Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys This is the place to check out offers from FTE sponsors. Non-sponsor vendors may not post here.

Finally the CCV Mod kit is done...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 12:40 AM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Talking Finally the CCV Mod kit is done...

Ok, for all those who have been bugging, nagging and pushing me to get this done, we are there. The purpose of this kit is simple, we wanted to put it together with quality parts and a budget minded price point. What this means to you is that you get everything listed below for $45, and shipping is INCLUDED, no pennies to make it look cheaper and no gimmicks. We also use Fuel rated hose, not heater hose, which means that your hose won't fall apart after 6-8 months of oily residue. We also include Viton O-rings in partnership with Guzzle, Replacement O-rings for Diesel Engines so that you won't have to worry about anything leaking. You will get everything to do the whole project at your door. I am also going to ship the first 5 orders for FREE! Which means the first 5 kits are only $35. I will be posting up the 6637 mod kit tomorrow and also a separate powdercoated intake tube shortly there after, for those that want to get rid of the stock intake boot and are doing both the 6637 and CCV mods at the same time. Thanks guys...

Kit Includes:

- 5' Fuel rated Fleetrite hose
- You can purchase as much additional hose as you need for my cost $ 2.93/ ft
- 1 Black Powder-coated Spacer
- 2 Stainless hose clamps
- 1 Hose Connector
- 2 Viton O-rings
- 2-3 Day Priority Shipping Included

Old 03-19-2009, 12:42 AM
Quick444
Fleet Mechanic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
WOOT. I will be the first to ask it and hopefully some others will benefit from this. Why is this something I would want to go to my truck?

Old 03-19-2009, 12:46 AM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by Quick444
WOOT. I will be the first to ask it and hopefully some others will benefit from this. Why is this something I would want to go to my truck?
Because Brandon said so, LOL Plus it will give you +28hp

Old 03-19-2009, 12:46 AM
jkidd_39
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Quick444
Go look at your bottom intercooler boots and notice the oily mess. Thats why!

Or better yet, pull the driver side intercooler pipe and look at all the junk inside.

It takes all the oil mess out of your intake system.

Clay, that's so sexy I'd take it behind the middle school, and get it pregnant. Looks good sir!

Also, since I'm sure others will ask... What's the average length to get to post axle? On Longbox? Shortbox?

Old 03-19-2009, 12:49 AM
whitetr
Mountain Pass
I am definitely interested in hlthe intake tube as I would like to do the CCV and already have the 6637. Otherwise I will take one of these kits, I willnget in touch with you tomorrow.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by jkidd_39
Go look at your bottom intercooler boots and notice the oily mess. Thats why!

Or better yet, pull the driver side intercooler pipe and look at all the junk inside.

It takes all the oil mess out of your intake system.

Clay, that's so sexy I'd take it behind the middle school, and get it pregnant. Looks good sir!

Also, since I'm sure others will ask... What's the average length to get to post axle? On Longbox? Shortbox?
A long freaking way.... I will measure mine tomorrow and post up.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:19 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks sharp Clay..nice work

if you run this all the way out back..you need to make sure there are no sags at all..if any sag fills with oil and plugs the hose..it will blow out an oring some place..

Old 03-19-2009, 01:22 AM
ngng
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I think I'm gonna do this, I will be sure to do a write up!

Old 03-19-2009, 01:23 AM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by ron's power stroke
looks sharp Clay..nice work

if you run this all the way out back..you need to make sure there are no sags at all..if any sag fills with oil and plugs the hose..it will blow out an oring some place..
Very True... I personally run mine only to right before the fuel tank for that reason, but everyone will need to make there own decision

Old 03-19-2009, 06:30 AM
hgoody77
Senior User
Send me that invoice. I want this ccv mod with enough hose to get behind the cab some were and the intake kit we talked about.
Hopefully im in the top 5

Old 03-19-2009, 07:04 AM
03_PSD
Postmaster
nice job Clay, i'll be interested in the 6637 intake pipe....

Old 03-19-2009, 07:57 AM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great job Clay I am glad to see you got it line out . I was looking at Jeffs yesterday I like it his runs down into a catch can then brings the gases back up and runs them thru the truck.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:06 AM
RedBoat
Rather Be Floatin

Originally Posted by jdecker88
Great job Clay I am glad to see you got it line out . I was looking at Jeffs yesterday I like it his runs down into a catch can then brings the gases back up and runs them thru the truck.
I think I want to do mine this way also, I am running Rotella T dino and that is supposedly the worst offending stinker. So I need to build a trap and then reroute the hose back to the intake. Another weekend project gets added to the list.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:11 AM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good job Clay. FWIW, The 5' of hose will approximately get to about your driver's side door for those of you that are wondering how long that is. When I did my homemade CCV version, I used about 8' and ran it past the middle of the two doors on my CC. Plus, you will need those o-rings too. Once you pull the doghouse, you will see why.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:43 AM
jeff7825
Posting Guru
Looking good Clay. The o-rings are a MUST, nice thinking on that. I just didn't want to have any of the smell on mine, that's why I ran mine back into the intake. Although I hear Schaeffer's smells pretty good out of the CCV .