Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

Anybody in Bozeman have a engine hoist?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 09:09 PM
DasCheckers
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody in Bozeman have a engine hoist?

I really would rather borrow a lift then rent one.
Let me know if you have one! I'll gladly throw ten bucks your way for a day or too.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:51 PM
FEmtnmax
Senior User
I'm in the Bozone, but I use a chain hoist hung off the roof trusses. I ran double 2x12's the length of the building, tied to the truss bottom cords and vertical stiffeners.
I used to write into this forum all the time, but there is a moderator "bear 45/70" who is a real first class A1 as*hole. He thinks he knows everything, and if he disagrees with you he will not hesitate to heave personal insults your way. Sort of a dictator type.
These forums are supposed to be a friendly free exchange of information, something enjoyable to help out fellow FE nuts like myself, Not a place to here more crap like in a grade school recess setting. It's no fun anymore with people like bear around.
I filed a complaint, then received a email reply that I did not do it correctly, tough luck, and get lost.... was the basic response.
So I have given up on what was a great forum. Phil

Old 03-06-2009, 12:12 AM
DasCheckers
Elder User
Originally Posted by FEmtnmax
I'm in the Bozone, but I use a chain hoist hung off the roof trusses. I ran double 2x12's the length of the building, tied to the truss bottom cords and vertical stiffeners.
I used to write into this forum all the time, but there is a moderator "bear 45/70" who is a real first class A1 as*hole. He thinks he knows everything, and if he disagrees with you he will not hesitate to heave personal insults your way. Sort of a dictator type.
These forums are supposed to be a friendly free exchange of information, something enjoyable to help out fellow FE nuts like myself, Not a place to here more crap like in a grade school recess setting. It's no fun anymore with people like bear around.
I filed a complaint, then received a email reply that I did not do it correctly, tough luck, and get lost.... was the basic response.
So I have given up on what was a great forum. Phil
Haha. I've actually got it hanging from a come along right now so I can put the clutch on. I just ran 2- 8', 2x4's combined with a scrap 4' piece for a little extra strength over my truss's.

So I don't see this moderator in our MT Chapter list so just check back here! I hate mods like that. I'll ask some questions about him.

I'll try to work it out so we can get you back Phil!