Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

What have you done to your Ford lately?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 12:25 AM
ShamelessMT
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What have you done to your Ford lately?

It's been awfully quiet in the Montana forum... I guess that's no different than usual though. How's everybody's spring going and what kind of projects are you working on?

I've been working on a custom dash for my truck. See the thread here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...ld-thread.html.

Also, over the 4th of July weekend I'll be picking up my latest project. It's a 1972 Suzuki LJ10 that has been in the family since new. However, for the past 15+ years it has been sitting and waiting for someone to love it. For those of you who don't know what that is (I'm assuming no one knows) the LJ10 is the great-grandfather of the Suzuki Samurai. It's a 4x4 little jeep (hence the LJ designation) that's about the size of a modern side-by-side and originally had a 2-stroke snowmobile engine. I'm going to put a 3 cylinder Geo engine in it and bump the horsepower up from a measly 24 to a mighty 85!

So, what have you all been doing? Also, where's our infamous leader Stoney? Haven't heard from him in a while...

Old 06-23-2009, 02:51 PM
DasCheckers
Elder User
Totally rebuilt my motor .20 over ground up.
Deleted my EGR.
Deleted my smog pump.
Headers and dual exhaust, soon to be single 2.5".
Mag Light mount in cab.
New Cooper Discoverer S/T's.
Silverstar Ultra 4100's
Clear front marker/turn light.
Billet grille.
Re-mounted diamond plate toolbox.
New coil, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, all new hoses, air filter, oil filter, O2 sensor, coolant, oil, and blinker fluid.

Maybe today a wash and wax?

As to where I've been Shawn, I've been busy as hell with a VW event that is now over!
I'm back and ready to start recruiting some new members soon.

Let's plan a Ford get together for late August in Hyalite or something?

Old 06-23-2009, 11:03 PM
DasCheckers
Elder User
After a quick wash,

Tomorrow night I'm gonna be changing out my TPS so if anyone is bored come by! 406.491.7308

Old 06-23-2009, 11:41 PM
ShamelessMT
Elder User
You did all that work to make your front end look pretty and your bumper looks to still be bent... What's up with that? I've got a Hi-Lift jack we can use under the corners of that thing to get it bent up into a smiley face (instead of the frown it's currently sporting).

Old 06-24-2009, 12:28 AM
DasCheckers
Elder User
Originally Posted by ShamelessMT
You did all that work to make your front end look pretty and your bumper looks to still be bent... What's up with that? I've got a Hi-Lift jack we can use under the corners of that thing to get it bent up into a smiley face (instead of the frown it's currently sporting).

Got a torch too?
The back bumper is bent from some idiot hauling too much on a bumper pull as well haha.

Let's do it!

Old 06-24-2009, 11:59 PM
DasCheckers
Elder User
Installed a new TPS today, fixed all the funky blown fuses under the hood and got my backup lights working for the first time since I bought the truck.

Removed the wiring I had for overhead accessory lights on my ladder rack.
Got my trailer wiring working again via the fuses.
Cleaned out the bed and the tool box.
Gonna track down a tiny coolant leak near the water pump tomorrow.
Also planning to mess with the timing.

Me and the woman are off to Hyalite to do some fishing tomorrow sometime as well.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:09 PM
yellow truck
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm not in Montana, I live in Calgary, but I was just in Great Falls and Misoulla for dog shows (love that country through there) and had a great time.

I have had a full body off restoration done on my 69 F100 4WD and should get it back next week (won't be yellow anymore). I switched the manual drums to power assist drums, rebuilt the steering box and the power assist (it is off an early 70's 4x4). The engine is still pretty stock (I put headers on it) so I'll be getting it stroked after I have had some time behind the wheel.

The only bits I am not happy with at this time are the grill (it was a Custom and I had a Ranger donor truck with a better grill, but it is not terrific) and I need to get some good tires and rims next.

Do you guys in Montana get together to show your trucks? The Alberta chapter seems pretty sleepy.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:20 PM
ShamelessMT
Elder User
Originally Posted by yellow truck
Do you guys in Montana get together to show your trucks? The Alberta chapter seems pretty sleepy.
Sleepy doesn't even begin to describe the MT chapter. We've planned 2 get togethers in the past 3 months. The first one had 4 people show up. The second was completely canceled, due to lack of response/people finding other things more important to do. It's pretty sad here, as no one participates in our forum, even though I see a bunch of Montanans in other areas on the site.

I think that both Alberta and MT have a lot in common in that they're huge places with little population, though you do have 2 pretty large cities and we don't even have one. It's just hard to gather everyone up.

BTW, when I was 19 I lived in Spirit River, AB for about 9 months and loved it there. I went up with a harvest crew cutting wheat and stayed on to break colts with the rancher we had cut for. Some of the best times in my life were up there.

Last edited by ShamelessMT; 06-25-2009 at 10:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-26-2009, 02:28 PM
yellow truck
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I know what you mean about more people. I think Calgary has the same population as Montana, which may be why I like Montana.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:01 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Is this just for MT members, if not then I did this to my Ranger, Westin Bull Bar and Hella fogs,

Old 07-01-2009, 07:58 PM
vetteracer92
5th Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm currently avoiding the rebuild of an auto tranny for the brown turd. Most everything is going to house repairs this year.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:40 PM
DasCheckers
Elder User
Originally Posted by vetteracer92
I'm currently avoiding the rebuild of an auto tranny for the brown turd. Most everything is going to house repairs this year.
Haha. Where you located man? And George, that truck's looking good!

Old 07-02-2009, 05:04 PM
vetteracer92
5th Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I live in Great Falls hell. Might be looking to go to Alberton, outside of Missoula.