Nova Scotia Join Chapter, Leader:

Good score

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 07:57 AM
northeaster79
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good score

I friend of mine recently bought a 1965 ford F100 long box fleet side truck,its a pretty nice solid truck,real good deal.it has a small six cylender,3 in the tree.nice project.it came with two 351w engines.hes going to rebuild the six and keep the drivetrain stock so he gave me the 351's.not sure yet what I'll do with them,but one has a 4 bbl intake on it and non-smog heads.not too sure what that would have came out of.also some other small parts that were of no use to him.I like deals like that.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:54 PM
WilleyB
Senior User
Hi Fred, the 351 is one tough old power plant. I had a 75 E150 with the 351. It had well over 120,000 miles on it without any major repairs when I sold it. Just plugs and oil changes.

Kind of a bummer in the Blithering News today about O Farrell closing shop. I wonder if the employees were told about it before it hit the local news.

Cheers
Willis

Old 05-22-2009, 07:07 AM
northeaster79
Elder User
I think I'll take them apart and stash them away for a future project willis,can't have enough good engine parts around.yes thats too bad about o'farrels,would be an awful shot after spending all that money on the building a couple years back.friend of mine works in parts at pontiac in town and he didn't even know as of tuesday if it was them or o'farrels.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:19 PM
WilleyB
Senior User
friend of mine works in parts at pontiac in town and he didn't even know as of tuesday if it was them or o'farrels
I was kind of wondering about the Pontiac dealers, let's face it the Pontiac is an endangered species. So what would they sell to remain a viable dealership.

Cheers
Willis

Old 05-25-2009, 07:52 AM
northeaster79
Elder User
I have no idea,buick,gmc trucks I guess,eastern gmc in antigonish lost theres too,I would guess you'll see o'farrels become an oregans dealership,just give them a small slice of the action.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:18 PM
WilleyB
Senior User
I don't know but all that new construction at the Westville Rd. dealerships leaves me wondering what will happen to them. I guess I hadn't thought about a sub dealership and what would that prove. This market share bull is what got them into this fix in the first place. There is no sense building 1000 cars if there is only 600 customers. I heard they took the axe to dealerships in the Sydney area, Ron May will not be renewed and the one in Glace Bay will be gone too.
Cheers
Willis

Old 05-26-2009, 10:21 AM
northeaster79
Elder User
no it really is too bad the way the things are going for them,it puts alot of people on the spot in alot of ways.but the sub dealer thing isn't all bad,I personally wouldn't buy a headlight from o'farrels if both mine were smashed and it was midnight.I went in there right out of highschool wanting to buy a truck,and they told me they had nothing for someone like me.I said good enough.went to V8 motors and bought my first ford truck.they were more then willing to show me what they had on the lot.but the service at highland isn't what it was.when they were still V8 on westville road you could deal with them.now they seem to be going the way most of the rest of them are,its not all about servicing the customer the best you can,its about making the buck.