Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Non Ford Truck Question?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Non Ford Truck Question?

I'm interested in acquiring an early model "Boler" or "Trillium" or the like, Fibreglass travel trailer.

Does anyone own one or owned one or have any insights or thoughts on these types of Travel Trailers?

TIA,

Rick.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:30 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Getting sick of the new trailer, are you?

Old 12-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Not really, but.

Originally Posted by loudfords
Getting sick of the new trailer, are you?

My friends dad who pulls a huge Airstream put it best, when folks buy a travel trailer they want one that 30' long when it's parked and 10' long when they're towing it.

That's why we bought used for our first travel trailer, we though the one we bought would be a good compromise between the two ideals.

We found we were wrong, so the fix is buy a bigger permanent site trailer, and for traveling buy something small that can be towed behind my wife's Ranger.

I like the Boler/Trillium/ smaller fibre glass travel trailers for this purpose but now I have to find one.

Funds are limited so the search continues, as for this post I just thought one of the good posters to this chapter might have some insight or help for me in my endeavor.

Rick.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:40 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I was looking for a Boler to pull behind my '48. What I have been told is that the Boler uses a plywood base and the Trillium is fiberglass all the way around. I never confirmed this but did look at on 14' Boler that sat real low, something wasn't right. Trilliums are more readily availble in a slightly larger size but they don't keep the cool egg shape (if you care, behind a '48 looks matter!) the bigger you go. Either way these things are very small.
I also could not confirm my theory that these little trailers are lined with a hybrid light wieght GOLD, its the only thing that explains the price people are asking for a 12-13' trailer.

Decent ones were running from $4500 to $7500! I also saw some for around $3000 but you would need to do some work. The musty mold stench always turns me off of a purchase.

Maybe Santa will bring one for your Wife?, I have it on good authority that you did not make the "nice" list.......again this year.

Frank

Old 12-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Talking Hey I made the "list"..........

Originally Posted by fp_5
I was looking for a Boler to pull behind my '48. What I have been told is that the Boler uses a plywood base and the Trillium is fiberglass all the way around. I never confirmed this but did look at on 14' Boler that sat real low, something wasn't right. Trilliums are more readily availble in a slightly larger size but they don't keep the cool egg shape (if you care, behind a '48 looks matter!) the bigger you go. Either way these things are very small.
I also could not confirm my theory that these little trailers are lined with a hybrid light wieght GOLD, its the only thing that explains the price people are asking for a 12-13' trailer.

Decent ones were running from $4500 to $7500! I also saw some for around $3000 but you would need to do some work. The musty mold stench always turns me off of a purchase.

Maybe Santa will bring one for your Wife?, I have it on good authority that you did not make the "nice" list.......again this year.

Frank
You just have to look for the names wrote in crayon look close thou because I think your name was there too.

Also I think I may have found a "Boler" it looks like it's in a bit of rough shape but that should help to lower the price if the fellow is interested in selling and the trailer is not past repair.

Rick.