Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: BPofMD

MEET?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Erik17
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MEET?

Is there another meet coming up? I know there was talk of once a month or so but haven't read anything about it.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:45 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,098 Likes on 998 Posts
No one volunteered to host it.....

Old 02-18-2010, 07:07 PM
jr32560
Fleet Owner
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Meat I eat it quite frequently

Old 02-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Arlene
Just passing through...

Originally Posted by jr32560
Meat I eat it quite frequently
I swear, Jr...

Probably wrong thread, but you can move if ya want... has anybody eaten at the Red, Hot & Blue BBQ place near the bridge lately? I ride by it a lot, but haven't eaten there since '96. Any feedback?

Old 02-18-2010, 07:11 PM
jr32560
Fleet Owner
I think the blizzards kinda threw a damper on the February meet Erick
we were so busy shoveling shnow -and shtuff we figured most guys would get stuck on a shnow flake and not show
we will do better in march buddy! my birthday month PARTY HARDY!!!!

Old 02-18-2010, 07:14 PM
jr32560
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Arlene
I swear, Jr...

Probably wrong thread, but you can move if ya want... has anybody eaten at the Red, Hot & Blue BBQ place near the bridge lately? I ride by it a lot, but haven't eaten there since '96. Any feedback?
had one down here and they closed up was gonna ask about a club preferred discount and try to work a deal --they did have a few around the state -guess they are failing like other businesses friggin economy

Old 02-18-2010, 07:18 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Erik, what I mean here is..... we now have a lot of members....and as the Chapter is NOT run by 1 or 2 people (even tho it seems that way), we need to start helping the Chapter with the Meets and whatever we want to do. If you (or anyone else) wants to have a meet ever month, please speak up and make a suggestion for YOUR area. Make the decision to have it at (wherever) and grab the bull by the horns and say you WANT the meet at such-and such a place.

If you guys start doing that, we could have a lot of fun....and then MORE people would volunteer to pick a place or a spot. If it is in your place, it really isn't difficult to call the place and let then know that X # of people are showing up on such and such a time/date.

I KNOW you guys want to go to meets (dinners - picnics - auto shows - etc.)..... well step up and make it happen. I know Jr gets tired of asking and everyone expecting someone else to make the decision....well guys, we need help. I know I'm tired of making the decision..... HELP!

Old 02-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Arlene
Just passing through...

Originally Posted by jr32560
had one down here and they closed up was gonna ask about a club preferred discount and try to work a deal --they did have a few around the state -guess they are failing like other businesses friggin economy
Well, they seem to be busy everytime I ride by, and they've been there this long - may have to stop in to see if it's still any good.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:19 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

I have eaten there....(In the last year). had Penny and daughter, son-in-law and grandson. Everyone said they wanted to go back.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:33 PM
jr32560
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by BPofMD
I have eaten there....(In the last year). had Penny and daughter, son-in-law and grandson. Everyone said they wanted to go back.
yeah it sucks the one down here had good food! and good service
and now it's gone

Old 02-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Erik17
Senior User
Originally Posted by BPofMD
Erik, what I mean here is..... we now have a lot of members....and as the Chapter is NOT run by 1 or 2 people (even tho it seems that way), we need to start helping the Chapter with the Meets and whatever we want to do. If you'd (or anyone else) wants to have a meet ever month, please speak up and make a suggestion for YOUR area. Make the decision to have it at (wherever) and grab the bull by the horns and say you WANT the meet at such-and such a place.

If you guys start doing that, we could have a lot of fun....and then MORE people would volunteer to pick a place or a spot. If it is in your place, it really isn't difficult to call the place and let then know that X # of people are showing up on such and such a time/date.

I KNOW you guys want to go to meets (dinners - picnics - auto shows - etc.)..... well step up and make it happen. I know Jr gets tired of asking and everyone expecting someone else to make the decision....well guys, we need help. I know I'm tired of making the decision..... HELP!
Well thats all fine and dandy but I dont want someone getting upset like I am stepping on someones toes. I will think of something and post. If you cant make it, you cant make it.

I thought at the last meeting we discussed having it in different parts of the stat to accomidate people that didnt live in the area which we had the last meeting. Arundel mills is in my back yard so I am sure we dont want to have another here. If we do then thats fine with me also.

If you need help, ask. I am more then willing to help out any way i can.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:42 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Erik...that post wasn't just to you! Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound that way....Just trying to use your post as a way of pleading for help! From everyone!

Old 02-18-2010, 07:45 PM
jr32560
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Erik17
Well thats all fine and dandy but I dont want someone getting upset like I am stepping on someones toes. I will think of something and post. If you cant make it, you cant make it.

I thought at the last meeting we discussed having it in different parts of the stat to accomidate people that didnt live in the area which we had the last meeting. Arundel mills is in my back yard so I am sure we dont want to have another here. If we do then thats fine with me also.

If you need help, ask. I am more then willing to help out any way i can.
hey Erik that is all we are asking from the members club participation
good to have the meets around different spots so all members can have a short trip to them-just a thought-of mine dumb or not -just a crazy idea

Old 02-18-2010, 07:52 PM
Erik17
Senior User
thats fine..that is why i was asking.... I dont know of anywhere but around AA County. I figured we could have one around the Frederick area for the guys in western maryland or somewhere in southern Md for Jr and some others down there. The problem being, I dont know the area to say "hey, lets meet here". Guess i could look in a phone book or something. I understand where youre coming from cause I'm sure youre in the same boat as me.

Is there area leaders or something? Something where we would rely on them to set up the meet. Say cut the state into 4 quarters and rotate months so it wouldnt be 1 or 2 people setting these things up. Just a thought

Old 02-18-2010, 07:56 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Yes, I do believe that Jr did set some people up as Area Reps or whatever they are called.....In fact, I think they are designated in the MAP up top.

Quick Reply: MEET?