Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

So I'm driving by the garage..

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 08:39 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I'm driving by the garage..

Well now fellers let me start this little tale from the beginning. T'other day I'm bragging to someone about Ole Reliable. Noooo...not the '86F-150...that "bowtie" Astro van sitting out in the driveway beside the Ford. Easy now fellers....I love 'em both.. just fer different reasons. Anyways...I'm going to work Tue. night and I'm driving by my mechanics..(in the bowtie van)... garage and notice..no vehicles in the parking lot. Hmmphh? I cackled to myself and said..."Ain't seen ye in a while George!" and then looked down at the tempreture gauge on the van. EEEEGADDS! The needle is sweeping past the 230deg. mark and CLIMBING! It's a notch out of the HOLY ++++! ZONE where hoses blow off and antifreeze goes flying all over!! Folks...I just put over $1000 in a new radiator and several more repairs, service work etc. etc. etc.in this van !! ARRRGGGGHHH! I made it to work..came out next morning with a jug of antifreeze in my hands....and there was a huge spill of antifreeze AND transmission fluid all over the parking lot. "Not good.."..I mumbled....."not good at all." Well, I made it back home after filling up the radiator and topping off the tranny. Made an appt. on Monday with my mechanic. For now it's just me and the Ford...good ole reliable Ford. My buddy. And that's todays story. Audie..the gammahooched Oldfart...