Transit Connect 2010+ Ford Transit Connect

Who has the highest current mileage?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 05:06 PM
ncranchero
Postmaster

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Who has the highest current mileage?

Wanting to see how the drive train is holding up to use. Any high mileage vans here and what are you using the TC for?

I'm thinking one is in my near future. The E250 now is approaching 150K miles and I'm hauling quite a bit less these days. My MPG per LB is not so good anymore. My miles are all interstate miles, FYI.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:44 PM
4dthinker
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No chance of me winning this contest. The Ford dealer I bought mine from didn't believe I only had 18k miles on the 2004 Pontiac Vibe I traded in. My TC is just for personal use, and no place I drive daily to is more than 10 miles away. Most are under 5.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:59 PM
ncranchero
Postmaster

Well, I get mine Monday so before long I'll be able to answer my own question. I put 1K miles a week on one just working 3 days.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Pablo-UA
Post Fiend
I live in Europe. I saw 400K Connect. what's your first opinion about small bread box?

Old 08-03-2010, 05:20 PM
ncranchero
Postmaster

It may be fine for in town use but it leaves a bit to be desired for the open road. It seems severely underpowered with shift points that let it drop out of it's power band .... what there is of it. I guess it'll have to do me for a good 3 years now though. It did get 23mpg on my 500+ mile trip today. Needs a bigger fuel tank!

Old 08-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Pablo-UA
Post Fiend
23 MPG with full load? what engine. with diesel they usually get 8-10 l/100km.
with gasoline engine it is normal fuel milage

Old 08-04-2010, 12:45 PM
ncranchero
Postmaster

2.0L Duratec I-4.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Pablo-UA
Post Fiend
Ford Mondeo engine.... the same fuel milage....

Old 08-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Pablo-UA
Post Fiend
well, what I wanna say about connect. it is typical European LCV (light commercial vehicle), designed to deliver not more 650 kg from semi terminal to somewere in city with highest milage and small car size to get less parking problem.

it was designed to haul like a mid size pick up truck but be of small car size.

seems to me ford just do the first step, VW caddy, Renault Epress, Citroen berlingo will follow ford connect.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:04 AM
BlueTransit
New User
I've got 14.5K on my transit. Bought it in early October. I use it as my daily driver, dog/bike/antique hauler, and it gets us up to our cabin thats a 6 hour drive and other weekend getaways.

I love it. Admittedly it's a little annoying when I want to accelerate on the highway it has to kick down to a lower gear, but doesn't really bother me. Will post a review at some point.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:15 AM
Pablo-UA
Post Fiend
BTW, what type of bulbs in headlamps are in US transit? here stock bulbs are H7. i'm not sure are H7/H4 dot aprouved, they say thay had been working on it, I know H1 is aproved.

yeah, in some states ECE headlamps are legal for use but not for new cars for sale....

Old 08-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Mad_Greek
New User
2010 Transit 800 mile round trip 95 MPH 21 MPG

Bought the first 2010 Transit right off the delivery hauler in two seconds after seeing it. Love and need all in one breath. That was in Aug of 09. Next day I had to go to San Francisco from Orange county. Well, the average speed is 90 to 95 mph. Not my choice but you keep up or you pull over. Expecting or a hope for 14 to 15 mpg, I was impressed with 21 mpg. Sure did, up and back. Since then I've turned my Transit Van into a more or less SUV with a navigater, TV (yes, real HDTV), DVD, PC, two rear view cameras, 5.1 sound system, refrigerator and a two thousand dollar wrap job. I've owned every new American car (just about) in my life. But this Transit is one sweet ride. Yeah, it looks like a Toyota or Nissan but baby it rides like a Ford. videoqos@aol.com for a picture since none is posted on a site. I wrote Ford and told them that the Transit is the VW bus of this century. I really don't see the price of this vehicle going below $12,000 ever. And I paid $23.400 out the door. ONLY shortcoming and I mean ONLY is that I don't have power windows. Major bummer but I've got everything else. And one sweet ride.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:21 PM
ncranchero
Postmaster

If you won't post your pic, I will. Quite a sleeper you have there, ha ha!

Mine's an XLT with power windows. I still blindly hunt for the switches on the door ......... where they're SUPPOSED to be! I also have side door & rear windows, couldn't live in it without them. Had mine two weeks, 2056 miles. It will run 80-85 mph with ease, takes a bit to get to that though. I'm still really trying to like it like you do!

Old 08-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Pablo-UA
Post Fiend
yeah, transit connect runs over 150 kmh, but be sure it is not designet for do high crusing speed, so u'll get shorted powertraine lifetime. and know, how dangerous it is! yeah, you got vehicle on European Mondeo Chassis, much better handling for German Autobahn, but this is very dangerouse to keep van under controll if u do to agressive movement of steering wheel. it is European LCV, car like a truck, not car...

when I was young and silly I did to many mods on cheap car to run faster crusers, it was fun, but later I realised how many lives cops save pulling us over....

Old 08-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Mad_Greek
New User
Thanks for posting pic. Hate you, you have power windows.

Getting use to. Hmm. OK, when I took that first 800 miler my Tansit would hunt. You know sway back and forth. I thought it was a bummer. Wrong. It was just me. Ieither learned to drive or the Transit quit hunting. Guess which. I HAD to buy the windowless version because of what I planned to do. Actually I had my first choice pick of nine off the hauler. Mine was the only windowless one. And yes, a couple of the others has PS but a clean wrap job is what I wanted. And God forbid, if I even ever considered the Sprinter. Boy would I be pissed if I owned that monstocity of a vehicle. At least a Transit looks cute, albiet in a funny way. But still cute. A Sprinter looks like crap at any angle.

Quick Reply: Who has the highest current mileage?