Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Blown Coolant Gasket R&R GTG At My Place Saturday, LOL

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 02:24 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Blown Coolant Gasket R&R GTG At My Place Saturday, LOL

My baby seems to have blown a coolant gasket this afternoon on the way to work. sigh. I had white steam coming out of the pipes. It did not smell of oil. My wife is pickin up the gasket set today and I'll start workin on it tomorrow a.m. Gimme a call if anyone wants to come by and watch, supervise, offer moral support, or poke fun. lol. My cell is 918-845-0481

Old 05-04-2009, 08:26 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Thumbs up "Back on the road again....."

Ode to Willie..."I'm on the road again....back on the road again...lalala..." I got everything back together and after reinstalling the distributor three times I got her up and running. It took a good 30min of driving at temp to blow out all the coolant from the exhaust sytem. It looked funny idilng and going down the road blowing all that white steam. It looked so bad in the driveway that I had to take some digi pics, because it looked like my truck was doing one baaaaddd burnout. lol. While I was in there I replaced a lot of gaskets, valve stem seals, thermostate, hoses, etc. What a lot of work. But it was nice being able to do it and not pay someone big $$$ to do the work. Now i get to get back to work on my boys' go cart. I hope all of ya'll are staying dry, or at least afloat. This weather is the pits.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:13 PM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
glad to here you are on the road again. I would have been there just to much stuff to do.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:55 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
I appreciate the sentiment, JW. And I owe you a cold one for talkin me out of trying to drive her home that night. I'm sure I would have cracked a head with all the coolant that was in the oil and in the cylinder! It's good to know that I was able to call on you and Roger for advise on this fix. I had not torn an engine down that far before.