Nova Scotia Join Chapter, Leader:

chrome in a can

Old 04-27-2009, 06:51 AM
northeaster79
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chrome in a can

well I have been working on my 78 all winter and now I am in the mad panic to get it finished since the warm weather hit.I was going to get my rad support and approns powder coated but since the rad support was too long to go in the over I sandblasted and painted them yestarday,I was going to go all black,but decided to do the approns in grey and rad support black.
all went as it always does,sand in every part of your body and the nice cleaned parts.
painted the rad support black,and went to use the couple of rattle cans of grey I bought,turns out I grabbed the wrong ones and it looks like spray on chrome.but the more I look at them I think they kind of look like the factory galvinized inners.I starting to put it all together late last night and it actually doesn't look near as bad as I thought.I'll have to get a couple pictures once its all together and get your oppinions.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,344 Likes on 1,104 Posts
Looking forward to your pictures, it`ll be neat to see how it turned out as I`m always looking for these ideas.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:15 PM
northeaster79
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well its interesting looking thats for sure,it almost looks like it galvanized,not at all the look I was going for.

Search this Thread