Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Good news on the wreck

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 07:46 PM
willy3486
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good news on the wreck

I was able to track down the radiator support for the car today. I had my wife to pick it up on her way home since they closed before I got off. I got home and went out to see if it fit. I took the front bumper cover off and tried it out. It fit almost perfect. I looked at the side pieces where it bolts on and it was slightly bent. When the support it pulled the corners slightly. I lightly tapped it with my bodyworking hammer with a anvil I think its called on the other side. It popped back perfect. It was bent on the corner about the thickness of two quarters. I put it up there again and it was a perfect fit. I could have bolted it in without tapping it but I wanted to get it perfect. So it looks like it will be easily fixable with the parts. No other parts on the frame are even scratched let alone bent. So I think I can get it going. I asked her if it was still running after she hit and she said she thought it was. From the looks of it I don't think it was even going over 5-7 mph. It looks like I will need a radiator,ac coil,air filter box,battery tray,2 fenders,hood,hood latch. I still have ot get most of that off. I have a picture of it with the part at
HPIM6316 pictures from family photos on webshots

Old 05-26-2010, 07:53 PM
Customcab
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Well your on your way; just posted a book about pull-a-part for ya. I might need to see if (pull-a-part) they will copywrite my notes for future references. lol

Mitch

Old 05-26-2010, 08:59 PM
willy3486
Senior User
I saw that post and replied on it. This yard Is more than pick a part but when you consider time,gas,etc to go searching a few places I think it will be worth it to get it close if they have the parts. I also have to squeeze fixing this into getting ready for her to go to college,getting ready for the road project and the garden. As far as copywriting it I would go ahead if you don't want someone to take credit. A few years back I wrote a blog under a made up character and some entertainer started using my stuff. Needless to say I quit posting.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:49 PM
willy3486
Senior User
Were back and had a great trip. Its nice countryside going through Highway 8 then 111 and over to the place. It was in Ootowah just outside of Chattanooga. It was at least 2 hrs one way. I am completely give out though. We got left out before 6 and got there around 8. We had the parts off by 9:30 and packed up. Some of the parts had issues but it will work out. There were some plastice brackets broke on the AC coil but the ones on hers were ok. Then the emblem on the grill was messed up but hers made it through the wreck ok . The radiator support we had bought to test it out was great but the one on the white car was banged up. So it looks like we have all the parts we need.

I just hope we don't have any trouble witth the lady she hit. All it did was scratch her bumper. She told the trooper all she felt was a little bump. My daughter was slowing down due to the car in front of her turning to the left and this woman came from the right and ran the stop sign to get between the car turning off and my daughter. She told the insurance agent there was enough room for my daughter to stop. I think it was to take the heat off her for not stopping. Yeah its legally my daughters fault but if the woman had followed proper rules it would have never happened. And there wasn't a single car behind my daughter. She also told the trooper she was fine and signed a statement with the EMTs she was fine. I want her to get her vehicle fixed but if she tries to sue us for the wreck I will counter sue her on her intentionally causing it so she could sue. I will burn my house down before I give in to that. But the good thing is we have the same insurance company. I think she said that about my daughter to take the heat off her for running the stop sign.From what we have heard she has been in quite a few wrecks due to being a bad driver.