Mississippi Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Scndsin

MISSISSIPPI CHAPTER 1st OFFICIAL G2G March 21st

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 06:49 PM
BarryMc
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking MISSISSIPPI CHAPTER 1st OFFICIAL G2G March 21st

March 21st 2009, Will be at my shop in Byram MS, Corner of Davis rd and Gary rd. I figure we'll eat about 1, I'll fire up the grill about 12, I will be putting some burgers on the grill and possibly a pork butt for bbq sandwiches. If you have something you want put on, come early. It would help if you brought something like chips, baked beans, potato salad, dessert etc. also will need paper plates, plastic utensils, napkins. Bring your own beverage. Remember this is a first for me, so if I forgot something don't hesitate to chime in. Bring your wife, girlfriend and kids(not necessarly in that order) I'll check on a price for a porta john. We'll all pitch in for that. There's also a car show just up the road about a mile from the shop. I'll start a list on what you'll be bringing and how many will attend.
Just Copy and paste as you go.

1.BarryMc- Burgers, buns, ketchup etc.and other red meat. me and my wife-2

Old 03-03-2009, 08:22 PM
marcsmithracing
Junior User
2.MarcSmithRacing- Chips....chim in what you want... not sure what else. Just Myself. g/f gotta work

Old 03-03-2009, 09:39 PM
bigsteve1969
Posting Guru
well guys im havin surgery that 18th so i doubt i'll be able to make this one

Old 03-06-2009, 07:18 AM
BarryMc
Posting Guru
I've got a price on a porta john. If they deliver and pick up it will be $85.00 if we go get it and take it back it will be $65. I guess we'll see if we get more participation on whether we get it or not.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:46 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Barry I wish that i could make it. I am now working in chatanooga Tenn. i don't think that I will be home.

Good luck with the GTG. Take lots of pics and post up.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:58 PM
BarryMc
Posting Guru
No problem Robert, If you're working up there and get to come home once in a while, you would definitely want to spend time with your family. Hope everything works out up there for you.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Tangi Cowboy
Cargo Master
Barry, unless something comes up, I will take a ride from Kentwood up to Byram for your GTG on March 21st, My wife will be out of town, but I will make that little trip, I'll bring some diet cokes, and some smoked sausage for the grill, and if you think of anything else, just post it, and I'll pick it up for you!! looking forward to meeting you guys.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 760 Likes on 542 Posts

2.MarcSmithRacing- Chips....chim in what you want... not sure what else. Just Myself. g/f gotta work

3.Scndsin- Crock pot of lil' smokies, Ice? (tell me how much) Wife, maybe, maybe not. Will know the closer we get.

4.Tangi Cowboy-some diet cokes, and some smoked sausage for the grill

Barry: As a chapter leader to you have access to a mailing list of all current members? If not, can a mod assist in getting something out to nudge some of the less participating folk that we have something in the works?

Old 03-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 760 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally Posted by BarryMc
...If they deliver and pick up it will be $85.00 if we go get it and take it back it will be $65...
That might be $20 well spent...

Old 03-07-2009, 03:09 PM
sign_man
Senior User
all in the details

Originally Posted by Scndsin
That might be $20 well spent...
I'll spend the $85, or I can bring my 27' travel trailer in there and use the john in it. Other than the space it will take up, at least it will be air conditioned, have a water flush, and not stinky.

Old 03-07-2009, 03:30 PM
BarryMc
Posting Guru
Barry: As a chapter leader to you have access to a mailing list of all current members? If not, can a mod assist in getting something out to nudge some of the less participating folk that we have something in the works?[/quote]

Already checked into that, The Mod can broadcast a message but it goes to everyone REGISTERED at FTE in Mississippi, didn't really want to do that. I can compile a email list and do it individually, which is fine, will prolly do that tonight, so if ya'll get that email just ignore it haha

Old 03-07-2009, 03:35 PM
BarryMc
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by sign_man
I'll spend the $85, or I can bring my 27' travel trailer in there and use the john in it. Other than the space it will take up, at least it will be air conditioned, have a water flush, and not stinky.
Phillip, if you want to bring your camper that'd be great or we can all pitch in and get the porta john, what ever you feel comfortable with.

Man this is turning out pretty good so far, hopefully we'll get more participation.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Tangi Cowboy
Cargo Master
Sounds like you Mississippi Folks have got it going on, just for kicks I'll also bring a case of Kentwood Spring Water, all iced down and cold, for people who don't like Cokes or etc. I'll also volunteer to help clean the RESTROOM camper !!

Old 03-07-2009, 06:39 PM
BarryMc
Posting Guru
Ahhhh...Kentwood water...Straight from the mouth of the spring. They still have that big warehouse off the side of 55? Been through there hundreds of times always made a pit stop at the Kentwood exit.

1.BarryMc- Burgers, buns, ketchup etc.and other red meat. me and my wife. Wife said she'd make some brownies or something sweet.

3.Scndsin- Crock pot of lil' smokies, Ice? (tell me how much) Wife, maybe, maybe not. Will know the closer we get.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:26 PM
74broncosport
Junior User
Awesome, we'll be there, barring any baseball conflicts or bad weather.

5.74broncosport-hotdogs w/buns, paper plates.

Quick Reply: MISSISSIPPI CHAPTER 1st OFFICIAL G2G March 21st