thiught I mentioned that it was a class a motorhome(pardon if i didn,t) but this motorhome has two tanks one in back and one on the side,as only one tank will operate the vehicle(the other (main) started missing some terible five years ago even when i switch the main tank does not engage the fuel pump that pump you hear running is coming from the back of the motorhome (as the dog house and I are at the front)And does the pump thats on the chassis(high pressure )i suppose (it has a filter incased with it) is that pump suppose to boost up the fuel pressure to the Rail?pardon me if I ramble, I am just stuck.....

Old 08-11-2010, 09:39 PM
subford
Fleet Owner
Yes the one on the frame is suppose to up the pressure for the injectors.
Without it you have the old carb system of 7 PSI from the pump inside the tank that does not sound like it is very good either.

My guess is you have a bad pump on the frame.
A Airtex E2000 pump would be what you want.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:41 PM
joerope
Freshman User

Now I will try to find one tomorrow I,ll google it and see who has is it is it a poppular item ?

thank you

Old 08-11-2010, 09:43 PM
subford
Fleet Owner
Yes it is a very popular item.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:04 PM
joerope
Freshman User
Ah Yes! Now that I have replaced the chassis fuel boost pump and filter .., the pump in the tank came on ONCE! and then quit .now theres no fuel to the gauge(it never showed pressur enyway or eny wher else I have replaced all that was suggested, I imange there,s nothing left but the Pump in both Tanks.

So Faer
Fuel pressure regulator
Cap
rotor
wires
plugs

Now is someone can send me the fuel path to the rail from the tank,I will try to get the main tank down and replace the sender and pump HUH?

Old 08-14-2010, 08:31 PM
subford
Fleet Owner
Are you saying the frame pump came on one time and now will not come on again with the pin #6 grounded and the key on?

I posted the diagram of the fuel system (fuel path) in post #13 above.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:55 PM
joerope
Freshman User
Sorry I did not Look untill after I had Posted, Yes I am saying that the fuel pump is not functioning at all now there is no roar from the pump it only roared once!I can put my hand on the relay and it seems to be clicking but nothing from the fuel pump in the tank.still with the jumper hooked and the first and only roar the fuel pump gauge showed no pressure! I turned the key again to see if the pump needed priming thats when it stoped roaring(I say roaring because it was loud as you heard on the video.).

Old 08-14-2010, 09:05 PM
subford
Fleet Owner
The fuel pump fuse link must have opened.
What did you put on for the frame fuel pump?
Was it the Airtex E2000 pump?

Quick Reply: 1989 ford eldurado motorhome