Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: BPofMD

how cool is that?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 12:15 PM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how cool is that?

bud sent his old trans over to me for parts to fix my 94. some great parts, some I just ordered. he even sent over a cd on how to repair it!!!. BEST PART....... I GOT TO MAKE A NEW TOOL

Attached Images    
Old 06-20-2010, 12:22 PM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
as you can see, in pic #1, it didn't take me long to spread his tranny out all over my garage apron. pic #2 shows that his failure was clutch dirt in the servos, probably could have been cleaned up and run, but this trans won't bolt up in the truck. pic # 3 shows the tool I made for pulling the pistons out of the servos. how cool is that. parts to fix my project, and got to make a new tool. way to go Budhe even sent me a link to order the new parts I need. everyone reach over and give Bud a big hug. George can hug him too.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:46 PM
66fdtrucknut
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bud, thanks for helping a brother out! So when will the Transmissatron servo puller come out on the market? Looks way over my head, Good luck with that.
Charlie

Old 06-20-2010, 01:44 PM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by 66fdtrucknut
Bud, thanks for helping a brother out! So when will the Transmissatron servo puller come out on the market? Looks way over my head, Good luck with that.
Charlie
ford allready has one, it has a part # and everything, I'm sure there's a heafty price to put it right in your tool box, and use it 1 time. being the cheap sort that I am, i elected to take an hour, and some scraps, and make a tool.Charlie, as far as beyond you, so far it is some reading and wrenching. simple. and if I screw it up, it was already broke before I started on it. if I fix it, ...... well you know how that goes, screw up,they always remember, fix it, soon forgotten..... hehehehehe

Old 06-20-2010, 06:04 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 983 Posts
You had everything to gain and nothing to lose!!!! You're doing good! I wanna see that truck running! Looks to me like it
needs a new clutch pack with all that MUD in there.....That was mostly NEW fluid I had put in there and it didn't fix the slipping
shift into 4th! Can you imagine the clutch dust that was flushed when I had the fluid changed??? You ought to tell this story up
in the TRANNY section!

Old 06-20-2010, 06:18 PM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
sloppy shift into o/d is caused by the piston getting cocked in the servo bore,I have a new one on the way. remember that this case is the parts supplyer, as the 4.6 bolt pattern is different than the 5.0. I think I will use your valve body though, will be easier to drill it and have it ready so install can happen in a short amount of time "under the truck". I guess I can post in the trans section when it's done, IF it works out, they might want more pictures, and for that I have to figgure out the photobucket since they changed it, my pics straight from the computer are great for detail, but are a pia for the threads.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:20 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 983 Posts
Photobucket is easy.....I can help there.....You talked to Jr today?

Old 06-20-2010, 06:22 PM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
cool. naaa, a whole bunch yesterday, but all quiet on the pf front today. I think Tory was down for the weekend.