Alberta Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Puddy

Wreckers in Alberta

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 11:24 PM
phat56
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wreckers in Alberta

Well I've gone and done it.... As if I don't have enough to do around here, I started another project. It's a '65 F100, originally from Shirley Ford in Edmomton. I would be the third owner. Its not in too bad of shape, but the floor is toast - burnt toast. I plan on using it as my daily driver, you know something that a guy can fix and keep reliable without taking it to the dealership for every little thing that you need a computer to fix. ( I have enough trouble trying to type on these evil boxes ).
Anyways back to the topic at hand - I will be needing some parts like a good rad support and good fenders etc. Wouldn't it be nice if we had a directory of little known and/or obscure auto wreckers?

Old 07-10-2002, 12:36 AM
megadon99
New User
Wreckers in Alberta

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 10-Jul-02 AT 01:39 AM (EST)]hi phat56 i was working in sprucegrove alberta today and i saw a wrecking yard there with lots of goodies old goodies i'am goining back there again tommorow i'll stop and check it out for ya! and get some numbers buzz ya after work megadon99

Old 07-10-2002, 12:52 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Wreckers in Alberta

Bill, Feel like going for a drive?

Call my friend Clayton at Coyote Auto wrecking at 780-662-2403
He is up near Tolfield.

Tell him Dennis "The Brat" told you to call him.

[font color=red]Dennis

FTE Adminstration
[/font]

http://www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/canada_flag_animated.gif

[link:www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/Mil1ion.html|My Website,"North Of The 49th"]

[link:www.ford-trucks.com/guidelines.html|Club FTE]
http://www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/Minimorleytruck.JPG
[font color=blue]78 F-150 429CJ,Silver,Explorer Pkg.
[/font]

Old 07-10-2002, 12:29 PM
GORSTEP
Senior User
Wreckers in Alberta

Yeah that would be great.
There used to be a little wrecker here 10 or 12 years ago. i called to see if they had stuff for the merc and the woman said:" Naw we don't got anything like that around here."
I took a drive and found 10 or 12 70 Mercs and Fords. bought a bunch of stuff and two years later the crusher roled in. I sure wish I'd had a place for all that gold.

Old 07-10-2002, 08:54 PM
phat56
Senior User
Wreckers in Alberta

I haven't been to any lately, but the last time I was in Alix they had a bunch of old stuff there. Has anyone been to Federsons in Eckville ? How about Stettler or Bowden? It seems the ones with older stuff in them are pretty hard to find.

Old 07-10-2002, 09:22 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Wreckers in Alberta

On the May long weekend ,Clayton had 5-6 ,61-66 trucks

[font color=red]Dennis

FTE Adminstration
[/font]

[link:www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/Mil1ion.html|My Website,"North Of The 49th"]

[/font]

Old 07-10-2002, 10:46 PM
56mercury
Freshman User
Wreckers in Alberta

OK guys, gonna let you in on some of my favorite places to take a stroll. Terry Feddersen's near Eckville, has mostly mid to late 50's Ford cars, some truck stuff( mostly 70's) haven't been out recently but don't remember any early to mid 60's trucks.
Stettler Auto wreckers has also a lot of 50's to 80's stuff. Don't know if he will let you take stroll but if you catch him on a good day, who knows?
Alix auto Wreckers has some good stuff but haven't been able to wander thru.
The guys at the interchange at Bowden have tons of 50's, 60's andsome 70's Ford and other brand x stuff but they never seem to be willing to sell or even let you look around. Have had no luck here at all. Just drool as pass by.
Den's Auto Repair, west of Bowden has a lot of 60's and 70's stuff with some 50's as well. The owner lets me wander thru and get what i need. Prices range from reasonable to outrageous, depending on what you need.
Have had the opportunity at some other yards but most of them are gone now. Near cried when a cherry 64 Farlane sport coupe with all the chrome in the trunk (260 with 4 speed) went to the crusher in one particular yard. Watched a unibody with an automatic rust away to nothing because the owner was going to restore it someday.
Some places are great, others are tighter than the proverbial bull's **** in fly season.
Mil1ion, thanks for the info on the yard in tofield. Must make a road trip in that direction soon.
By the way let these guys know that we appreciate the ability to look around in their yards. Assure them that we want them to continue to help us out with keeping the vintage iron on the road. If they don't set a price or are looking for an offer, make sure you give them a fair offer for the item. We usually know what it would cost to buy the part new and this is their livelyhood ands they are entitled to make a living too. Maybe we should ask these owners if they want it known that they have stuff that we need.
I know that at Den's auto Repair that he would rather have a phone call to inquire about what you need instead of just showing up and expect to go touring. Later pops

Old 07-11-2002, 08:48 AM
mercuryblues
Senior User
Wreckers in Alberta

there is a native fellow that has a lot of Ford & Merc truck and parts He lives just off highway 3 on the right side going to Pincher Creek from Fort Macleod just before Brockett. I bought a complete front clip from him last year from a 1958 F100.He was more than fair,his name is Howard

Gary
1959 M100 383/700r4

1970 T-Bird 429/360 hp

Old 07-11-2002, 10:43 PM
phat56
Senior User
Wreckers in Alberta

Hey Pops - I thought all your sources were kinda secret!! The point that you made about this type of work is thier livelyhood is a good reason for sharing this type of info, for the seller for obvious reasons, but to preserve our hobby as well. If we don't patronize these guys, they will win out to the scrap dealer. Thanks for taking the time to share all the info you did. Later Bill

Old 07-21-2002, 12:54 AM
FredR
New User
Wreckers in Alberta

Try Hilltop Autowreckers in Peace River. I know it's a little out of the way. I was through there last summer and seen a ton of stuff' all makes and models. 80% of their stuff is pre 1980 with alot of it in the 50's. The yard has been there for years. I can rember strolling through that place 20 years ago and a lot of the stuff is still there. He did have a nice 69 or 70 F100 short box truck,no drivetrain, there last year. It's worth a phone call. Some of the stuff has been there long enough that it has been overlooked or forgotten about.

Old 07-21-2002, 11:06 AM
phat56
Senior User
Wreckers in Alberta

Pops wrote "The guys at the interchange at Bowden have tons of 50's, 60's andsome 70's Ford and other brand x stuff but they never seem to be willing to sell or even let you look around. Have had no luck here at all. Just drool as pass by." I went there unannounced and he said he was too busy to show me anything. Anyway he won't sell parts
Only likes to sell whole trucks. If you want to look at his stuff you gotta call first. later- Bill

Old 08-14-2002, 12:26 AM
trinogt
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wreckers in Alberta

I am always looking for stuff for my 71 Torino GT. Anyone know where I can find stuff for it? Phone numbers? I will go anywhere in Alberta.
Mark

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gallery/displaythumbnail.php?&photoid=5362&.jpg
Ford started it; Ford will finish it!

Old 08-14-2002, 11:14 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Wreckers in Alberta

What are you specifically looking for Mark ?

http://www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/2cents.gif

[font color=red]Dennis

FTE Assistant Administrator
[/font]

[link: motorhaven.autoanything.com|How YOU Can Support This Site]

64 1/2 Mustang Pre-World's Fair Car #8092
68-Mustang 289 2v-Sunlit Gold
[/font]

Old 08-14-2002, 01:46 PM
trinogt
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wreckers in Alberta

Well, Dennis, I need fenders, hideaway headlight grille, floor console, GT rocker panels, and other miscellaneous items...

Mark
https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gallery/displaythumbnail.php?&photoid=5362&.jpg
Ford started it; Ford will finish it!

Old 08-17-2002, 10:23 AM
FredR
New User
Wreckers in Alberta

I have a set of rocker panel moldings for a '71 Torino G.T. And you can try Reg's Auto wrecking in Lacombe for some other stuff. I have a '70 Cobra. Fred R.

Quick Reply: Wreckers in Alberta