2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

97 expy window issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 10:06 AM
D Ray
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97 expy window issue

I've done several searches on this and found some good info but didn't find the actual answer in any of them....

I'm about to replace the window lift motor- front driver's side- and the window is currently down. I know I have to drill out the rivets and apparently the new motor will accept self threading screws.

Here's the question: Based on the haynes manual (instructions kind of vague in there) and search results the window needs to be up and supported (duct tape) to replace the motor. My question is how do I get the window up to replace the motor? Or is it possible to change the window motor with the window down? If it's down all of the way will the window fall even farther or jump out of place when the gear is off of the motor? Right now I can't budge it...

And yes, the door slamming and tapping on the motor worked for a while and now the motor has officially quit working. Checked the switch already and it's fine. Relay is clicking so should be o.k. but may get replaced anyway since it is relatively inexpensive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Old 07-24-2009, 10:09 AM
D Ray
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, clicked on the wrong forum....