Looks like I'm FINALLY getting started!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 11:17 PM
CheaperJeeper
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like I'm FINALLY getting started!

Well, after nearly a year of looking and waiting, it looks like I may have finally found someone to start a BD co-op with!

A guy from just a few miles down the road from me advertised on CraigsList asking if anyone wanted to help start a bio co-op. Naturally I jumped right on board since that is what I've been looking for. He's already got a couple of hundred gallons of oil, and I have a couple of sources for about that much more at fifty cents a gallon. We talked on the phone for a while and we hit it right off. Took about 10 minutes to figure out we share pretty much the same political views and motivations for doing our own bio.

At about the same time that he was advertising for a bio co-op, another local guy advertised on CraigsList that he's changed his mind about making bio and offered to sell a new HF pump, 50 gal HW tank, half a dozen valves and a 70 gallon cone-bottom poly tank - with a twin impeller mixing aparatus through the lid - all for $100. Naturally I jumped on that too.

So it looks like things are finally coming together. I'm pretty jazzed!

Old 01-28-2009, 09:57 AM
CheaperJeeper
Posting Guru
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I have an 80 gallon HW tank that is going to be our reactor. The 50 gallon one will become our meth recovery still

Old 01-28-2009, 10:13 AM
JOEOIL
Junior User
why would you gothrough all that.
i have beenrunning svo not bd
no caustic,no methenaol, no mixing , no chemistry,
let me ask you a question , can you make some bd on the road ?
svo -wvo is everywhere

Old 01-28-2009, 11:56 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by CheaperJeeper
Well, after nearly a year of looking and waiting, it looks like I may have finally found someone to start a BD co-op with!

A guy from just a few miles down the road from me advertised on CraigsList asking if anyone wanted to help start a bio co-op. Naturally I jumped right on board since that is what I've been looking for. He's already got a couple of hundred gallons of oil, and I have a couple of sources for about that much more at fifty cents a gallon. We talked on the phone for a while and we hit it right off. Took about 10 minutes to figure out we share pretty much the same political views and motivations for doing our own bio.

At about the same time that he was advertising for a bio co-op, another local guy advertised on CraigsList that he's changed his mind about making bio and offered to sell a new HF pump, 50 gal HW tank, half a dozen valves and a 70 gallon cone-bottom poly tank - with a twin impeller mixing aparatus through the lid - all for $100. Naturally I jumped on that too.

So it looks like things are finally coming together. I'm pretty jazzed!
Great news! I know you've been trying to get started for quite a while. Let us know if you need any help!

Originally Posted by JOEOIL
svo -wvo is everywhere
Why on earth would you want to discourage anyone from making biodiesel?

Old 01-28-2009, 12:28 PM
JOEOIL
Junior User
i'm not trying to dicurage anyone,
i just asked a simple question.
why would you?
ford idi engines are very well suited to burn straight veglable oil
with out the draw backs of making bio-diesel

Old 01-28-2009, 12:30 PM
JOEOIL
Junior User
fabhandelux do you make bio-diesel?
have you ever run a idi on straight vo?

Old 01-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Rushmore X
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
So did you put yourself on the roll-call as making? It took awhile for us to get going too...

Old 01-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Z-MAN
Senior User
Good luck bio-ing im trying to get a co-op starteded in southwest burbs of chicago no hits so far on info-pop, maybe i will try craigslist

Old 01-28-2009, 06:29 PM
willbd
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
svo -wvo is everywhere
You still need Biodiesel or diesel to start and stop on if you run WVO.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:33 PM
CheaperJeeper
Posting Guru
svo -wvo is everywhere
I'm sorry, but I have to say, that is about the most ignorant sounding ridiculous bunch of fooey I have seen posted in this forum.

Where to start? Let me see...

Learn how to use the Shift key - the first word in each sentence is supposed to be capitalized.

Also separate words are supposed to have a space between them - the long key at the bottom is the spacebar.

We'll ignore the spelling for now.

Now for the ridiculous statements...

SVO is everywhere - true: and it only costs about twice the current price of diesel!

WVO is everywhere - true: but unless you want to steal it (which I wouldn't even consider) getting it when you are away from home is not so easy. In my area getting it for free is next to impossible, but you can buy it pretty cheaply. Trying to drive more than a couple of hundred miles from home on it would require hauling a large tank of it with me OR making arrangements to beg, borrow, or buy it from other WVO-ers along the way and then having to plan your trip around getting it.

Can I make bio on the road - no: however, I won't need to because my truck won't need to be modified and will still run great on regular diesel.

Can you filter and de-water WVO on the road? Not without hauling a lot of gear and/or spending a lot of time at it you can't.

Other reasons:
The cost of a quality veg oil system (not some cobbled together piece of junk that takes constant maintenance and leaves you stranded with gelled or plugged filters on a regular basis) one that will allow you to burn veg oil and NOT destroy your IP and engine in 20 or 30 thousand miles, is pretty high. How long you been running veg? Unless you have 50k miles on your system with no problems, you haven't even proven it really works and won't destroy your engine in my book.

Also, though I will be running it in my truck, the bulk of the BD that I use will be in my daily driver - a Mercedes. The truck is pretty well set up for conversion to a two tank system, but the Mercedes isn't, and can't be very easily or cheaply. And unless you live in the southwest, a one tank system is almost certainly going to send your engine to an early grave.

For a couple hundred bucks I can build a NICE bio production setup.
Since I know lots of people with diesels I can sell excess bio to my friends (by having them join the co-op as "passive members") so with a just a little markup I can quickly pay back my investment in the production setup as well as pay for the ongoing cost of producing my own fuel.

Your choices are modify the fuel or modify the vehicle. I choose modify the fuel because it is less risky, leaves my vehicles stock, and can more than pay for itself. BTW, I'm not afraid of a little methanol or lye. They're just common chemicals and if handled properly aren't really dangerous enough to be a big deal IMO.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:38 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Ya, What he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 01-29-2009, 05:30 PM
JOEOIL
Junior User
jeeper creeper you have never made a drop of bio diesel.
so you can't see the benifits of svo
i was wondering how do you get all that oil that you make your bio=diesel with to your house
if i can't dewater on the road i must still be in fla.
all three pickup i own run straight veg oil,so does my mer=benz cobined 100k miles

as far as typing skills ,lol guru

Old 01-29-2009, 06:01 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
fabhandelux do you make bio-diesel?
have you ever run a idi on straight vo?
I've been making and using bio for 5 years.

jeeper creeper you have never made a drop of bio diesel.
so you can't see the benifits of svo
i was wondering how do you get all that oil that you make your bio=diesel with to your house
if i can't dewater on the road i must still be in fla.
all three pickup i own run straight veg oil,so does my mer=benz cobined 100k miles

as far as typing skills ,lol guru

What is your problem? You come on this forum and start a line of BS that is not wanted here, get a life!

I think it's time for some

Old 01-29-2009, 07:34 PM
CheaperJeeper
Posting Guru
Its Cheaper Jeeper, and obviously your reading ability is no better than your typing, English, grammar or logic.

1st, what does how much bio I have made or not made have to do with my knowing nothing about the benefits of SVO? I've run LOTS of bio, and actually run some SVO in my Benz. I've also done a LOT of research on both. You sir are talking out your @$$ about someone you know nothing about.

2nd, combined 100k miles on 4 vehicles, huh? That sounds like 25k apiece. So then you still haven't run 50k through ONE engine to prove it doesn't do any damage.

3rd, how old are you son? Judging by your text-message-style of...<cough, cough>..."communicating", I'm guessing about 18 - almost certainly under 20. And we're supposed to believe that you've driven 100k miles in your young life, and all of it on SVO? Gimme a break!

4th, yes, the number of posts I have accumulated gives me the title of Guru. Since joining I have posted - and in the process LEARNED - a lot. Check my posts. Not a lot of fluff there. I think I have garnered a decent amount of "respect points" from the people around here in achieving my "Guru" status. Question: how much respect have you got from people around here? More importantly how much are you ever going to get typing what you are and the B.S. you are? Answer: not much.

Like WC Fields always said "Get away from me kid - you're bothering me"

Old 01-30-2009, 07:09 PM
JOEOIL
Junior User
you are protesting to loudly.
you are attacking me.
if you want to make bio,go ahead!
but there are benifets wvo have ,
a two tank sys. also
if you can't afford one ,thats a differant story
perhaps we got off on the wrong foot
i can tell by your typing skill you are much more intelligent
but at 20 or under, running 3 pickups and a mb all paid for by me on wvo, for two years
yea i bought 2 cases of filters for my trucks. i bought all new injectors one new injectror pump for my 87(it was tired) so what
if i have to pull the whole engine out, and rebuild one ,i can
still you have not made one drop of bd
you said you put veg oil in your mb!
i might be a little slow
how did you heat it
you are a fake,
areader not a do-er
good luck to you sir

Quick Reply: Looks like I'm FINALLY getting started!