Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

Flex or Edge

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 09:42 AM
mrsdbro
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flex or Edge

My wife wants the Edge and i like the Flex, she hates the look of the Flex. Most men that i talk to, like the Flex and most women don't, a guy thing i guess. Lets have a poll and see who likes what more the Edge or the Flex. Post your vote and ask your wife, girlfriend or significant other for hers.
Either one is enjoyed by their owners at least the ones i've asked.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:04 PM
KhanTyranitar
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Which you get really depends on how big you need it. I think both look great. But I like the size of the Flex.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:01 AM
adbscu
Senior User
Originally Posted by mrsdbro
My wife wants the Edge and i like the Flex, she hates the look of the Flex. Most men that i talk to, like the Flex and most women don't, a guy thing i guess. Lets have a poll and see who likes what more the Edge or the Flex. Post your vote and ask your wife, girlfriend or significant other for hers.
Either one is enjoyed by their owners at least the ones i've asked.
who is going to be the primary driver for the car?

Both me and my wife like the Flex (as well as the Edge), we will most likely get a used Flex when little ones come around (still debating AWD vs FWD) in a 2 years or so

Old 10-26-2009, 03:21 PM
merlynr
Posting Guru
Traded in our 05 GT for a used Edge (07) SEL plus. Neither of us liked the looks of the Flex as it reminded us of the sta wagon days. She loves the Edge and I think it's ok. I usually drive my 99 explorer or the pu truck. Took the Edge to Vegas and back from the midwest and it got 25mpg w/ac on all the time. Plus you can drive 80-85 across new mex, ariz for hrs at a time. She likes all the creature comforts, but I seem to have a blind spot where the mirror is located when making a left turn. I think it's from driving the pickup all the time.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:48 PM
KhanTyranitar
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If your wife hates the look of the flex and you want one, challenge her to test drive it. She will be hooked.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:47 PM
B's FX4
Senior User
i like our flex, the edge looks porky to me! the flex can do so much more! once she gets past the look, the ride is great and so so much room

Old 10-30-2009, 09:41 AM
aladin sane
Senior User
Neither the wife or I can stand the look of the flex. The wife drives an 08 AWD Edge Limited in blazing copper. It is a very nice looking vehicle. As far as needing more room for things or people, that is what the crew cab superduty I drive is for.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:40 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 306 Likes on 281 Posts
My wife is the primary driver of our '08 Edge SEL AWD and she just loves it. I enjoy driving it myself becasue it is so much more agile compared to my pu and it is pretty quick out of the hole. She hates the look of the Flex and referes to them as being a "hurst" Now as far as towing and hauling stuff...... that is where the 150 comes into play

Old 11-07-2009, 08:37 AM
mrsdbro
Junior User
tried that

Originally Posted by KhanTyranitar
If your wife hates the look of the flex and you want one, challenge her to test drive it. She will be hooked.
Yep thats what i thought ,but no bite. Someone mentioned a hearst or a max sized mini cooper. She is stuck on her convictions and won't budge

Old 11-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Florida-LS
New User
My wife likes the Edge. I don't like the styling on either of them but from what I understand they're both great vehicles.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Roger Carter
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My wife and I both like the looks and room of the Flex. Recently purchased an '09 Flex Limited to replace our '97 Expedition. The wife is the primary driver (90%+). The Edge didn't have adequate interior room for me (6'6"), while the Flex is even roomy in the middle seat.
We have noticed the "love it or hate it" appeal of the Flex, never noticed the guy / gal thing. The "station wagon thing" was part of the appeal of the Flex. For the most part we have had wagons for the past 35+ years as they seem to better fit our lifestyle.
We opted for the Towing package on the Flex, cause sometimes I just dont need the F-250. With a 4500# trailer capacity, the Flex should do just fine.

Roger Carter

Old 12-05-2009, 09:20 AM
aladin sane
Senior User
I am surprised that at 6'6", you don't find the edge roomy enough. I am 6'8' and I don't have any problems fitting in. We do have the vista roof, maybe that is the difference.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Kalve
Posting Guru
Well me I like the look of the Flex over the Edge. I think the Edge looks to bloated an the Flex looks more modern. Why don't one drive a Flex fully Loaded & the other drive a Edge fully loaded an compare plus call the insurance co an see which one is best on insurance. An see which one is the safest but have driven a FWD & AWD I would take a AWD any day of the week.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:54 AM
worstenemy453
Senior User
I love the Flex. The edge is too girly. The flex is long and sleek and an all around great looking SUV.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:05 PM
aladin sane
Senior User
The flex is long and sleek? I have never found boxes to be sleek.

Quick Reply: Flex or Edge