1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crew cab seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 01:18 PM
78bigbronco
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crew cab seats

I'm looking at upgrading my back seats in my crew cab. Not sure how many different model seats and what to ask for / what trim packages came with what seats (I mean if I call up a junkyard and they probably want to know what model truck to look up).

I didnt realize that my rear seat in my 09 does not fold up or down. But thats my own fault for not checking first. Kinda wish the bottom would fold up so I can load some larger cargo in the back seat floor area. And it would be handy if the back would fold down for access to stuff behind the seat too - mine does fold forward about enough to get your hand back there but thats it. Do other models include some kind of fold down tray/ cupholders?

Dont really want leather, cloth or vinyl would be fine. So what else is to choose from other than my fixed base seat with the only moving part is the back folding forward about 4"?

And while I am on the seat topic, my front bucket seats dont have any kind of armrests. Not to big of deal but kind of a pain on our last out of state trip. I dont amagine there are bolt on armrests are there? I'd either have to get a full center consol or upgrade the front bucket seats to 'captains chairs' right? I kinda like not having the consol in the middle for pass through capability and I can fit larger items/trash can in there too.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:15 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
my 08 F350 has the lariat package. . the rear seat back doesn't move, but the cushions fold up (60/40), and there is a fold out platform that makes the floor flat in the full space (2 platforms for two seat cushions)..

I saw a set of rear seats somewhere yeaterday..

I have the captains chairs front seats, no arms rests..
(I like the big center console)

Sam

here is one on ebay from a 2009 folds both ways
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...item2556c70ac6

Old 10-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Originally Posted by sdetweil
my 08 F350 has the lariat package. . the rear seat back doesn't move...
Sure it does!

If my lowly XLT has a folding rear seatback, I'm sure your Lariat does, too!

Great find on Ebay! That's exactly what my rear seats are. The center portion of the seatback folds down into a cupholder/armrest. Pretty slick setup, if you ask me!

Old 10-15-2009, 06:07 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Originally Posted by Crazy001
Sure it does!

If my lowly XLT has a folding rear seatback, I'm sure your Lariat does, too!

Great find on Ebay! That's exactly what my rear seats are. The center portion of the seatback folds down into a cupholder/armrest. Pretty slick setup, if you ask me!
you are correct!.. I never noticed the seatback release levers.. but tada..
and voila., thats where the jack and tools are!.. needed to find them..

Sam

Old 10-16-2009, 08:23 AM
78bigbronco
Fleet Mechanic
OK so those 60/40 split rear looks exactly like what I would want. Those ebay ones are nice but shipping from there would be $$$. And I havent used ebay since they made paypal mandatory. I had nearly a hundred purchases on there 100% positive and never used that paypal crap. Wont use ebay again, now its just CL for me.

So they come with the lariat package... What is the base rear seat in the XLT?

Old 10-16-2009, 08:34 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Originally Posted by 78bigbronco
OK so those 60/40 split rear looks exactly like what I would want. Those ebay ones are nice but shipping from there would be $$$. And I havent used ebay since they made paypal mandatory. I had nearly a hundred purchases on there 100% positive and never used that paypal crap. Wont use ebay again, now its just CL for me.

off topic, but paypal isn't mandatory.. its up to the seller.. but I find paypal to be a good protector.. only one company knows my account numbers, instead of 100's.
if you were a user, I could pay u directly, immediately, so you don't have to guess whether my check is any good, and you don't have to go to the bank, or whereever with my potentially fake money orders.. I personally wont buy from someone that won't take electronic funds.. I write maybe 1 real check every other month now.
I've even paid a few CL users with paypal, cause I can't GO there fast enough.

and as for shipping.. you have to decide, what will you PAY for this seat, in total..
I bet we could ship that seat on greyhound for not as much as you think.

Sam

Old 10-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
If I remember right that seat on ebay is a cloth seat, right? If so, that is the exact seat that's in my XLT.

Fold-down armrest, fold-out load floor, folding seat and seat back are standard on the XLT seat.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:49 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Originally Posted by Crazy001
If I remember right that seat on ebay is a cloth seat, right? If so, that is the exact seat that's in my XLT.

Fold-down armrest, fold-out load floor, folding seat and seat back are standard on the XLT seat.
right that is exactly what he wanted.. not leather, all features..

Sam

Old 10-16-2009, 09:48 AM
78bigbronco
Fleet Mechanic
So then I guess the only model that seat wasnt available on was the XL... figures!

paypal had a lot of issues and lawsuits when they first came out. I actually used them a few times until I read the fine print in their terms. Back in the day if you read the fine print it was pretty scary. I know they have evolved considerably but call it a personal decision and I will not support them regardless. I can send a certified bank check free of charge on my own banks online bill payer without dealing with any other 3rd parties. More inconvenient for the seller I am sure... but if they want the sale... and its less fees too, and I hear their fees are going up as well. Call me stubborn but just because they pressure me into only 1 choice that doesnt mean I am just going to give like everyone else. Its news to me if ebay will let you use something else, it was something they started like maybe a year ago requiring paypal, and I did try and contact many sellers after that happened about using a certified bank check and they all told me the same thing that they wouldnt care personally but ebay rules said they couldnt.

Sorry for that rant but I'm stubborn lol. Kinda like the stick shift, when they ditched the stick in the F150 I held onto mine and decided to get the SD the next time. Had to order mine built to get the stick. Now they are dropping the stick in the SD so I am keeping my 09 until it falls apart. And then I'll put it back together. Or like windows. I remember everyone complaining when XP came out. But eventually everyone gives in and just gets used to it. Not me, had enough, went to Linux

Back on track now, guess next step is starting to call up junkyards and scour over CL. I just cant beleive that the bucket seat 'upgrade' cost as much as it did and doesnt even come with armrests or a consol. Not sure why they even charge for that, not really much different than the bench and one less seat belt too. Should have just got the stock seat and upgraded later on the whole thing, the buckets certainly werent worth an extra $355 on top of the bench seat. Maybe if they had adjustable headrest and armrest and manual lumbar at the minimum, and if the back seats folded.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:19 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

So then I guess the only model that seat wasnt available on was the XL... figures!
Back on track now, guess next step is starting to call up junkyards and scour over CL. I just cant beleive that the bucket seat 'upgrade' cost as much as it did and doesnt even come with armrests or a consol. Not sure why they even charge for that, not really much different than the bench and one less seat belt too. Should have just got the stock seat and upgraded later on the whole thing, the buckets certainly werent worth an extra $355 on top of the bench seat. Maybe if they had adjustable headrest and armrest and manual lumbar at the minimum, and if the back seats folded.
yeh, I do miss the adjustable headrest from the f150.. don't feel like I have any head support on these seats..

Sam

Old 10-16-2009, 10:57 AM
jas67
Junior User
And I havent used ebay since they made paypal mandatory. I had nearly a hundred purchases on there 100% positive and never used that paypal crap. Wont use ebay again, now its just CL for me.
Its real simple. Ebay owns PayPal. Therefore, they make more money by forcing everyone to use Paypal. Both ebay and paypal fees have gone up significantly in the last few years too. I used to sell a lot of stuff on ebay, and on average it cost me about 5-7% of the selling price a few years ago, now it is more like 12-14%.

Its news to me if ebay will let you use something else, it was something they started like maybe a year ago requiring paypal, and I did try and contact many sellers after that happened about using a certified bank check and they all told me the same thing that they wouldnt care personally but ebay rules said they couldnt.
Again, it is about the money. If a buyer contacts me, and offers to pay with a money order or certified check, I'm all for it, saves me 3.5% in PayPal fees.

I just cant beleive that the bucket seat 'upgrade' cost as much as it did and doesnt even come with armrests or a consol. Not sure why they even charge for that, not really much different than the bench and one less seat belt too.
They charge it because they can.

Or like windows. I remember everyone complaining when XP came out. But eventually everyone gives in and just gets used to it. Not me, had enough, went to Linux
I've been running Linux since the mid 90's, and have been completely windows free at home since around 2002 (which is when XP came out). We have a few Macs at home, and one computer running Linux. Life is much simpler w/o Windows. Most of the time in front of the computer is devoted to actually doing the task that I want to do. When I had Windows computers, most of the time spent in front of them was trying to get them working properly (never had much success with that). And this was BEFORE all the security headaches of XP. XP did take care of most of the crash issues that 95/98/Me had, but brought even bigger headaches of security (actually it is a tag-team effort between XP and IE).