Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

Sat Sept 25th, 2010 FTE - Fall GTG

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 09:06 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sat Sept 25th, 2010 FTE - Fall GTG

Just out of curisousity....is it too early to be thinking about the Fall GTG? I'll be the first to admit it's never to early to be thinking about Fall....Football, cooler weather, football, Champtionship race in certain racing series, football. Oh, and did I mention football is in full swing that time of year?

Old 06-29-2010, 09:33 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Not much of a sports fan here, but I'm game for a GTG. Hope it's a lot cooler than the last one though

Old 06-29-2010, 06:50 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, here's a thought. My wife works in the gift store at Blanchard Springs Caverns. If we get enough people together(I think it's 10 or more)we can get a group discount on the cave tours. There's a picnic and swimming area and camp sites too.
If anyone else is into geocaching there's bunch of them in the area, and it's fairly close to Mountain View, where the picking and grinning go on in the courthouse square at night. For the non-campers there's plenty of rooms in town.
Sort of a full service weekend kind of thing. Maybe one last get away before school starts.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Will P
Senior User
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Hey, here's a thought. My wife works in the gift store at Blanchard Springs Caverns. If we get enough people together(I think it's 10 or more)we can get a group discount on the cave tours. There's a picnic and swimming area and camp sites too.
If anyone else is into geocaching there's bunch of them in the area, and it's fairly close to Mountain View, where the picking and grinning go on in the courthouse square at night. For the non-campers there's plenty of rooms in town.
Sort of a full service weekend kind of thing. Maybe one last get away before school starts.
Man that sounds great! My family loves going the the cavern. We like geocaching too! I'm game for it! Hopefully I'll have the '70 up and running by then too!

Old 06-29-2010, 11:08 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Thanks for starting this thread Zack,

Its never too early to start talking about the next GTG, sorry I just haven't had time to start this thread..

Someone had mentioned having another meet at the Buffalo river, like we had a few years ago.. heck one of our Sept. meets was in my back yard..

Blanchard Springs is a nice idea too.

Last year on 9/25 it made it to a whopping 81 Degrees... I think I could handle camping in that..

Old 06-30-2010, 05:14 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Heck, I might even have the Scotty ready to travel, even if it is only 20 miles. I'll have to check and see if travel trailers are allowed in Blanchard. If not, I have a friend that has a campground in Sylamore. Come to think of it, this might be better, he's got room for rv's, tents and also some cabins. It's less than 10 miles from the cave. Home

Old 06-30-2010, 05:29 AM
bill henry
Senior User
Good morning all. the springs sounds like a good place to me.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:43 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tojoski
Thanks for starting this thread Zack,

Its never too early to start talking about the next GTG, sorry I just haven't had time to start this thread..

Someone had mentioned having another meet at the Buffalo river, like we had a few years ago.. heck one of our Sept. meets was in my back yard..

Blanchard Springs is a nice idea too.

Last year on 9/25 it made it to a whopping 81 Degrees... I think I could handle camping in that..
I didn't want to step on someone's toes. I'm trying to think when was the last time I was at Blanchard Springs....got to be close to 20 years...but I don't remember. Are we still shooting for the 25th? So far I'm game for Blanchard Springs...I know my kids would enjoy them selves...and it's not like we'd have to worry about the weather once we went inside.

With starting another new job () I have no clue where or what I'm going to be doing that far out....but it sounds like Blanchard Springs could be fun. Though at 200 +/- miles away from the house..it would be a camping trip for us. Meeting in my back yard would be a bad idea...not enough room and I've got two dogs (one is a Lab) that "use" the backyard.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Zack, if everyone likes Blanchard Springs, I'll talk to my friend who owns a campground about 7 miles from the park and see if we can get some sites. I've been thinking of dragging my little travel trailer down there for the weekend as a shakedown cruise for the truck. Heck, he's even got a nice pavilion he might let us have for the weekend so there's plenty of shade.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:15 PM
jimkidd
Elder User
It's been a while since i was at Blanchard Springs.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:01 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Zack, if everyone likes Blanchard Springs, I'll talk to my friend who owns a campground about 7 miles from the park and see if we can get some sites. I've been thinking of dragging my little travel trailer down there for the weekend as a shakedown cruise for the truck. Heck, he's even got a nice pavilion he might let us have for the weekend so there's plenty of shade.
Is this a state park? any pictures online anywhere?

Old 07-09-2010, 04:45 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Most of the sites I found on the 'net concentrate on pics of the cave itself. This one has the most pics of the land outside.
Blanchard Springs Caverns - Arkansas - Every Miles A Memory
Come to think of it, there's a pavilion at the park itself. I'll check into that and see if it's available.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:57 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
I've been to Blanchard a few times, I was just curious about the campground that your friend owns...

Old 07-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by tojoski
I've been to Blanchard a few times, I was just curious about the campground that your friend owns...

http://sylamorecreek.com/ A better choice for RV camping for sure. Plenty of room for tents also.

We'd have to have at least 15 people to get a discount on the cave tours. Otherwise it's $10 a head for adults and kids 6-15 are $5.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:24 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Come to think of it, there's a pavilion at the park itself. I'll check into that and see if it's available.
This place looks really nice.. any word on the pavilion?

Heck even if we don't make it to the caves, this place looks good.. and a swimming area to boot..

Quick Reply: Sat Sept 25th, 2010 FTE - Fall GTG