Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

RAPIST/CARJACKER persuit in Tipton went right past my house!

Old 08-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
RAPIST/CARJACKER persuit in Tipton went right past my house!

(Memphis News Five Link: http://www.wmctv.com/global/story.asp?s=10862550# )

I talked to a fella that was at the intersection at the end of my street who saw the perp and all the marked and unmarked police cars blast through:

"I was in my truck with the grand kids, and saw that thing come up behind me. I knew he was going to slam into us, so I told the kids to get down on the floor and I pulled off to the left"

This was at the intersection of Quito-Drummonds, Munford-Drummonds, and Richardsons Landing roads. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow.

The cars were coming west on Munford-Drummonds, and went to the right down Richardson's Landing at high rates of speed. The man (Who's name I didn't catch) said:

"That guy that was running went right through where the old service station used to be (Warrens Grocery) and hit a hole that threw him three feet in the air, but he kept control somehow and just went on going..."

He also said "Those police cars came on so fast I still don't know how many there were, but they took that curve around to the right like NASCAR drivers - I never saw a prettier piece of driving! They just hung that right, chunked down into it, and took off like a pack of stock cars!"

The intersection at that point Howard has seen; It turns right, drops with adverse camber, and immediately turns back to the left before heading out to the river through some even tastier turns....

We joked about that a little - I said "Man, if you grew up around here there's a Dale Earnhardt lurking around inside you." He agreed, and said: "Back when all these roads were gravel sprayed with tar, I drove them at a hundred mile an hour and never thought anything about it." Is it any wonder the guy didn't get away?

Ms Billy Jean agreed (B.J.'s Bait Shop-Glenn Springs and Munford-Drummonds. They went past there too) "There's only one place he could have been going - right straight back to CRACK TOWN, down by the Landing." There's no way a crack head could get away from a skilled and sober driver, and it's a wonder the dude lived to pay for it...

Martha's store is at that intersection - for any familiar with the Drummonds area. Martha is Clay Millican's Mom.

At the time I was hanging a brake control rod out of the way on a tractor in my shop. I heard the sirens, but missed the whole dang show!!!

I'm pretty sure I know where they caught the dude at, and I halfway bet that it was J. Wesley Sanders - it sounds like him 100%. The only thing down that way is a lot of dirt roads next to the river with cotton fields on both sides. I hope it was him - he's been on my personal "DIRT BIRD" list for more than six years now!

I do know this for sure - you get on Pancho Chumley's "ITEM OF INTEREST" list, and you WILL be found...

Old 08-11-2009, 09:13 PM
alabamabuddog
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well why didnt you stop them them then.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I was workin' on a stuck bolt at the time. Why waste my efforts on a "BROKEN STUD"?

Old 08-12-2009, 06:44 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
I bet thats the most excitement you had in a while Wolfie.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Nah - Steve Bricks cruised by today and I gave him a tour of the local environs. Got to meet his wife, and Rufuss played with their labrador Max. Real nice folks, and they asked about you too. I wasn't real sure whereabouts in Collierville you were at, but was pretty sure you were working today. They're on their way back to So Cal after the big truck meet up in Carlisle PENN.

Anyway - what I've picked up through local channels is that what really went on and what was said in the news are far from the same thing at all.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:56 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
I was home. It was my birthday yesterday. I sure wish I could have met Steve.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I should have thought to send word to you, but for what it's worth - Steve posted up a few pics of the visit here:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...ml#post7823697

Old 08-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Q: What do you get if you cross Anthony Delauro with a weasel?

I don't know - but keep it the hell away from the chicken house!!!