2010 or 09 f150 pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Tin Cup
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 or 09 f150 pricing?

I am a new member here as you can see. I have been reading about this x-plan pricing and was wondering how good is it? I found somewhere that it is about 4% over friends and family prices, but being new the the new truck world I have no idea what that is.

I am going to be in the market for a 4x2 supercab, and would love for the knowledgeable members here to help me with an approximate figure on what I can expect to get price wise? With or without xplan pricing.

Thanks in advance,

Josh

Old 09-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Deluxe05
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The formula for X Plan pricing is:
Dealer Invoice - 0.4% of Invoice + $275 Administration Fee

X Plan pricing is pretty hard to beat, and it is not too hard to get an X Plan PIN.

I believe that they use A Plan pricing they for Friends & Family. But, the requirements are definitely a bit more stringent, and it is not significantly lower than X Plan pricing. I cannot seem to find my last dealer build sheet--which included the various pricing points--but I do vaguely remember that the difference between the A & X Plans was less than $500 on a vehicle with a $54,950 MSRP / $50,006.95 invoice price.

The downside to most pricing plans is that they almost invariably have something in the fine print indicating that the plan price is only available to vehicles sitting on a dealer's lot. (This is also true of most incentives & rebates.) Now, depending on the dealer, you may find one that is flexible enough that they will order a vehicle for you and still let you use a pricing plan on it.

As for pricing, do a bit of researching on the Internet. There are several 'build & price' websites out there that will give you both MSRP & invoice prices. From my standpoint, you should never look at or deal with anything other than invoice price. It may take some patience, but most dealerships will come down to invoice, if you negotiate long enough....some sooner than others. I have had good luck to have a dealership immediately agree to invoice price, and I have also had to spend ~6 hours negotiating to that point.

Check out Ford's web site to look up any current incentives & rebates are available in your area. The "Incentives & Offers" link can be found on the bottom, center portion of their web site.

While negotiating, do not let the dealer throw in the incentives & rebates to get the purchase price down to the invoice price. Those offers should be subtracted AFTER you settle on a purchase price.

And, despite what you might be told, even if the dealership sells the vehicle to you at "dealer invoice", they STILL MAKE MONEY.

Good luck!!

Old 09-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Tin Cup
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the help. I understand a bit more now.