New Jersey Chapter Join Chapter Leader: sddesigns

New Member Announcement - smashclash

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 08:00 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Thumbs up New Member Announcement - smashclash

Lets have a warm welcome for our newest member and who goes by the name of smashclash .

He has a 1986 F150 and he has just joined us on FTE 04/27/2010.

WELCOME to the NJ Chapter and post often.<!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- sig -->

Old 05-03-2010, 08:17 AM
smashclash
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone. Recently bought an 86 f-150 with 74K original miles. It's a shortbed, XLT Lariat, with 4x4, 5.0, auto.

Spent the better part of the weekend changing all fluids and filters.

Some of the major things on the to do list still:

-Fix steering. There's a lot of play in the wheel and it seems to want to get stuck in turn when I turn. That is, if I'm turning right while on the gas the steering seems to want to adapt as if going right becomes the new straight. The wheel will pull hard to the right until I turn the truck left while on the gas and then it straightens itself out.
-Rear gas tank. The previous owner said it didn't work. At a minimum it's because the fuel line is completely rusted out by the exhaust. I mean, it's not even connected anymore. Hopefully just replacing the line is all it is but with my luck the selector valve, fuel pump and a leaky tank will probably be add'l problems.
-The front tank leaks. I see where it's coming from... right in the middle up on the side directly underneath the seam where the two parts of the tank come together. Hopefully a little JB Weld can hold me over.
-Brakes. The pedal needs to go almost all the way to the floor to stop the truck. I looked in the brake master cylinder and the smaller reservoir was very low while the larger one was full. The lines looked ok so I'm guessing it has to be the master cylinder. Hopefully will get to that this week or weekend.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:12 PM
lubbock F350
New User
New Member to site

I just bought a 1995 F 350 stick Diesel, 2 wheel drive. Just had the leaf's done.

Looking for Mod's,

Old 05-04-2010, 10:18 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Hey Smash and Lubbock, welcome to FTE and the NJ Chapter, if you have any technical questions the best place would be the specific forum. If you want to get a little more local there's always the NJ forum, but the main forums will get you answers faster (usually). Now if you want to just BS we have the monthly thread where we have lots, and I mean lots of great people from all across the country to just shoot the breeze with.

Once you get 25 total posts you can setup your personal sig line or become a site supporter and have the club access, but that's a whole other area.

Lubbock I posted in your message center how to join the chapter and the guideline links.

Looking forward to seeing you all around.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:36 PM
jr32560
Fleet Owner
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome new guys

Old 05-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Mad Dog Tannen
Freshman User
Hey man I have an 89 Bronco it's pretty much the same except for EFI and a couple other things. If you get stuck on anything I might be able to help. Feel free to message me.