Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pace-Edwards JackRabbit Tonneau - opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 06:46 PM
wolf189
Senior User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pace-Edwards JackRabbit Tonneau - opinions?

Okay, so a few weeks ago I bought a nice '06 F-150 Supercab XLT that came with the aforementioned Pace-Edwards JackRabbit tonneau. Now, while it looks nice enough on the truck, I'm thinking that I'd kind of like an honest independent assessment of whether or not this is a decent tonneau for the truck or if I might be better off replacing it with something else (or even just plain getting rid of it). So, anyone got any insights/experience to offer on this tonneau?

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-24-2010, 06:10 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
I was more partial to the Full Metal Jack rabbit as it was more like the Bedlocker I have now (just a manual.) Pace Edwards makes a great product, I've used them and Roll and lock for retractables. I liked the roll and lock because they were local, but the Pace Edwards was an easier install, I could usually get a PE running in under 2hrs. The Explorer rails are another great option if you plan on mounting anything to them.

Is there something wrong with the one you have? Pace Edwards has a catalog full of replacement parts, while replacing a tarp isn't fun, it's not that difficult or terribly expensive. I've only done one on a very early generation Pace Edwards, and a slightly later Roll-n-lock, it was pretty simple. Most of the rest of the parts should be available as well.

Since you already have rails, you could also just buy the FMJR canister assy and convert your cover to the FMJR.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:04 PM
wolf189
Senior User

Originally Posted by ReAX
I was more partial to the Full Metal Jack rabbit as it was more like the Bedlocker I have now (just a manual.) Pace Edwards makes a great product, I've used them and Roll and lock for retractables. I liked the roll and lock because they were local, but the Pace Edwards was an easier install, I could usually get a PE running in under 2hrs. The Explorer rails are another great option if you plan on mounting anything to them.

Is there something wrong with the one you have? Pace Edwards has a catalog full of replacement parts, while replacing a tarp isn't fun, it's not that difficult or terribly expensive. I've only done one on a very early generation Pace Edwards, and a slightly later Roll-n-lock, it was pretty simple. Most of the rest of the parts should be available as well.

Since you already have rails, you could also just buy the FMJR canister assy and convert your cover to the FMJR.
I do like the look and fit of the JackRabbit but, if I'm going to keep it I'm going to need to find some spare parts. The clamps that hold the rails in are missing along one side so I have to make sure that rail is precisely located in order to close and latch the tonneau into place (took some studying to figure out that the reason the cover wasn't cooperating was that some mildly important parts were missing).