Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Toyman

Got a REAL job!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 10:04 PM
crazyeddie
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a REAL job!

Howdy y'all! I've been MIA around the forum here for quite a while. Been meaning to get on and chat, learn, contribute, B.S., etc... finally have the chance!

A few months ago I hung up my career as a dishwash/cook and landed a job at a local Ford L/M dealership. By far the best job I've ever had. I've never appreciated working full time until I got in at the dealership... washing new and beautiful cars passes the time way easier than hosing off dishes, soaked all day, in a dark musty dishroom. Everyone I get to work with is cool and every day is something new. Hoping this job will get me through college and maybe lead into some more mechanical experience.

My truck's doing surprisingly well - sadly, I've driven it every day this winter and have been keeping up on making it look good. I'm saving up for a cheap junker to drive next winter so I can park the truck and get back to work on restoring it.

Hope everyone's doing great and having a good winter (if there is such a thing in Michigan lol)!

-Crazy Frickin' Edwardo

Old 02-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Its the crazy guy.
Glad to see your still here. I'm hoping you enjoyed the last meet up also!

did you get your stearing problem fixed?

Old 02-03-2010, 08:45 PM
crazyeddie
Senior User
Yes I did enjoy the last meetup. It was sweet!

As for the steering, she's still loose. Also have a vacuum leak. I was out in the garage a few minutes ago and think I broke the oil pump drive - at idle (wtf!?).

Old 02-09-2010, 06:42 PM
greenmachinejohn
Senior User
I have worked at 2 different ford dealers, changing oil, porter, car detail, shuttle driver, you name it, I did it. How much are you getting an hr.? Are they union? Join the union you can slack off and not worry about your job. The union gets you more pay.

My trucks at a stand still too, been working on the Fiancee's Mustang.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:07 PM
crazyeddie
Senior User
Upgrade to fiance? Congrats man! Guess putting the Green-Machine aside for the ol' lady's Mustang is a wise move!

They're non-union and they're giving me $8.50/hr until I get through with my 90 days. Hoping to work my way into the shop eventually. The flare of driving around brand new cars I will never be able to afford is gonna wear off eventually.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:14 PM
greenmachinejohn
Senior User
It does get old. FYI working on cars for a career and for fun are two different worlds, if ya like your blue truck and working on it, then find a non automotive industry, i changed oil for 6 months and workin on others cars wore me out and i hated workin on mine. You prolly hate washin your truck now...lol Right now im workin on starting my own hunting television show, maybe one on cars and trucks....