Price: $18000
Mileage: 118000
Color: White
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MT
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke

Well boys and girls, it's officially for sale.

Here's the scoop:

2002 in my sig with 118K. Trans is stock. Came out of a '99 with 91K. I've put about 500 miles on it and it feels great. Shifts nice and smooth. Fluid flush last weekend.

Engine has not been rebuilt. It was replaced with a stock forged rod motor from a 2000 model. I bought a complete wrecked truck this past spring for the motor. To good of a deal to pass up even though there was nothing wrong with the stock motor. Wanted forged rods because I was going to be running larger stage 2 injectors and 400+ hp. Installed ARP headstuds "just because I could get to them easily" before it went in. Motor has 98K on it, 20,000 less miles than the truck. I installed at 87K on the motor. Runs great. Only Motorcraft oil filters used. Oil changed at 117K with Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15w-40.

The stock injectors that are in there were flow tested by Casserly and were all re o-ringed 2 weeks ago. HPOP is very strong. It also has the 203* t-stat and billet housing. Running red Cat ELC. Turbo is in excellent shape and the compressor wheel has ZERO signs of wear. Also has a Dynosource chip in it. It was installed when I bought the truck so I but it back in. Not much hp gain, but a little.

Billet grille, leveling kit, B&W gooseneck hitch, tinted windows, CB and antenna, brake controller, Silverstars.

Runs and drives excellent! But just don't drive it much anymore.

It's in need for a new set of tires.

KBB private party values range from $20,550 on the high end to $18,800 on the low end. I personally would say that it's in-between the "good" and "excellent" conditions as described on Kelly Blue Book. The interior is excellent and exterior has minor wear. There's been several members on this forum that have seen it up close and personal that could verify it.

Asking $18,000 because of the tires and it's got normal rock chips and paint blemishes.

It's all white with grey leather interior.

Let me know if you're interested. 208-316-1828

Click on the pics to see more of the truck.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:59 AM
strokersace
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
BTW - I had a built BTS trans in it that was recently sold. That is why it has the stock trans from a '99.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:34 AM
strokersace
Fleet Mechanic
Update to ad:

Just to clarify as to why this ad is so specific as to the motor change, parts, and transmission that are in the truck. The quote if from the 99-03 7.3 diesel sub-forum with my respone that clarifies below. If anybody has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!!

I sent your ad and explanations to my stepdad who's looking for a diesel and I've been trying to get him away from Government Motors. He already replied and said no to your ad. He said you should rewrite your ad and remove some of the details. He said just by reading the ad, he knows it was modified, thus in his mind wailed on and put back to near stock. He said to throw it on Ebay.
Thanks Jason. The ad I listed here and on a couple of other diesel forums is intended to be read by people like yourself that probably already knew it was modded and taken back to stock. Not only that but the people on these forums know the difference between pmr and forged rods, what headstuds do for a motor, etc, etc. To the people on these forums that know me and the truck, they know that it was not wailed on. I modded it to use the power safely and without breaking.

As for the "average Joe" that hasn't been on the forums to see or hear what's been done (or can be done) to trucks like this one, the ad is very much different. For those people, here is the craiglslist ad I posted.

http://montana.craigslist.org/cto/1457864614.html

In it is mentions nothing about the motor swap, forged rods, headstuds, 400+ hp, BTS, chips or anything. I figure the "average Joe" won't care nor understand what any of that is and like your stepdad, shy away.

To them, they just want a stock truck and would probably think that most of us that mod are trucks are dumb. "Why fix it if it ain't broke?" - That's what I hear all the time from my friends and family that don't understand it.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:51 PM
strokersace
Fleet Mechanic
bump to the top

Old 12-04-2009, 11:14 AM
strokersace
Fleet Mechanic
Sale pending.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:46 PM
strokersace