Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Toyman

SNOWFEST 2010

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 01:33 PM
officer131
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SNOWFEST 2010

The wife and I went up to Frakenmuth for the 2010 Snowfest. We arrived at the Dead Creek Saloon at 11:35am. I was five minutes off from the time that I said I was going to be there. Not to bad of timing asfter driving an 1hr or so. We waited there until noon. Unfortunately my vehicle was the only ford in the lot. After waiting for 25 minutes, the wife and I continued on to the hotel. Now for the troubled section.

We arive at the hotel. I attempt to check (Zenders splash hotel) in and the employee says that there was a problem with several rooms. Information was provided that there was a plumbing issue. Here I am thinking of an upgraded room. NO, not at all. The only thing the employee offered was a room at the best western in birch run for the evening. The second option was to kick some other family out of thier room and stay there, and make them walk out. So the wife and I decided that it was best to stay at the best western, and give the room to the family who would use the waterpark inside. With making that deal the employee gave us two free family style dinners at zenders downtown, and walk in service, along with a 35% percent discount on the next visit to zenders hotel. We took the deal, because we will take the kids back later.

Now if that didnt start the day off wonderful, I thought the snowfest was at zenders hotel not the eatery downtown. The website didn't say that, nor have I been there enough to know the resturaunt is not at the hotel. After getting the promotions for next time the wife and I went on down to the festival via the free shuttle from the zenders hotel.

Once again to add to the unhappy experince so far I was unable to drink, because my vehicle was at the hotel and now I knew I had to drive back to birch run for the evening.

Once the wife and I started to walk around the day was getting better. We took some pictures and saw a lot of cool looking ice/snow sculptures. What I didnt see was a ford sculpture. We surprised the waitress with a $20 tip due to the meal being free from the hotel.

We had fun shopping. I bought a ford belt buckel, and police one, a piggy bank for the kid, and a frog figure for the wife.

The fireworks were great.

We ended up walking back to zender hotel from downtown, because the whole time we were watching the fireworks we didnt see the shuttle come at all in the traffic jam. We were able to walk faster than it would have been to wait for the shuttle. We didnt have a problem, even if we did I had my S & W

At the hotel the wife had them call the best western and see if the room was still avaliable. It was. I drove there and of course no outlets for plug in. The only one that they would let me use was on the other side of the complex than my room. That doesn't work with me. I need to be close to the vehicle.

So since I and the wife were unhappy with some of the days events we ended up driving the hour or so home.

I will post some of the snowfest pictures when the wife gets them on the computer.

Al

Old 01-31-2010, 02:49 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time.
It's been pretty cold, but you would have been okay with no plug in unless your GP's are bad. =(

Sorry I couldn't make it.
We went to the woolen mill last year for a tour as well. Unfortunately, it was on a friday, so not much was going on.

Not the fake one downtown, we went to the real one.

Anyways. Did you manage to see the hot air baloons?

Old 02-01-2010, 08:57 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by officer131
The wife and I went up to Frakenmuth for the 2010 Snowfest. We arrived at the Dead Creek Saloon at 11:35am. I was five minutes off from the time that I said I was going to be there. Not to bad of timing asfter driving an 1hr or so. We waited there until noon. Unfortunately my vehicle was the only ford in the lot. After waiting for 25 minutes, the wife and I continued on to the hotel. Now for the troubled section.

We arive at the hotel. I attempt to check (Zenders splash hotel) in and the employee says that there was a problem with several rooms. Information was provided that there was a plumbing issue. Here I am thinking of an upgraded room. NO, not at all. The only thing the employee offered was a room at the best western in birch run for the evening. The second option was to kick some other family out of thier room and stay there, and make them walk out. So the wife and I decided that it was best to stay at the best western, and give the room to the family who would use the waterpark inside. With making that deal the employee gave us two free family style dinners at zenders downtown, and walk in service, along with a 35% percent discount on the next visit to zenders hotel. We took the deal, because we will take the kids back later.

Now if that didnt start the day off wonderful, I thought the snowfest was at zenders hotel not the eatery downtown. The website didn't say that, nor have I been there enough to know the resturaunt is not at the hotel. After getting the promotions for next time the wife and I went on down to the festival via the free shuttle from the zenders hotel.

Once again to add to the unhappy experince so far I was unable to drink, because my vehicle was at the hotel and now I knew I had to drive back to birch run for the evening.

Once the wife and I started to walk around the day was getting better. We took some pictures and saw a lot of cool looking ice/snow sculptures. What I didnt see was a ford sculpture. We surprised the waitress with a $20 tip due to the meal being free from the hotel.

We had fun shopping. I bought a ford belt buckel, and police one, a piggy bank for the kid, and a frog figure for the wife.

The fireworks were great.

We ended up walking back to zender hotel from downtown, because the whole time we were watching the fireworks we didnt see the shuttle come at all in the traffic jam. We were able to walk faster than it would have been to wait for the shuttle. We didnt have a problem, even if we did I had my S & W

At the hotel the wife had them call the best western and see if the room was still avaliable. It was. I drove there and of course no outlets for plug in. The only one that they would let me use was on the other side of the complex than my room. That doesn't work with me. I need to be close to the vehicle.

So since I and the wife were unhappy with some of the days events we ended up driving the hour or so home.

I will post some of the snowfest pictures when the wife gets them on the computer.

Al

Holly **** AL.. man I am sorry I couldnt make.. That sucks for you and the wife.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:17 PM
officer131
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Talyn

Sounds like you had a great time.

It's been pretty cold, but you would have been okay with no plug in unless your GP's are bad. =(

Did you manage to see the hot air baloons?

The glow plugs are new. I just installed them a couple of months ago. I still have been having some trouble starting it. I bought a stancor GPR, but as you know its cold now. I can't get to the shop the uncle inlaw owns to work on it that easily.

You had mentioned about hot air balloons. We did see (3) off to the east of downtown. Was there more sculptures east of town at the place where the ballons were leaving from. The hotel didn't say.

The time was ok spent with the wife, and a break from the munchkins. We needed it.

Count me out for ferris's get together. The wife, mother inlaw, and the two little ones are leaving for Alabama on thurday morning. NO, they wont be driving the Ex. With there expense there, I wont be going anywhere until Vegas in March for our 5 year.