North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Anyone near Fayette'nam?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 10:31 AM
JD_fayetteville_ford
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone near Fayette'nam?

Hey all, I will post this here since Everything is a bit different and the Admin suggested I sign up for the NC chapter. Well my name is JD, I am the Admin/Founder of Fayetteville Fords. A group for ALL Fords. Here's the link if anyone is interested. I am NOT trying to take anyone from any particular forum/group. All I'm trying to do is get a little "airtime" and more people (since we have 20 members, and only less than 10 are active) Check us out at Fayetteville Fords - Home. I don't know if FTE allows signatures but I also specialize in those as well. If anyone has any questions for me, either post them here, or on the website. Either way, Either myself or the other Admin or Mods will be more than happy to answer your questions. Much thanks to FTE for fighting the good fight. Thanks all and have a good day!

JD

Old 06-08-2009, 08:18 PM
MAKO314
Cargo Master
we have quite a few members from and around that area. maybe some of them will come around and say hello.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:25 PM
JD_fayetteville_ford
Freshman User
I hope so, I hate being the only person to post. How do I upload my sig?

Old 06-08-2009, 08:30 PM
MAKO314
Cargo Master
there should be a place to do it under user cp but It may be limited until a higher post count is reached, I'm not real sure to be honest with you.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:32 PM
JD_fayetteville_ford
Freshman User
So maybe 25 posts or more? I'm a post-a-holic. I own my own website and am a member on um....lemme count here lmao...like 5 others not counting FTE. I added FTE to my list of Partner sites, can you tell the Admin that so that maybe I can spread the word around here. Thanks again Ashley

Old 06-08-2009, 09:22 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 157 Likes on 93 Posts
Hi JD, welcome to FTE! I saw your post in the New User Announcements and visited your site.

Let me call your attention to the following FTE guidelines which prohibits solicitation, in any forum for a commercial or non-commercial site.

Originally Posted by guidelines
3. No Advertising . (Note: This applies to non-sponsors.) Posting commercial solicitations, advertisements, multi-level marketing, promoting competitive commercial or non-commercial web sites, phone numbers, web site addresses, photos, testimonials or other content promoting a business in which you are involved is strictly forbidden and will result in immediate and possibly permanent revocation of your posting privileges. This includes promotion of companies in return for discounts, favors, free products, promotional links in profiles and signatures, and screen names intended to promote commercial entities.
Now having stated the above, I hope you can understand the reason for the guideline.

My advice to you would be to tread lightly with any promotion of your site either direct or indirect.

What kind of work do you do?

Old 06-08-2009, 09:38 PM
JD_fayetteville_ford
Freshman User
Ok thanks for letting me know. Better to inform me and let me change it up. I am "retired" military. I screwed my back up royally and was given two options: Either stay in the Army, and do a pencil pushers job, or keep my job title (mechanic) and take 80% Disability and retain some of my dignity, My 1sg was a 63B as well (mechanic) and we all don't like pencil pushers.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:39 PM
JD_fayetteville_ford
Freshman User
Umm....how do I edit my post? I want to keep everything except what you advised me to take out.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:46 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
I think as long as you don't "cheerlead" for you site, then both the NC chapter of FTE and FF can benefit from the association.

Holding joint G2G's, cruisins, truck/car shows etc. could be good for all concerned.

It must take quite a lot of your time to maintain that site. Why reinvent the wheel when you all could have a presence in the NC chapter of FTE?

FYI, after 60 seconds, you cannot edit your post, but I can.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:59 PM
JD_fayetteville_ford
Freshman User
I definetly want to host a G2G. I like a lot of the mustang clubs, but they are pretty much on their own thing. I want to unite the two and have Suped up trucks and Super sharp stangs in the same place and have everyone get along. I would definetly like to hang out with you guys. I am sick and tired of talking to people and getting nothing but 'tude. I'm not talking about you guys, but other "nameless" forums I have been on, I have gotten so frustrated that I deleted my acct with them, and had to go blow off some steam. I am a pretty cool guy in my opinion and that's what my associates and friends on FF say. I would love to do a G2g with y'all, just let me know when y'all can round everyone up!

Old 06-08-2009, 10:06 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
My experience with trucks and stangs is they pretty much are each their own as far as a club goes. I think its the fear factor of a big truck running over a stang,

Ashley is the chapter leader for NC. It's up to him to decide whether or not to participate.

I'm just here to offer some friendly words of wisdom, lol

Old 06-08-2009, 10:12 PM
JD_fayetteville_ford
Freshman User
Ok good deal! I will talk it over with him and see whats up. Any advice on charging membership fees? I'm on a tight personal budget but I refuse to drop this project. Never was good at quitting anything. I just need the extra boost so I can get a paid domain name. I just want people to come to cruise-ins and help out because they feel they have contributed something.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:28 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
FTE does not allow charging of dues or fees to it's chapter members. Since its free on FTE, I really don't see FTE members paying for something they now have for free. Experience will show you that as soon as you add fees, you're going to lose all of the marginal members and most of your "active" members.

If you go to paid advertising for support of your site, then FTE will have a problem with any and all promotion of you site in the NC chapter forum.

My question to you is, had you known about FTE before you started FF, would you still have created that site?

In the DE chapter of FTE, our members like to attend the shows that benefit a charity. We probably attend 8 to 10 events a year.

Got an idea for you, click on the link in my signature and join us at the All Truck Nationals. Sure would like to meet you.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:35 PM
JD_fayetteville_ford
Freshman User
Where exactly is the ATN? I would definetly have made FF. This is my dream to be the start of something big. I am eventually going to divide FF into chapters, based on the vehicle type. Still talking it over with my Mods but still nothing concrete. I have something up for donations to the site. Once we have reached our goal for the paid DNS, I am donating the rest to the local Veterans Aid. That's the entire reason I started FF was to give back to the Community and help out the vets from the wars since they risked their lives to protect us. Being a Vet myself, I know the pain and scars that War gives someone. But like I said, I am trying to do everything in my power with little funds to achieve my goals.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:36 PM
JD_fayetteville_ford
Freshman User
Where exactly is the ATN? I would definetly have made FF. This is my dream to be the start of something big. I am eventually going to divide FF into chapters, based on the vehicle type. Still talking it over with my Mods but still nothing concrete. I have something up for donations to the site. Once we have reached our goal for the paid DNS, I am donating the rest to the local Veterans Aid. That's the entire reason I started FF was to give back to the Community and help out the vets from the wars since they risked their lives to protect us. Being a Vet myself, I know the pain and scars that War gives someone. But like I said, I am trying to do everything in my power with little funds to achieve my goals.

Quick Reply: Anyone near Fayette'nam?