Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Just gentle reminder

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 11:10 AM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Just gentle reminder

If you have any concerns, any at all ,please feel free to PM me, or call me..I really want see this chapter to grow.. We have great group of users here, the most in a very long time, and I want you all to feel at home here.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Seems there might have been an issue here? I think it's been pretty easy going around here, so what gives?

Old 02-13-2009, 08:04 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Issue ??? What issue ???

Old 02-13-2009, 08:09 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Didn't you notice the "friends" post got hammered by the regional moderator and now it's gone?

Yesterday morning I read it and it had the typical mud sling' going on about houses and where people lived. It seemed all in jest, but maybe it wasn't? Suddenly it's gone.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:31 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Freightrain
Didn't you notice the "friends" post got hammered by the regional moderator and now it's gone?

Yesterday morning I read it and it had the typical mud sling' going on about houses and where people lived. It seemed all in jest, but maybe it wasn't? Suddenly it's gone.
Oh, That...

Yeah I noticed. I think maybe the guy who started it couldn't take the heat and complained. Maybe he shouldn't have made the derogatory comments he did about others who simply responded in kind. Can't say for sure but it sure looks that way because there was another lock out involving the same person over in the '48 - '60 forum. It seems awfully co-incidental.

Doesn't matter though as it had pretty much run it's course and was getting old. I think the lock out was overkill because it would have died anyway. In my opinion it was no great loss and nothing to loose sleep over.

It's nothing new on these boards. The FTE is more civil than most I have participated in. It just boils down to the fact that some guys like to dish it out but are very thin skinned when they get a taste of their own medicine. I think they just take all this way too seriously. Some people need a lifetime perscription for chill pills.

I don't think the Ohio Chapter is threatened by this so I wouldn't sweat it.

Later Man...

Old 02-13-2009, 09:56 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
I have to say that FTE is a great site,and better than others that I have seen.
Ditto to what Dave said. I have to say--I will hold back more on my answers,but my answers were all in jest. I hope to spend more time with my trucks soon,as the weather gets better.....and I just bought another 56 truck and have to get it home today.
Figures....today it snowed....haha
Bill

Old 02-13-2009, 10:16 AM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
One of the things is that typed words can be taken the wrong way, sometimes what is funny to some maybe offensive and taken personal to others.

With that in mind sometimes it is good to take a step back and look at things from a third party view.

now with that said , the activity in this chapter has been great, and it is growing , which is something I think everyone wants to see, so lets try to keep that momentum going...

As to thread being removed, I asked for it to be done, it was a carry over from another forum, and felt it best for it to go bye bye ...

I really do not know alll the details , but gluff felt it was best to close it..
and considering that there were some tension , i agree....

So lets move forward and also try to mend some fences as well.

BTW I am not big on censoring but in some cases it is best...

Just a thought, we really need to have a meet sometime, it really makes a differance when you can put a face to a screen name..

I went to the Carlise meet last year , and it made a world of difference when I joke and kid around with those users that I have met in person.....

Old 02-13-2009, 11:09 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by F2504x4
One of the things is that typed words can be taken the wrong way, sometimes what is funny to some maybe offensive and taken personal to others.

I can understand that to a degree but when others start or in some cases intentionally prolong it to get a reaction, that theory blows out the window.

It's easy to see there are two major factions here. On one side you have people who have led an extremely shelterd life and are way too sensitive. Then there are those of us that have been exposed to the worst of meaningless criticism and ridicule and just don't care because we know it means nothing. After years in working in heavy construction and in the service during Vietnam I have learned to just not care becauseIknow it means nothing.

I would say the best advice here is that if you fall into the sensitive group it would be best to stay out of the game and especially a good idea not to start anything. Kind of like the old saying, don't write checks you can't cash.

With that in mind sometimes it is good to take a step back and look at things from a third party view.

I think the third party is a lot more astute than you may be giving them credit for.

now with that said , the activity in this chapter has been great, and it is growing , which is something I think everyone wants to see, so lets try to keep that momentum going...

As to thread being removed, I asked for it to be done, it was a carry over from another forum, and felt it best for it to go bye bye ...

It was really more than that. I'm pretty sure you don't know the whole story.

I really do not know alll the details , but gluff felt it was best to close it..
and considering that there were some tension , i agree....

Like I said previously, it was a rather moot point because it was about to die a natural death.

So lets move forward and also try to mend some fences as well.

Personally my fences are in fine shape simply because I take and give all that stuff for what it is. It really means nothing. Sometimes the princess's just need to learn to suck up.

BTW I am not big on censoring but in some cases it is best...

Just a thought, we really need to have a meet sometime, it really makes a differance when you can put a face to a screen name..

I went to the Carlise meet last year , and it made a world of difference when I joke and kid around with those users that I have met in person.....
Not a bad idea... However it's a lot harder to do than talk about. On one hand you got people with jobs and kids and then there are those of us who have gone into retirement that either have part time jobs or retirement business. Getting all the ducks in a row is no easy task.

Don't get the wrong idea here... I do appreciate your candor and the fact that you pointed ouit it was you who wanted the thread ended. However, you must have known you would draw a respones by posting what you have. Believe me when I tell you that there is no positive result to be gained without complete resolution. Dictorial process is a method of control but there is little or no positive result to be gained.

All that said, please understand that I know how things work and how they are done, therefore I have no problem with acceptance.

So, good luck with the quest for a better forum. I'm quite willing to play that way as long as others are.

Later Man...

Old 02-13-2009, 04:32 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Just to be clear on the thread in question, I asked to have it removed after the mod locked it IMO it was the right thing to do.. and it really was point less to leave it since those involved were aware of what was going on...

now as to the other issues, I think we all need to be considerate of each other, regardless of there background....

I try not to say much on things like this....cause I am merely a figure head for the chapter, and my main thing in this, is to promote the grow of the chapter as the members see fit....but i do not want to see anyone or any one group push others out... so let us all learn from this and try to continue to move forward...okay?