Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ice and Snow,

Ice and snow Winter is here :-X12

Old 11-03-2002, 09:02 PM
Paarrothead
Senior User
Ice and Snow,

Man, as rotten as it's been the last week, let's hope this is a sloppy, soggy winter for a change. If not, we're going to have to wash our trucks next summer in bottled water brought in from out of state!

A couple of weeks ago I had to drive over to Granby for work, the water in that lake starts a couple miles out from the usual shore line now. I've never seen it like that before. I think they said unless we get wads of snow by Feb. it'll be below the level of the water intakes that carry water over to the Front Range.

What REALLY sucks is I just bought a gorgeous black 2002 F-250 PSD and I can't keep it out of the mud or keep it clean! I can't cruise Main Street in Longmont on Saturday night with it looking like that!

Old 11-03-2002, 11:38 PM
rikfish
Posting Guru
Ice and Snow,

I agree Paarothead! I also was in Granby and Hot Sulpher Springs a few weeks ago (first combined rifle season)and went to Willow Creek, Shadow Mountain, and Williams Fork to fish. My guess is Williams Fork must be at least 80 feet down! Shadow Mountain was fine since it is tied to Grand Lake. Sad to see Granby so low too.

Let's hope and pray for lots and lots of snow, especially in the high country. Skier's will be happy too! If this drought continues, you won't be washing your truck at all. Looks like it is high time for all of us in the dry west to take a long hard look at water usage.:-(

Old 11-07-2002, 12:49 AM
dassmoof
Senior User
Ice and Snow,

I'm really hoping we get a lot of snow this year. I really want to take my truck out in it this year. I want to get my new paintjob sloshed completely with mud and snow :-X12
It's too bad, I just got my truck back yesturday when all the snow was gone. Blah. Heh

Old 11-07-2002, 02:38 AM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Ice and Snow,

Anybody want to trade locations? I wish I was out there! I spent 1 1/2 years in AZ, and loved it. I love the mountains. CT has none. I'll trade my apartment, heck, you can even have my job. I want out!

Jared