Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Lightning......what a joke

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-1999, 01:28 PM
Tom1.0
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant wait till Chevy makes the Silverado SS cause it will eat the lightning for lunch.

Old 12-28-1999, 03:11 PM
Phillip Guidry
Posting Guru

I'll tell you what; whenever Chevy is ready,let us know! By that time Ford will already have somethin' faster.You wanna' talk about joke,talk about the 454SS or even the 350SS.
Phillip

Old 12-29-1999, 06:45 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Try a Chevy site... troll....
Wait a minute, there aren't any decent Chevy truck resources on the net. Perhaps that's because Chevy truck owners can barely turn on a computer, much less design a web site. I guess that's why you're hanging out on a Ford truck site.

Ken Payne
Admin, Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Old 12-29-1999, 07:48 PM
Tom1.0
Freshman User

You ford guys think you are all that.Let me ask you this...Why does Chevy engines always have more horsepower and torgue than Fords??and Chevys always out perform them anyway. I wrote this to **** off all you Ford guys anyway.LOL hahahahaha

Old 12-30-1999, 07:54 AM
4D THNDR

Pull ANY of your Shovie products out here with my Lightning and we'll measure HP.

Old 12-30-1999, 10:46 PM
Jim P.

Hey you guys cut him some slack. Che*y trucks aren't that bad. I pulled a couple out of the same rut once and they seem to pull out pretty easy!

Old 12-31-1999, 12:02 PM
Pastmaster
Postmaster

MY dad has had several chevys since he switched over in 1996. we had a 92 x-tended cab 4x4 w/ 350/auto. it has 168k on it now, and is on its 3 alternator.

We also have a 96 Suburban that has 65k and is on its 2nd alternator and had to switch intermitent wiper delay and a few minor things. as well as a 700 dollar ac compressor.

Every Gm vehicle that we have ever had, has needed WAY more maintence and cost WAY more to opperate than a Ford. I have had only minor problems with both of my Fords. WAY YO GO FORD!!!

Old 12-31-1999, 06:47 PM
Greg
Freshman User

For towing the Chevy 454 engine can't hold a candle to a Ford 460. I you do heavy towing 10,000 to 15,000 pound trailers, everyone I know that have or had a Chevy replaced engines from 50,000 to 80,000 miles. With a Ford 460 everyone is getting over 100,000 miles, and I'm not talking about towing a trailer once a month, I'm talking about working trucks. We switched from Chevys to Fords, after buying a brand new 454 engine from Chevy that broke towing a trailer. It was towed into the dealership and they found it had an undersized piston, causing premature crank wear among other problems. This was a BRAND NEW ENGINE BOUGHT FROM CHEVY, the only thing the Chevy factory would do was cover parts because it was not installed at a dealership. They should fixed it for free, since they put out a bad engine. I've had a Ford F 350 Supercab Dually bought back from me by Ford because it was a lemon, and I still buy Ford trucks, but I will never buy another Chevy.

Old 01-09-2000, 04:55 PM
GLENN HERMAN

HAY ALL YOU FORD BRIGHT IDEA ENGINEERS WERE ARE
THE BETTER IDEAS BECAUSE SENCE I BOUGHT MY NEW 1993 F-150 THAT ONLY HAS 77 THOUSAND MILES ON IT
I HAVE HAD THE FUEL INJECTORS CLOOGED AND FRIED THE VALVES TWICE ONCE AT 32 THOUSAND AND ONCE AT 77 THOUSAND AND THE DEALER THAT I BOUGHT IT FROM TELLS ME IT'S BECAUSE I ALTERD THE FUELING SYSTEM WHEN I PUT A EXPLORER PRO COMP 4" SUSPENSION LIFT
ON THE TRUCK IS THAT BECAUSE FORD CAN'T STAND BEHIND THERE PRODUCTS I HAVE ALLSO HAD TO REPLACE THE TRANSMISSION WHEN A HOLE THE SIZE OF A FOOT BALL ACCURED ON MY WAY HOME FROM WORK ONE DAY I RELIZE THAT DETROIT ROADS SUCK BUT NOT AS MUCH AS THE PEOPLE WHO SAY FORD MAKES THE BEST OOOO BYE THE WAY I HAVE NEVER ABBUSED THIS TRUCK EVER.
AND I SWITCHED FROM CHEVROLET TO FORD I SHOULD
HAVE TAKEN UP SMOKEN CRACK INSTEAD IT'S PROBLEY CHEAPER THAN FIXIN,OR ,REPAIREN , DAILY GET IT

Old 01-11-2000, 01:33 PM
4D THNDR

I think you have a problem with Fords, but could you repeat that in english?

Old 01-19-2000, 01:26 AM
PHAT_J
New User

AND OH....BY THE WAY....THEY ALREADY HAVE THE PROTOTYPE SILVERADO SS OUT AND IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY IT ONLY RAN A 14.6 OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. MM&FF GOT A LIGHTNING TO 13.7 IN THE OCT. 99 ISSUE. SO WHEN THEY DO FINALLY RELEASE IT I GUESS WE SHALL SEE.

Old 01-19-2000, 01:47 AM
Boss_358
Posting Guru

You know Glen, I like fixin my Ford. I stick with what I believe in and when you drive a truck, (especially a 4x4) you are going to run into problems. I break stuff and just shrug it off and fix it. I don't drive my truck thinking that it will be non-maintanance or will be problem free like you apparently think that a truck is supposed to be. Oh yeah one more thing. Next Time you feel like posting a message about how good you think your chevy is, put down the Crack Pipe, get hooked on phonics, (in the long run it will be cheaper then fixing the never-ending braking and ABS problems on your GM) and go brag (or whine) on some other site.

Old 01-23-2000, 05:15 PM
robertc
New User

Hey Tom did you know that Chevy bought two new
Lightnings when they came availble in May. They
wanted to see what made them so fast and if they
could make anything close to it.

Old 01-23-2000, 06:36 PM
Trail_Rider
Fleet Mechanic

Since this column turned into a Ford vs Chevy column I think I'll throw my 2 cents in.

1. The only reason SB Chevys are so popular is they are a dime a dozen, and everybody can get them cheap. When the market is flooded with anything it just stands to reason that there will be a certain number of misguided souls that think it's a good thing.

2. Conduct your own survey and determine for yourselves why the ratio of older Fords still being used as daily drivers and work trucks (not garage queens and show trucks)is higher than GM?

Trail Rider

Old 01-25-2000, 08:26 AM
crueljon
Freshman User

I LOVE FORD, I KINDA LIKE CHEVY, I REALLY HATE DODGE, BUT DODGE IS PLANNING ON COMMING OUT WITH A RAM, WITH AN EFI 426 HEMI IN IT, IN ABOUT 2001 OR 2002, IT MAY SMOKE BOTH THE SILVERRADO SS AND LIGHTNING, BUT THIS DONT CHANGE MY MIND ABOUT FORD, I LOVE FORD, BESIDES WE ALL KNOW M.O.P.A.R. IS MOSTLY.OIL.PAINT.AND.RUST.
LONG LIVE FORD.

JOHN

Quick Reply: Lightning......what a joke