Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

3rd Annual Excursion Diversion/Ford Truck Rally July 16-19, 2010 SANTA CLAUS INDIANA

Old 09-16-2009, 08:04 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
3rd Annual Excursion Diversion/Ford Truck Rally July 16-19, 2010 SANTA CLAUS INDIANA

Fellow Hoosiers,

The 3rd Annual Excursion Diversion / Ford Truck Rally is now officially announced!

This year we will be having a location change to our home state!!!...The place this year is Lake Rudolph Campground in Santa Claus Indiana. http://www.lakerudolph.com/default.c...e=htm/main.htm

It is located directly next to Holiday World Amusement and Water Park.
http://www.holidayworld.com/

I'm sure some of you have camped at this place...if so...you know it is a great family place...if not, now is the time to do so!!!

The 'official' rally weekend will be July 16 to 18 (Friday to Sunday), 2010.

However, many folks like myself will be extending their time there. I will also share with you that weekends at the park will be crowded and my family and many of the rally goers will likely be doing a Sunday/Monday or Monday/Tuesday 2 day combo at the park (based on weather). The park has a 2 day (consecutive days) discounted pass that we will likely take advantage of (again based on weather).

The park also has group discounts for groups of 15 or more people but all tickets must be purchased at the same time...if we can coordinate this...great. A 2 day individual discounted group ticket would cost ~$50

There is a go-kart place about 21 miles away from Holiday World in Jasper Indiana...so it isn't too far and it will again be on the agenda as we have had it the past two years and had a BLAST!!! http://www.gofuzzys.com/

There are also a few pretty cool caves to explore...but those are about 50 miles away...not that far though...so we will have to see what the group wants...

I truly believe this will be a great place to hold our rally.

What needs your immediate attention though is you must call within the next few days to reserve your site as I can only hold the sites until September 27th.

I have secured a block of sites all along the same road...to give us more of a group feel...

I am in site 86D and we arrive Thursday July 15 and check out Wednesday July 21.

For everyone's information...Friday night will once again be the meet and greet night...likely 7pm like in the past...this has proven to be a very fun time for all to get reacquainted and catch up...we'll play the trivia game and there will be give aways, etc as in the past.

Here are the block of sites I have on HOLD until September 27th...so please call soon...reservations will be on a first call first get basis!!! The reservations phone number is 877-478-3657 and the sites are held under the group name Ford Truck Rally. If you have any issues getting one of the sites below...please let me know ASAP via a PM...

All of these sites are in a big circular area (see attached image). There are a mix of what Lake Rudolph has by way of sites. Their RV sites ($37-42 per night), Super 30 RV sites ($42-47 per night) and their Deluxe RV sites ($47-52 per night). The differences are that the RV site has a gravel pad, the others have concrete pads and the Deluxe sites have 50 amp service available. I have attached a blow up of the camp sites I have held. All of these sites can accommodate rigs of our size but ask specifics about the site you are looking at as some are more wooded than others.

Here is a list of the sites you can choose from:

67D
69D
71D
73D Booked by our group
74D
75D Booked by our group
76D
77D Booked by our group
78 D
79D Booked by our group
80D
81D Booked by our group
83D
84D Booked by our group
85D
86D (My site)
88 D
90D

There are also rental RV's available. Thus far ONE rental RV (#65) has already been booked by someone in our group. There are other rental RV's in this area (47, 49, 51 and 72) that are available but they are their brand new Super King model that goes for $170/night...they are HUGE rentals and right by the group...so you need to call to see what is available in this area. You have options so please call soon if you are interested in a rental RV or rental cabin for that matter. I did not hold any of the Super Kings because I wasn't sure how many people would be interested in a rental RV...but know that they go quick...so if you are interested...hold one for yourself because they won't last long.

July is a very busy time of year at this campground...they are already filling up quick...hence our need to book early.

I know this seems early to be booking for our rally...but trust me...if you don't call by September 27th...you may get a site...but it won't be in the rally area...

Here are a few important details about the campground/rally:
  1. If you have ANY hint you want to attend this rally...BOOK YOUR SITE. The cancellation policy allows for FULL REFUNDS if you cancel before 7 days of your arrival...there is no downside to booking and cancelling ahead of 7 days before arrival. Please check this for yourself before booking to be 100% sure.
  2. Deposit is one night fee.
  3. Site rental is on average about $50 per night plus tax for a deluxe site (concrete pad, 30/50 amp hookup).
  4. Super King RV rental is $170/night plus tax but there are smaller RV rental units at the campground for $125/night plus tax however there are none of these in the 'immediate' rally area..
  5. Cabin rental is $180/night plus tax
  6. 4 person golf cart is $35/day plus tax
  7. 6 person golf cart is $55/day plus tax
  8. There is a pavilion we could rent for our group dinners/functions. It is $50 for 3 hours and we can decide if this is something we want to rent.
  9. NO PETS are allowed in the RENTAL UNITS. There are no other pet restrictions in this park.
If anyone has ANY questions...please PM me.

Hope to see everyone there next year!

I do ask one important item:

When you call and reserve a site...Please send me an PM with your email address so I can get some pertinent information from you about your family for the rally. Items like names of the people in your group (for name tags), site number and check in/check out dates, etc. it is just easier to coordinate things thru email rather than PM's...plus I would never request personal information in open forum...

I hope to see a lot of you folks at the rally next year...

Again if you have ANY questions what so ever...please PM me. Also please do not hesitate in booking...if you want to attend...book a site and plan around it...also I realize many people may not know about their vacations until January...again...Lake Rudolph has a very friendly cancellation policy...

Now go and call Lake Rudolph!!!

Old 10-02-2009, 02:56 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
While it is past the 27th of September and I have lost my 'hold' on sites in the rally area...

Anyone interested in attending this rally can likely still call and get a site in the rally area...if there are none available in the immediate area...please PM me as I may have a way to get you one with the group but call Lake Rudolph first and if no luck...PM me.

Would love to see more Hoosiers at this rally...we have a blast and Lake Rudolph/Holiday World is a great family vacation spot.

Joe.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:37 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
It's not to late to join the event...

Give Lake Rudolph a call to see what sites are left in the rally area...

If you should happen to learn that there are no sites left...and you want to be near the group...drop me a PM as I know how to get 2 sites right in the rally area...

Hope some of you can join the rally...we have a great time...

Joe