Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

Cash For Clunkers? Where will it lead???

Old 07-08-2009, 12:46 AM
RMPC
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cash For Clunkers? Where will it lead???

I'm just slightly worried with the current administration and the current level of LEFT in congress and senate, if this "cash for clunkers" program will become a "MANDATE" if it doesn't have/get enough steam voluntarily?
I can almost see it coming, with our new "cap & trade" monster energy /greenhouse gas tax having passed congress, and almost sure to pass with a new "super majority" in the dem side of the senate... wonder how long it will be before our wonderful leadership glances our way and starts taking aim at our "older" powerstroke Ford trucks???.... I don't know about the rest of the members here, but, even if they gave me 5 - 7 k for my 97 F350 PSD...towards a brand new "something"... the new "something" is sure to have a price tag of 40k-50k.. and almost certainly be a piece of crap that cant hold a candle to the older, better built trucks. I couldnt afford to switch .... plain and simple... and my 97 7.3 gets 4 mpg better than my boss's new 08 Ford PSD !!!! Also, my 97 has only had two major repairs in 11 yrs.. ( clutch and t case )...Boss's 08 has had 3 turbos, 5 injectors and several shop visits for engine wiring harness issues !... I'd rather ride a horse than have to depend on a late model !!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited by RMPC; 07-08-2009 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Messsed up text
Old 07-08-2009, 02:16 AM
DasCheckers
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RMPC
I'm just slightly worried with the current administration and the current level of LEFT in congress and senate, if this "cash for clunkers" program will become a "MANDATE" if it doesn't have/get enough steam voluntarily?
I can almost see it coming, with our new "cap & trade" monster energy /greenhouse gas tax having passed congress, and almost sure to pass with a new "super majority" in the dem side of the senate... wonder how long it will be before our wonderful leadership glances our way and starts taking aim at our "older" powerstroke Ford trucks???.... I don't know about the rest of the members here, but, even if they gave me 5 - 7 k for my 97 F350 PSD...towards a brand new "something"... the new "something" is sure to have a price tag of 40k-50k.. and almost certainly be a piece of crap that cant hold a candle to the older, better built trucks. I couldnt afford to switch .... plain and simple... and my 97 7.3 gets 4 mpg better than my boss's new 08 Ford PSD !!!! Also, my 97 has only had two major repairs in 11 yrs.. ( clutch and t case )...Boss's 08 has had 3 turbos, 5 injectors and several shop visits for engine wiring harness issues !... I'd rather ride a horse than have to depend on a late model !!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

AGREED! On all points my friend, and welcome to the chapter!

Old 07-08-2009, 12:36 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 297 Likes on 156 Posts
Where will it lead?

Smaller cars getting better gas mileage leading to less foreign oil being consumed?

Paying for it, well, maybe there's some savings in road maintenance?

As for taking aim at the older trucks, that's something that's going on already for the past 10 years, especially in California and the other "green" states. Smoke emissions are being clamped down on, modifications, you name it.

Search this Thread