Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

HD's Short Bed

Old 01-23-2003, 11:18 AM
floridasteel
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HD's Short Bed

Should've know when I bought my '97 silverado I was gonna have nuthin but trouble. I was looking for a ford long bed 4x4 xtra cab then and couldn't find one so I settled to the Chebby. You know I've owned 8 cars/trucks in the 10 yrs since I got my liscense and have only had to rebuild 2 trannys...and yep you guessed it BOTH had bow-ties!

ANYWHO...now I am ready to make my allegience to FORD once again. But I am struggling once again to find one with the ellusive 8 footer.

I love the HD...but the Bed is sooo tiny! Does anyone know...is the flareside bed thats on it the same as the one on the plain XLT versions? which leads to...Has anyone heard of "swapping" the bed for an 8'?
Will the frame support it or is it even possible?

I welcome any and all comments!

Old 01-24-2003, 11:51 AM
MrBSS
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HD's Short Bed

I think the new H-D's are all "Crew Cabs" (4 full doors- about 5' bed). Previously some were "Supercabs" which had the same 6-1/2' beds as the Flareside trucks. Those would probably interchange with the standard "styleside" 6-1/2' beds to give you a little more width, but there's no way you can put an 8' bed on either a "Crew Cab" or a "Supercab" H-D.

Last edited by MrBSS; 01-24-2003 at 11:55 AM.

Search this Thread