Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Camping weekend

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 07:14 PM
mndiesel
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Camping weekend

To all of you going to or stopping by the Campground next weekend lets come up with a game plan. I am planning on just hanging out all weekend and relaxing. Some cold ones later in the day!!!!!!
If we are all just hanging out what are the plans for food, potluck??? I can throw my big grill in the camper for the trip up there. If you want to do it on your own or as a group let me know. I can go shopping when I get there and we can just sp-lit it depending on who wants in.

I can cook pretty much anything on the grill. I figured fish (salmon, halibut, swordfish) or whatever on Friday and then for Saturday steak, chicken, ribs. Lunch we could just throw some burgers/brats for Sat and Sunday your on your own.

With both dinners we could just do a big pan of veggies or potatoes

Like I said I don't mind getting the stuff but I will leave it up to a majority. Let me know, they have some good fresh fish right there in Clearwater at Coborn's

Old 05-13-2010, 07:22 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We were discussing it the other night, and never did really come up with anything to specific...

Old 05-13-2010, 09:02 PM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Tom that sounds good with us! My wife said she would make a big taco dip and we could bring stuff for snacky food. Would you want us to pick up buns and that type of stuff. Also what about firewood? I can bring some but probably dont have enough for the whole weekend.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:14 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
I have tons and tons of wood. I can load some up in my box. I don't have the 5th wheel in the way! Ha ha, I knew there was a good reason I got a bumper pull!

Old 05-14-2010, 07:55 AM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Hey that sounds good on the firewood! But aren't you afraid with a load of wood and the camper you might overload that 6.0 dually!! Lol

Old 05-14-2010, 04:45 PM
mndiesel
Postmaster
Just so you know most campgrounds won't let you bring wood in anymore, so just cover it.

As for the food I can get all the stuff just need a headcount so I can get enough for everyone. Also if someone is a vegetarian adn doesn't want meat then they will have to eat fish so specify. SO far for food I have Myself, my brother, Troy and Beth. Anyone else in???????? If she want to make the dip I can get all the chips and stuff.........let me know

Old 05-15-2010, 03:45 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
I'm in for it, along with my wife and son.

Old 05-15-2010, 03:45 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
Originally Posted by fordpower88
Hey that sounds good on the firewood! But aren't you afraid with a load of wood and the camper you might overload that 6.0 dually!! Lol

Yeah, it might be close! LOL

Old 05-16-2010, 08:45 AM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
We are in for that Tom. Sorry about the delay in answering. I have not been on the net for a couple days and missed this.

Lynn will make a pickle dip snack that is pretty good and a popcorn salad to go with dinner.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:03 AM
dlibson
Hotshot
We can also bring some snacky foods and some treats too.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:01 PM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by mndiesel
Just so you know most campgrounds won't let you bring wood in anymore, so just cover it.

As for the food I can get all the stuff just need a headcount so I can get enough for everyone. Also if someone is a vegetarian adn doesn't want meat then they will have to eat fish so specify. SO far for food I have Myself, my brother, Troy and Beth. Anyone else in???????? If she want to make the dip I can get all the chips and stuff.........let me know
Tom we can pick up the chips that wont be any trouble at all! We got the camper home today so I am really getting excited for this now!

Old 05-17-2010, 05:09 PM
mndiesel
Postmaster
Still working on the headcount, any day visitors coming?????

So far I have 8 adults, Troy is your son coming?, Dave how old is your son and will he eat fish?????

Meal plan is fish and vegetables on Friday night, brats burgers for lunch and steak/ribs/chicken on Saturday night.

I will also pick up stuff for breakfast if most people are interested. can throw a big pan of a mix of eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes together like an omelet and pick up some OJ. Let me know!!!!!!!! I should be up there by 3pm or so.......

Old 05-17-2010, 05:31 PM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Yeah Tom my son is coming with. He wouldn't miss our first camping trip for nothing especially with all the Ford trucks that are gonna be there! As far as breakfest goes that sounds ok with me I will check with Beth but I would say we are in. Meal plan looks good to me. We should be there around 2pm. I don't know about day visitors for sure is Mike(ford79) gonna visit or Jason or Dale? Maybe we should call or pm a few people to find out.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:46 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The breakfast plan sounds good to us Tom.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:48 PM
mndiesel
Postmaster
OK gonna stop by Costco tomorrow and pick up the meats, veggies. I also can get pretty good deals on liquid refreshments( both kinds barley and the hard stuff) if you know what I mean.(pm or call me tonight if you would like me to pick you up something) I will get the fish and b-fast stuff Friday up at coborns.

Quick Reply: Camping weekend