Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Brrrrr......

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 10:00 PM
jlande
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brrrrr......

Another Beautiful night in Minnesota. -12 here in the Twin Cities, how you guys (gals) doing in the northern cities?? Plug 'em in tonite!

Old 01-23-2003, 06:44 AM
wolfmanagh
Posting Guru
Brrrrr......

I don't have my truck plugged in right now and I won't until friday morning. Although I'm not using it until this weekend too. I do have a bus sitting outside running that was plugged in all night. I would have liked to see this cold earlier in december to freeze the lakes over. I sure am hearing about a lot of stupid----s this past week driving thier cars out on the lakes and going through.

Old 01-23-2003, 07:15 AM
couleeman
Posting Guru
Brrrrr......

It would be a lot nicer with 6" to a foot of snow on the ground to. I seeded my yard last spring and it looks as though I may end up doing it again because of the cold with no insulation on top of it.

Old 01-23-2003, 12:50 PM
Buckarcher
Posting Guru
Brrrrr......

We were -15 when I got up this morning. SW suburbs.
JLande, better make sure those horses have plenty of good warm water to drink, not frozen or too cold. I have been running a lot of colics (I'm a vet) the last couple of days from horses getting dehydrated in this weather. 1. They don't drink enough cuz it's frozen and even if it's not, they don't like the cold shock in their bellies if it's too cold. 2. They lose a lot of water through their huge lungs in this really dry air. They actually get dehydrated more in the winter and require more water than they do in the summer.
You probably know this already, but as many colics as I've been seeing, it's worth reminding people.

Old 01-24-2003, 06:32 PM
fordlowboy
Senior User
Brrrrr......

it was -25 yesterday in park rapids. to cold for not having snow. the frost is deep and with that ther are many problumes.