Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

July Chat / All Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 12:42 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
July Chat / All Topic Thread

Another month here and gone, man how time flies.

I've got some piddle work planned for the 250, coolant to ELC swap, pyro gauge ect.. gotta stop procrastinating and just do it!

Old 07-01-2010, 03:00 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by tojoski
gotta stop procrastinating and just do it!
Joe, I need to say the same about several of my projects

Old 07-01-2010, 03:30 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Joe, I need to say the same about several of my projects
I'm going to through an Amen in there...the "just do it" line of thinking applies to me as well.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:56 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning AR!

TGIF!

Old 07-03-2010, 05:00 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Happy 4th of July weekend guys/gals. Hope everyone is staying cool.

I got my new job. I've been trying to get hired by this company (home terminal is Carthage, MO) since Sept/Oct when they posted openings the first time. Finally contacted a former coworker...that is a Trainmaster in Cotter...about what I needed to do to get my resume to stand out; I meet all their requirements. He put my name on the short list for interviews (by-passing the pre-screener)...if I would have known that's all it would take I would have done that last fall. Not sure how much of the territory I'll be working...but the railroad stretches from Newark...through Batesville, Cotter, Branson, Carthage, Neveda and up to KC. At 575 miles long...it will be nice to be back on a railroad that covers some territory instead of kick rock cars around all day.

Anyway, I get to drop the bombshell on my current Tuesday...have to be in Carthage Wednesday morning. At least it's with better pay & benefits that I make the change. Just wish they would have given me a little more notice...5 days is going to be rough getting everything moved from HS to Cartage. The pavement princess is still under the weather too.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:18 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Congrats on the new job.

We spent Sat. at the Memphis zoo with some of the wife's kinfolk. It's pretty nice, I bet I haven't been to a zoo since the 2nd grade.

We'll be heading home here in a bit, on I40..hwy 64 has too many speedtraps. At Christmas the city of Earle got me for $180 !

Old 07-04-2010, 10:06 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Good Morning All!

Happy Fourth of July!

Old 07-04-2010, 10:10 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
We'll be heading home here in a bit, on I40..hwy 64 has too many speedtraps. At Christmas the city of Earle got me for $180 !
Atheists, must have been a Chubby lover.

Anyone ever figured out how to clone them selves? The last couple of weeks it sure would have been handy if there had been two of me.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:13 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by zhilton

Anyone ever figured out how to clone them selves? The last couple of weeks it sure would have been handy if there had been two of me.
I've been trying to figure that one out for years, but with my luck he would be the most sorry, worthless POS you ever saw

Old 07-06-2010, 09:11 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Well, I have been working on heavy duty trucks for most of my life, today I guess I joined the ranks of the drivers out there wearing them out. The folks I have been working for lately needed a relief driver, so I agreed to drive when needed and keep turning wrenches too. I seem to have forgotten how hard it can be to haul logs, it had been at least 14 years since my last load. I think I'll sleep good tonight, but it has been years since I had to get up early to be under the loader as day is breaking Oh Well, the pay is good.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:51 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Morning everyone, made it through the weekend with all of my fingers. Though I did watch one of my Aggie cousins school my Marine brother on how to make a "sparkler bomb".
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Well, I have been working on heavy duty trucks for most of my life, today I guess I joined the ranks of the drivers out there wearing them out.
Takes a certain kind of weird-o to sit in a cab all-day. I'll take a locomotive over a truck...but that's just me.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:43 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Good Morning AR!

Happy Hump Day!

Old 07-08-2010, 07:59 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by zhilton
Morning everyone, made it through the weekend with all of my fingers. Though I did watch one of my Aggie cousins school my Marine brother on how to make a "sparkler bomb"

I made it intact too, but just barely. One of those 12 or 16 shot flaming ball things fell over after the 1st shot.. and one of them missed me by about 3 feet.

After that we wised up and wedged them in between some bricks...then I spent an hour the next day picking up trash..

A sparkler bomb? Now that sounds intersting

Old 07-09-2010, 07:13 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Good Morning AR!

TGIF!

Old 07-10-2010, 10:49 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Made it through the first 3 days in the state of Misery. At least I draw ed #1 seniority in my hiring class of 9. Union railroading...this will be an interesting experience.
I made it intact too, but just barely. One of those 12 or 16 shot flaming ball things fell over after the 1st shot.. and one of them missed me by about 3 feet.

After that we wised up and wedged them in between some bricks...then I spent an hour the next day picking up trash..

A sparkler bomb? Now that sounds intersting
We noticed something like that too...a couple of our fireworks didn't go off like they were expected. Had one of those "brick" fireworks fall over on it's side as well. Each shot out of the brick was aimed at someone/something different; the mothers there weren't too happy at that point.

I was looking to see if one of my cousin's had uploaded the actual footage from Moo-Melle's demonstration but no luck. This will have to do...

YouTube - Sparkler Bomb exploding. Fireworks

Quick Reply: July Chat / All Topic Thread