Update on us

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 12:45 AM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Update on us

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on the forum much recently. I have been staying pretty busy. We are collectors of junk as many are. Well, after living in our new RV for three years now I decided it was time to start cleaning house. We decided if we done use it, it needs to be gone to a new home. So for a few weeks I have been going through everything & lightening our load. Gosh, the stuff we acquire to use or think we will use is unreal in our life. Well the second hand store, ebay, friends, & the garbage men have gained a lot of stuff we don't use anymore, or never did.
With our plans to move back to Arizona in June it was time to lighten up some. The Lumina died a few weeks ago, a head gasket or broken head so it went to a friend who has a live one for parts. It gave us good use for over a year & with 255,000 miles I wasn't going to fix it. That leaves us with two trucks & that is enough for now, less stuff again.
Vici has been applying for work in the western part of the State. I PMed Bill about Tucson because there is a lot of Special Ed teacher positions listed there.
So we are just working towards our move this summer. The only thing at this point that would stop us is if Arizona stops paying teachers, or schools impose hiring freezes because of budget short falls. We are hoping that doesn't happen. I believe Arizona has a budget in place for the 09-10 year. we know they possible are going to run out of money soon, so we keep watching things.
Well, you guys are updated with us, for now.
Craig

Old 02-08-2009, 08:31 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,065 Likes on 4,165 Posts
Craig...thanks for the update...hopefully things will work out for you!!!

Old 02-08-2009, 12:03 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,657 Likes on 1,127 Posts
I just heard last week that the Chino Valley school is going to be cutting staff by 1/3. I haven't heard who is getting cut.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:05 PM
PilotRob
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best of luck to your wife. Mine is in her first year with Gilbert Schools and we're hoping she can survive any cuts they make. It's not easy right now.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:12 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
What is the latest with the schools in Arizona? We keep seeing openings mainly in the Phoenix & Tucson areas. She would rather be in a Charter Schools, she is Special Ed teacher that will have her Master in Dec 09.
Any info would be appreciated. I read somewhere Arizona has a budget passed for 09-10 year & Education cuts weren't shown, is that true? I keep reading there is still a nationwide shortage of Special Ed teachers. Yahoo had an article that showed Special Ed as one of the recession proof jobs. But who knows, I guess we will find out.
Craig

Old 02-09-2009, 08:56 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,657 Likes on 1,127 Posts
here is an article I just found Craig.

Denied:1up! Software ()

Old 02-09-2009, 10:42 PM
liftedgrocerygetter
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice to see you on again Craig!

Feels great when you lighten your load and start cleaning out huh, I know it feel good around here. Sorry to hear about the car but like you said it has lived a full life. haha.

Hopefully Viki will be able to find a job fairly easy.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:39 AM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Bart thanks for that link. Cris, thanks for the kind words. She has been sending out resumes. Contacting friends she knows in different schools. Something will come about, she is real positive about it. It seems that her feelings about situations like this almost always come out for the best. I have learned to trust her feels about different situations like these. I figure it will come out as it is suppose to. I plan the plans & try & leave the results up to God.
Cris, Cleaning out all the stuff we did really did make me feel good. I feel more right sized now. A few more things could go before I'm through.
Craig

Old 02-10-2009, 01:14 PM
PilotRob
Elder User
My wife got some news yesterday from her principal about things, but as yet she hasn't had time to tell me about it. From what I'm reading online, it seems that she'll be able to keep her job. Probably won't get a raise, but I'd rather see a steady paycheck than NO paycheck.

Now if only the Gilbert School District (and Gilbert in general, along with just about every other city in the U.S.) would turn off 3/4 of their lights at night! Why do they need 20 streetlights in front of an empty office building?! There's a little bit of savings. TURN THEM OFF and maybe the teachers won't have to pay for every pencil, eraser, and staple that gets used in the classroom.

Sorry. [/rant]

Old 02-12-2009, 09:52 AM
bigunred
Elder User
Well I hope for the best for you guys. And it would be great if you guys can get where you'd like to be, its funny how things work out sometimes. I also ocassionally like to down size my junk, it still amazes me what i'll save for no apparently known reason.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:29 AM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bigunred
Well I hope for the best for you guys. And it would be great if you guys can get where you'd like to be, its funny how things work out sometimes. I also ocassionally like to down size my junk, it still amazes me what i'll save for no apparently known reason.
You can say that again. It seems like I saved about everything. My thought process is I might need it some day. The crazy thing is I could go buy it for cheap if I ever did need it. 99.9% of that stuff I never use again or even need period.
Been looking to replace the Blazer before we move back. I would buy an Explorer 4x4 92-97. I looked at a bunch of Durango's today. 99-01 with 5.2L (318). I not going to give much for either. I see a bunch of them Durangos with 100G for $4000-$5000. I see Explorers in the 92-94 with like 120G for a couple thousand.
We are going back into Reno tomorrow & see if we can deal on one. I found an 01 Durango 4x4 96,000 5.2 they want $4995 & I going to offer them this engine problem Blazer & $2000 cash out the door. I'll drive it to Arizona & license & insure it. So I only need a drive away 10 day permit. I still have all our stuff licensed & insured in Arizona. I found a 99 Durango 4x4 with a 5.2 for $3755 out the door the craigslist ad says. 88,000 miles. I'm going to call them & see if I can trade this Blazer & some cash for that one. I'm going back on-line tonight & see what Explorer are in Reno & look into them if there are any cheap ones. These dealers seem to think these used cars are valuable, there are a few that are aware that their crap is just sitting there unsold & they want to move them so they will get real about prices. Reno is loaded with 4x4 nothing is moving. Reno is hurting badly. They have like around 11% unemployment.
Anyway, I'm on a mission for now. May have to just wait a few more months when they have 20% unemployment & them we'll see if they want to get real with price. Sacramento is hurting also I saw a 05 Durango 4x4 with 45,000 miles for $8950 down there. Now that is what they are worth IMHO. I see I think it was Reno Dodge offering Durango's 09s BRAND NEW for 50% off sticker.
Craig

Old 02-14-2009, 03:28 AM
AzBlueWolf
Post Fiend
Mornin Craig!

Be careful with the durangos...the inner door panels are prone to breakage and are very expensive! I saw a few come thru the shop last year and they paid $500 for used door panels!

Old 02-14-2009, 09:46 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Thanks Mark.
I'm working on a 99 Expedition 4x4 4.6L with 127,000 miles. It has a really clean body & interior. I want them to give me a CarFax on it. & make sure they stick to their deal which I have in writing. I'm taking a friend of mine that has dealt in used cars for 40 years, from my hometown Hawthorne NV. We will make sure everything is right. I need to dump this junk Blazer off. I took it in the shorts on that Blazer & I need to cut my loses & run with something better. This Expedition drove out good, about half way through the test drive the check engine light appeared, but they said they would fix that since it is smog. So I hope I can finalize it on Wednesday. The Blazer & $2600 cash out the door. I hate car shopping, so I hope this will be a good one so we can drive it without worrying if the engine is going to give up. I drove a Durango today & remembered why I got rid of our Dakota. So they are out. Chevy is having a fair amount of engine problems due to piston design. I read an article on the 6.0L So Chevy is out. Leaving only FORD. (Don't mention the imports to me) So I posted a few questions over at the Expedition board hoping they will chime in with some answers & advise etc. Anyone hear please jump in before Wednesday with anything you think I need to know or watch for.
Craig

Old 02-14-2009, 09:48 PM
AzBlueWolf
Post Fiend
thats good...I hope this one works out better for you.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:39 AM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Thanks Mark, I feel better trying to get back to a Ford. My 86 F250 has been a good truck costly at times but it has never left me stuck or along the side of the road,(YET) 187,000 miles.
We have had a bunch of Rangers & they gave us good service. I had a 88 T-Bird, 95 Mustang GT, that both were trouble free. The T-Bird is still running around here in Nevada with over 250,000 miles.