Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys This is the place to check out offers from FTE sponsors. Non-sponsor vendors may not post here.

HUGE NEWS!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 11:58 PM
Strictly Diesel
FTE Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HUGE NEWS!

The following announcement was posted on my website this weekend, but I wanted to get it posted here as well...

We've been busy! Check out the information below about 3 HUGE changes to ITP Diesel that we feel will help us to better serve our customers.

1. WE'VE CHANGED OUR NAME!

ITP DIESEL is now SINISTER DIESEL!

This name change has been a long time coming. We've still got some work to do on our website and email addresses and some items will still show "ITP Diesel" for a while until we get everything updated, but we just couldn't contain our excitement any longer. The T-Shirts alone make this change worthwhile, but there's more, read on...

2. WE'VE MOVED!

We've already outgrown the shop we moved into last year (actually, it was too small when we moved in). Considering the time and effort we've put into our new location, we are hopeful that it will serve us for years to come! We've updated the address in our contact section...more about the new location later...

3. WE'VE SAVED THE BIGGEST AND BEST NEWS FOR LAST...

WE'VE MERGED WITH STRICTLY DIESEL OF SCOTTSDALE, AZ!!!

Yes, you read that right! Coupled with the new 15,000 sq/ft facility we've moved into, this merger will put us in the position to offer even more of the great products you've come to expect from us in addition to the Full-Service maintenance, repair and installation capabilities offered by the Fantastic crew from Strictly Diesel.

It's going to take us a few weeks to iron out all of the bugs from merging two companies, two computer systems and two sets of employees. Please bear with us during this transition, we wholeheartedly believe that it will result in the best products and customer service we've ever offered!
We hope to have the new website domain up in a few days...as well as get our email addresses rerouted. Current web addresses and email addresses are working and we expect them to stay up and available. We are having minor voicemail issues with our new phone system right now, but we hope to have them resolved on Monday. If you call and can't get through and/or get disconnected without option to leave a message, please be patient and give us a call back in a few minutes.

Also, it has come to our attention that there may be some people that associate the SINISTER DIESEL name with another company offering diesel parts via ebay. We would like to point out that we are NOT related to that company in ANY way. This change has been in the works for a very LONG time. When we noticed another company start using the new name, we contacted them and pointed out that we had registered it first and had invested significant effort and money in business formation, artwork, etc. The owner of the other company was most professional and agreed to modify the name he was using to avoid confustion. There were a few months of "overlap" and he had some product inventory to clear out, but to the best of our knowledge all of his product is now being produced under a name other than "Sinister Diesel".

Old 06-14-2010, 12:02 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Congrats on the merger, Dennis.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:13 AM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very cool!!! Going to be an install shop?

Old 06-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Strictly Diesel
FTE Sponsor
Originally Posted by mueckster
Congrats on the merger, Dennis.
THANK YOU!

Originally Posted by CSIPSD
Very cool!!! Going to be an install shop?
About 15,000sq/ft worth! Once things get settled I'll be posting more pictures and details about the new shop. My production area is about 2x what I've had for the last year, I've now got a dedicated product development area, we've got room for a nice showroom (when we get time to set it up) and room for 8 customer trucks inside the shop along with space for my race truck and my partners project(s). Excited doesn't even begin to cover how we are feeling!

Old 06-14-2010, 12:29 AM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ITPDiesel
THANK YOU!

About 15,000sq/ft worth! Once things get settled I'll be posting more pictures and details about the new shop. My production area is about 2x what I've had for the last year, I've now got a dedicated product development area, we've got room for a nice showroom (when we get time to set it up) and room for 8 customer trucks inside the shop along with space for my race truck and my partners project(s). Excited doesn't even begin to cover how we are feeling!
That is VERY COOL! Sounds like you will have time to get on those "little" projects!

Old 06-14-2010, 12:43 AM
PwerStroke99
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats Dennis. Cant wait to see pics

Old 06-14-2010, 01:05 AM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Congrats to Strictly Diesel as well.

Is Strictly Diesel retaining that name? Or will both be under the Sinister Diesel banner?

Strictly Sinister Diesel has a nice ring to it.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:13 AM
van_350sd
Senior User
Congrats Dennis,

When I bought my Magnaflow Exhaust from you back in 2000, I knew you were starting the business for the Long Haul.

Best,
Russ

Old 06-14-2010, 01:37 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Congratulations Dennis! Glad to see the announcement!

Stewart

Old 06-14-2010, 07:51 AM
SGnAZ
Posting Guru
Congrats Dennis

Old 06-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Strictly Diesel
FTE Sponsor
Strictly Diesel has a fantastic local reputation that we don't want to screw with, so the name will be retained as a "DBA". We're still working out all of the marketing plans, but I think you will see the internet and magazine advertising done under the "Sinister" name since that's the "Mail Order and Performance" DBA...and the locally targeted service/maintenance/repair advertising done under the "Strictly" name. Behind it all is the same company, it's just 2 DBAs for better targeting of our promotions and advertising.