Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Info on carson city ford dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 11:36 PM
Ann H.
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Info on carson city ford dealer?

Hello.... just got a new 2009 f-150 on the east coast and i have driven it back to nevada. i live in Virginia City so i have access to the reno or carson city ford dealer.

i read a few things that werent good about the reno dealer..... so does anyone have any experience with the carson city ford dealer?

thanks.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:47 AM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Ann H.
Hello.... just got a new 2009 f-150 on the east coast and i have driven it back to nevada. i live in Virginia City so i have access to the reno or carson city ford dealer.

i read a few things that werent good about the reno dealer..... so does anyone have any experience with the carson city ford dealer?

thanks.
I'm not sure how Capital Ford is these days. I use to work there under the old owners in the 80s & they were real good. But I would think I would go there before going to Jones-West. The only other choice you have is here in Fallon at the Fallon Auto Mall. But I wouldn't buy anything from them you can't deal with them they just try & rip you off on sales. As for there work in the garage I have no idea. Might PM racerchick & ask her, she is in the know more than I am on some of these shops. I know she gave me the name of a couple of shops here. I picked one & they do all my work & I'm more than pleased with Lester's Automotive. Being an old mechanic I'm not easy to please unless they are good. Lester & Scott are real good. Unless you have warranty work I would use an independent shop.
Craig

Old 01-27-2010, 09:24 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Hi Ann, welcome to FTE.

I used to use the dealer here in Tahoe, but they recently closed down.

So I can't really vouch for the CC dealer, I guess we will be finding out together.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Ann H.
New User
Thanks guys. guess i will have take it to carson city. its new and under full warrenty but i want to make sure i go to a dealer thats good.

living here i guess there is no other choice. i would have thought there would have been more ford dealers around these parts. but ... thats the breaks.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
There have been a number of dealers fold since the recession took hold.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Ann H.
New User
oh i see... well that explains it then. thanks alot.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:40 AM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Ann, If you don't need warranty work done you can take it to a State licensed garage for work. As an old mechanic private garages are a better choice in my opinion.
But just my two cents. This area has never had anymore Ford dealers than it does now. The only exception is Lake Tahoe. Carroll Shellby owned a Ford dealership in South Lake Tahoe in the 1960s. There may of been some others that Bruce mentioned up there that have closed also. Reno, Carson, Fallon, Winnemucca, Ely, Elko, are about the only Ford dealers ever in this area. Yerington, Hawthorne, & Tonopah have lost Ford dealers but they closed years ago. I'm a native Northern Nevada that grew up in Hawthorne. I'm a fourth generation from a ranch family in Yerington.
Welcome to FTE. If you haven't joined the Nevada Chapter please do it is FREE. We need all the people we can get. We are working on posting a page a day on the Chapter Board, Thanks for adding to our posts. I believe there is a link to join the chapter if not contact Jeff our leader in Wendover NV. he will sign you up.
Craig

Old 01-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Ann H.
New User
Originally Posted by kermmydog
Ann, If you don't need warranty work done you can take it to a State licensed garage for work. As an old mechanic private garages are a better choice in my opinion.
But just my two cents. This area has never had anymore Ford dealers than it does now. The only exception is Lake Tahoe. Carroll Shellby owned a Ford dealership in South Lake Tahoe in the 1960s. There may of been some others that Bruce mentioned up there that have closed also. Reno, Carson, Fallon, Winnemucca, Ely, Elko, are about the only Ford dealers ever in this area. Yerington, Hawthorne, & Tonopah have lost Ford dealers but they closed years ago. I'm a native Northern Nevada that grew up in Hawthorne. I'm a fourth generation from a ranch family in Yerington.
Welcome to FTE. If you haven't joined the Nevada Chapter please do it is FREE. We need all the people we can get. We are working on posting a page a day on the Chapter Board, Thanks for adding to our posts. I believe there is a link to join the chapter if not contact Jeff our leader in Wendover NV. he will sign you up.
Craig
i dont need anything warranty done. i just need an oil change for now.
where do you suggest i go for that?
i dont know anyone in the area since i have moved up from southern nevada last july.
thanks

Old 01-28-2010, 09:59 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Smile

Originally Posted by Ann H.
i dont need anything warranty done. i just need an oil change for now.
where do you suggest i go for that?
i dont know anyone in the area since i have moved up from southern nevada last july.
thanks
Ann,
My wife will email her girlfriend in Minden & see who she & Dan her husband say. It has been so long ago since kept up with the people I knew in Carson I'm not sure who is doing what. My wife, her girlfriend, Sandy & her husband Dan were all Deputy's with the Douglas Co Sheriff Dept & they have been there for ever. It may take a few days before she gets back to us, but she will. They own an 06 F250 4x4. They can tell us about Capital Ford. As for an oil change that might be a good way to check out Capital Ford & see what kind of service you get along with what they charge. That would give you a base to work from. I just wanted you to know that an independent garage can do work on your Ford without it interfering with your warranty.
I will PM you when I get the info back from Dan & Sandy.

Craig

Old 01-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Ann H.
New User
Originally Posted by kermmydog
Ann,
My wife will email her girlfriend in Minden & see who she & Dan her husband say. It has been so long ago since kept up with the people I knew in Carson I'm not sure who is doing what. My wife, her girlfriend, Sandy & her husband Dan were all Deputy's with the Douglas Co Sheriff Dept & they have been there for ever. It may take a few days before she gets back to us, but she will. They own an 06 F250 4x4. They can tell us about Capital Ford. As for an oil change that might be a good way to check out Capital Ford & see what kind of service you get along with what they charge. That would give you a base to work from. I just wanted you to know that an independent garage can do work on your Ford without it interfering with your warranty.
I will PM you when I get the info back from Dan & Sandy.

Craig

GREAT! thanks so much Craig. i'll look forward to hearing from you.

Ann

Old 01-29-2010, 01:06 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Ann, I emailed you. I see you are not set up to receive Private Messages. Bruce, I PMed you.
As for Capital Ford Vici's girlfriend & her husband live in Minden & have for 40 years. They say Capital Ford SERVICE DEPT is GOOD. & they have all their work done there on their 04 F250 4x4. But they say Capital Fords SALES DEPT is a GOOD PLACE TO STAY AWAY FROM.
Dan & Sandy bought their 04 F250 from Capital Ford & took off on vacation after buying it. They spent most of their vacation in Ford dealerships across the country with major problems, injectors, fuel pumps, TWO turbos, etc. So they got a good look at service from several Ford dealerships across the country. They say Capital Ford was the best of all of them.
Craig