West Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 5_labsownus

Old blue

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Paul T
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old blue

I went to start my old 88 F150 4x4 (old blue) with the 300 6cyl. last sunday. I had not had her started for about 6 months. She has been sitting around now for almost 2 or maybe 3 years because the clutch went out on her and I just have not had the extra money to fix her up. She does not look like much now, a little rust here and there in the usual spots. She has 164,000 miles on her but she still ran like a champ, not using any oil before I parked her. Every once in a while I would go start her up and let her run awhile. I thought it was time again so I took the battery out of my 96 truck, check the oil and the antifreeze, plug wires and everything was fine. I had to remove a snake skin toward the firewall though. I just hit the starter once to make sure she would turn over, then I let her rip. She started on the first try and ran like she was just parked yesterday! My father-in-law could not believe it.
I have been contemplating maybe selling her for a while but I just didn't have the nerve to list it in the for sale ads. I have had a few people ask me if I want to sell her, but I always said no. Then my oldest daughter that is 11 has already put in a request that she wants a truck when she starts to drive. Well that has sparked a new interest in maybe a father daughter fix up on old blue. We talked about what color she wants to have it painted and she wants to keep her dark blue. We will see, I will keep you all informed. Maybe I will get some pictures and post them soon.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Archion
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That sounds like a great plan, It's always good to keep them in the family like that. The 300 is a venerable motor as well, not much she can do to hurt it.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:49 AM
msgtg
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I second that motion Paul! My daughter is still in love with the 92 F150 that she learned to drive in the snow on.

As a matter of fact, it's still sitting in the front yard.

Matt! Dude, I thought you had died or something...good to hear from you again!

Joe