Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Chapter decals

Old 04-27-2009, 11:14 AM
PooreBoy
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Chapter decals

just thinking of making some chapter decals and am wondering if anyone would be interested ?
Submit your ideas!

Old 04-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PooreBoy
just thinking of making some chapter decals and am wondering if anyone would be interested ?
Submit your ideas!
Just be very careful in the design. Nothing can be used that could possibly violate the proprietary rights of anyone. About a year and a half ago, we came up with some WAFTE products for sale at Cafe Press. That lasted a bout a month...I received a letter from a Salt Lake City attorney that represented Ford Motor Company. We never did use Ford in any of the products, but certain designs clearly showed that they were associated with Ford. For instance, the Blue Oval is well recognized as the Ford logo, regardless of what is printed inside, Ford would probably win a law suit against someone using it without their written permission.

I kind of gave up on the project, but do have contact points at Ford Motor Company. Most likely it would not be hard to get approval for some things, but they would have to approve the possible use first.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:04 PM
PooreBoy
Senior User
decals

I was thinking we are allready ford owners and mebers of an establisht chapter that allready is aprooved so why would we need to use a ford logo. I was thinking simple white lettering to simply state our chapter. Maybe just do something with the lettering to make it ours... Ford all ready got my money so they can keep there logo we allready advertize them every day we drive down the road. Lets be "WAFTE" let it be seen, let it be known, any one who sees are "colors" knows who we are! Even FORD!

Old 04-27-2009, 11:43 PM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can use WAFTE. BUT the FORD writing is a trademark.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:33 AM
PooreBoy
Senior User
Decals

Yeah I never even thought to use FORD

Old 04-28-2009, 11:09 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Hey guys check out the FTE guidelines on chapter decals. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...-1-2008-a.html ITEM # 8

They must be approved by FTE before you go to press.

Tom, also check the threads in the CL discussion forum.

Search this Thread