S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Lead ammo ban proposal

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 07:42 PM
Kep4
Jäger
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Lead ammo ban proposal

Like we didn't know this proposal was coming. Incremental erosion of rights is the way we will lose them. Unfortunately, Kalifornia will lead the way. Now is the time to get active and make your voice heard!

CALIFORNIA REGULATORY ALERT
This information is accurate at the time this CAL-ERT was written and originally distributed. The NRA Members' Councils of Californiawill keep you informed as issues affect your gun-rights in California.
STATE-WIDE BAN ON LEAD AMMUNITION MAY BE AROUND THE CORNER<O</O
The Fish and Game Commission is considering a state-wide ban on the use of lead ammunition for hunting. Almost two years ago, a bill (AB821) was signed into law that imposed a ban on the use of lead ammunition for hunting in areas occupied by the California condor. Through its hunting regulations, the Commission extended the ban to include .22 rimfire ammunition and expanded the boundaries where the ban applies. With this track record, the Commission is likely to be receptive to carrying the ban to the borders of the state. <O></O>
From the beginning, proponents of the current ban have wanted to lead ammunition banned state-wide. The California condor was simply being used as an excuse by the anti-hunters and anti-gunners to carry out this agenda. They have already achieved a partial ban. The next step is to take it state-wide. If they are successful, they will push to ban the use of lead ammunition for everyone, not just hunters.<O</O
There is no scientific evidence that lead ammunition is the source of lead affecting the health of condors released to the wild. There is no scientific evidence that lead ammunition is a risk to human health and the environment in California. What is evident is that there are a group of special interests that have friends on the Commission who will not stop until the most affordable, available, and balistically superior ammunition available is banned in our state. When that happens they know the damage it will do to hunting and shooting participation. extend the ban on lead ammunition.<O</O

CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE CA. FISH & GAME COMMISSION:
Mailing Address:
California Fish and Game Commission
1416 Ninth Street
P.O. Box 944209
Sacramento, CA 94244-2090

Phone Number:
(916) 653-4899

Fax Number:
(916) 653-5040

E-Mail:(Please include "State-wide Lead Ammo Ban" in the e-mail subject line.)
Submit written comments, via electronic mail to:
John Carlson, Jr., Executive Director fgc@fgc.ca.gov
Jon K. Fischer, Deputy Executive Director - Regulations and Policy jfischer@fgc.ca.gov
Adrianna Shea, Deputy Executive Director - Special Advisor to the Commissioners ashea@fgc.ca.gov

Old 02-13-2009, 09:08 PM
orng1
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's stupid, when I shoot something I want it to die.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:36 PM
mattymx
Freshman User
We are going to be "Legislated" to death. Dont these people have anything better to do with their time? They need to get a life. Good grief.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:47 AM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Get off your duff and email them, guys. I sent this:

<HR>

Dear Fish and Game Commission Member,

I am opposed to any such lead ammunition ban.

Please do not impose this draconian measure upon the lawful shooting public of California. Lead ammunition has been safely used in this state for hundreds of years without harmful effect. And as the shooting and hunting public declines in number each year, largely due to increasing regulations such as this, the effect on the environment can be expected to decrease in the future without the need for measures such as this.

Please, please, do not do this.

Thank you for hearing my voice,
Bill Pounds
Whittier, CA

<hr>
Go here for an address that will email ALL the F&G commissioners with one email.
CA Legislative Info and Contact Tools

Old 02-14-2009, 10:09 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Email sent:

Lady and gentlemen,

I urge you to oppose the implementation of further restrictions on the use of lead ammunition in our state.

Thank you,

Steve Price
Lakewood, Ca.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:11 PM
tin-man
Post Fiend
Good Afternoon West Coast, Today California and tomorrow Harris Co. Georgia. What affect's one, eventually affect's us all. E-mail sent: Thank's

Old 02-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Kep4
Jäger
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
As California goes, so goes the nation.

Getting firearm owners and those who appreciate the freedom to own firearms off their collective butts and writing letters, making phone calls and faxing is difficult. It's necessary if we're going to hold the line though.

If you're not participating then you're part of the problem, and that problem is apathy.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:25 AM
tin-man
Post Fiend
Well said Russ!

Old 02-17-2009, 02:54 AM
jake08
Elder User
Thanks Russ. More big $$$$ lost for California!

Old 02-17-2009, 08:07 AM
freirefishing
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we were banned from using lead back in the 90's in mass, only for waterfowl though. we had to use steel, i prefered tin shot. we could use lead for upland birds. its crazy though all of these legislations....i dont know who conducts there field work, but i can tell you that going from lead to steel shot on goose hunting was horrific, we couldnt take the longer shots like we could with lead. 2 3/4 lead, drops more birds at higher altitudes than 3 1/2 steel shot. the ducks didnt seem to differe that much, there not as insulated as the goose. i hope it doesnt pass out there,like mentioned earlier that would be the start of the domino effect

Old 02-17-2009, 11:54 AM
jake08
Elder User
I just called NRA ILA in Sacramento. 916 446 2455 The lady informed me that DFG has no spacific proposal for a lead ban in greater California. YET! Our voices are being heard in Sacramento as we speak. Keep up the pressure!

Old 02-17-2009, 05:06 PM
tin-man
Post Fiend
Good evening lead ban folk's

Old 02-20-2009, 09:13 AM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Here is Jim Matthews commentary on the issue:
News & Commentary

For the outdoorsmen among us, if you don't subscribe to the Matthews email column I would suggest you give it a try. It's free, comes weekly to your inbox, and I enjoy his writing.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:34 AM
tin-man
Post Fiend
Good Morning West Coast and Mr. Bill

Old 02-20-2009, 10:36 AM
jake08
Elder User
Thanks Bill.